• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I thought I watched a video where he stated it might not be als. Was there a new diagnosis?
    Originally JY said it wasn't an official diagnosis and he MIGHT have ALS because of a family history. He has recently stated that while a diagnosis is still pending, he has been exhibiting more of the signs that his father had with his ALS. Originally it started out with a speech impediment and now he is estimating that he has lost approx. 25% of his arm strength.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I never cared much for him, but I have great respect for him now.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is an intentional "last mission", but I'm not familiar with his situation.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

I wouldn't be surprised if this is an intentional "last mission", but I'm not familiar with his situation.
    If he does have the disease, It does seem like "going out with a bang" and possibly doing some good for others is better than sitting in his living room wasting away into oblivion.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    In the War Poet interview JY says that his death is already predetermined whether it happens in Ukraine or at home. He says that no matter want happens he doesn't want to regret not taking that last opportunity to make a difference while he still can and that's what drives him to want to do so in Ukraine. I don't believe he intentionally wants to go out that way but if it's his way to go then so be it.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee

Never cared for him nor do I have any respect for him now. I do not know what his intentions are or his rationale, but I am not sure what value he will be able to add over there.

Seems like the time for training was a long time ago.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Never cared for him nor do I have any respect for him now. I do not know what his intentions are or his rationale, but I am not sure what value he will be able to add over there.

I imagine he's going for "training", not training.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    I cannot fathom having ALS.
    Facing such a catastrophic illness without being surrounded by family, the last thing I’m able to hug not being my wife, kids and grandkids. It’s unthinkable. I would go to war to get home not the other way around

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Hmm. I wonder if he can find a ditch as fast as he did in Iraq back in the day.
    Geeze you came out of self imposed exile after all this time just to post that dig? If I remember correctly you had a particular sore spot when it comes to JY from way back. Looks like that sore spot is still an irritation that never went away.

I believe it had something to do with him dissing 1911s as an unreliable non legit carry option at the time and you were volunteering to go and prove him wrong by using a 1911 in one of his training courses that he offered at his expense and he reneged on that offer or something like that.

Like I said it’s been awhile and I’m sure that I’m not quite remembering all of the exact details about your particular beef with JY but I’m pretty sure that was the gist of it. Or then again maybe it’s someone else I’m thinking of but I thought it was you.

If it was you maybe it’s time to let it go. Seems kinda petty to be carrying that particular grudge over a 1911 diss after all this time IMO.

My apologies if I’m wrong.

Last edited:

SpinDrift762

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 4, 2022
    Brownsburg

He has always been a goober to some degree. I watched his stuff way back in… maybe 2005? I found it cringey, but the basic pistol marksmanship was ok.

I do respectfully disagree with training being too little, too late. Ukrainian civilians are arming and fighting, I’d wager most don’t have solid fundamental training and every bit of it results in more enemy KIA and more of your brothers and sisters coming home.

I once gave some hip pocket training to some soldiers while waiting in que to qualify with an M9, and walked them through a brief description of pistol fundamentals and reloading with your head up. It was not a pretty sight when I watched them taking on the pop ups, and reloading was hilariously slow and all had their heads down.

If I had a full day or two instead of 10m, I bet they would have been pretty dangerous with their 9mm’s on the other side!

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Geeze you came out of self imposed exile after all this time just to post that dig? If I remember correctly you had a particular sore spot when it comes to JY from way back. Looks like that sore spot is still an irritation that never went away.

I believe it had something to do with him dissing 1911s as an unreliable non legit carry option at the time and you were volunteering to go and prove him wrong by using a 1911 in one of his training courses that he offered at his expense and he reneged on that offer or something like that.

Like I said it’s been awhile and I’m sure that I’m not quite remembering all of the exact details about your particular beef with JY but I’m pretty sure that was the gist of it. Or then again maybe it’s someone else I’m thinking of but I thought it was you.

If it was you maybe it’s time to let it go. Seems kinda petty to be carrying that particular grudge over a 1911 diss after all this time IMO.

My apologies if I’m wrong.
    I think that was Pincus not Yeager. No apologies necessary.

I'm sure he doesn't care about my opinion of him, why do you? I certainly haven't thought about him much over the years so it seems still fresh in my mind. Obviously it seems pretty fresh in yours too if you remembered details like that from 10+ years ago.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    I don't wish ALS on him. That sucks.

My problem is that, in his current condition, he will need certain resources that could be better used by others. That is just a fact. I don't believe he brings enough to the table to make it worth it.

His motives are his own so I won't comment on supposition.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

Exactly, he had his opportunity a few decades back. When his moment arrived he chose not to engage. Who would want him covering your 3,6 or 9

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I wouldn't wish that disease or any other major one on anyone. Having said that, this guy seems to be someone who has built himself up, like so many other talentless "internet influencers". His background doesn't seem to bespeak great accomplishments.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I thought it was pretty cool a few years back, when Yeager bought a new motorcycle. He said his haters paid for the bike. ;)

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Say what you want about the guy, and yeah, he does have a healthy dose of "I love me" syndrome, but he says what he feels, and he's got the guts to stand by it once he does. I think he knows his time is up and he'd rather go out in a blaze of glory than wither away. Being an internet personality, he can also get himself remembered along the way. Probably a good bet this may have something to do with his decision. I'm glad I don't have as many haters (that I know of) as him, but in all honesty, I can't say I wouldn't want to go out taking a few Russian commies with me if given the choice.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think that was Pincus not Yeager. No apologies necessary.

I'm sure he doesn't care about my opinion of him, why do you? I certainly haven't thought about him much over the years so it seems still fresh in my mind. Obviously it seems pretty fresh in yours too if you remembered details like that from 10+ years ago.
    Yeah it could've been Pincus. I just remembered there was a pretty big upheaval over both of their takes castigating anyone who dared to carry a 1911. They were basically mocking everyone that disagreed with them and for some reason I thought I remembered that you challenged to prove one of them wrong at the time.

I thought it might've been JY. Anway you are correct in that Yeager doesn't profess to caring about what his critics say, especially now so neither should I.

I think he said in his video interview about his critics that he doesn't want to go out hating anyone so he wishes that they would all die before he does. I'll have to admit that I kinda got a chuckle out of that dig.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom