• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I don't normally comment directly about the situation with Mr. Yeager (I'll throw comments in the thread about related crap) but the more I thought about this, his videos, and the video and AAR of the incident in Iraq, I came to realize that the quote in my sig really fit the video. (The bottom one, not the Shakespeare one.)

Having watched the dashcam of the ambush, it seems that he was attempting a tactical retreat. I cannot determine if he was able/attempted to/wanted to re-engage the enemy, but he stopped, turned around, and dropped into a defensive position (from what I could see). The thoughts running through his mind at the time aren't known to me, so I can't speculate.

I have watched several of the training videos posted here. I can say that even though at times I find him abrasive, I can always learn one thing, or be reminded of one thing from anyone. I don't necessarily agree with his videos that issue threats of bodily harm, but I'm not concerned about them either.

I can say that while I probably wouldn't take training courses from him anyway, he's not making a strong case for me to change my mind.

__Doc_

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Henry Co
    Everyone loves Buck Yeager

5CpIC.jpg

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    First, I don't think JY did anything cowardly that day in Iraq. I've probably taken as much or more time to "find the information" as he says and formed my own opinion. From what I can tell, he was one of the more trained members of his team and had pointed out weaknesses and problems to those he worked for.

But, I do find these recent "coward" videos by JY odd and unnecessary.

That lie was debunked several weeks ago.

Well... that seems to be the claim since he's gone to pre-deployment training again.

A member here who works for JY claims to have made a phone call and obtained service member data for an unofficial reason, which is a violation of the law.

How do I know?

Like many others, I am a former IN National Guard member as well as former Army, all of this way before 9/11. I'm currently a defense contractor for the Dept of Navy and hold a current active security clearance and anyone else who's been in recently or still serving has to go through the same training regarding information.

I've seen nothing but an "internet claim" that Jeremy wasn't in Iraq in 05.

How is that any different than his "internet claim" that he was?

I find it sad that INGO leadership seems so vested in now "debunking" one of it's war veterans.

But then again, INGO swag sent to JY followed by an INGO mod being offered free training from JY... followed by INGO and JY videos.

I guess it's all just business in the end.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    The elaborate INGO/James Yeager conspiracy has finally been outed.

:runaway:

Look, I don't like Yeager's videos that don't contain educational content. I think they are a waste of his time and ours. But it's his company and reputation to do with as he sees fit. There are several reasons why I resigned from Tactical Response. None of them had to do with the curriculum that was being taught.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    First, I don't think JY did anything cowardly that day in Iraq. I've probably taken as much or more time to "find the information" as he says and formed my own opinion. From what I can tell, he was one of the more trained members of his team and had pointed out weaknesses and problems to those he worked for.

But, I do find these recent "coward" videos by JY odd and unnecessary.

Well... that seems to be the claim since he's gone to pre-deployment training again.

A member here who works for JY claims to have made a phone call and obtained service member data for an unofficial reason, which is a violation of the law.

How do I know?

Like many others, I am a former IN National Guard member as well as former Army, all of this way before 9/11. I'm currently a defense contractor for the Dept of Navy and hold a current active security clearance and anyone else who's been in recently or still serving has to go through the same training regarding information.

I find it sad that INGO leadership seems so vested in now "debunking" one of it's war veterans.

But then again, INGO swag sent to JY followed by an INGO mod being offered free training from JY... followed by INGO and JY videos.

I guess it's all just business in the end.[/QUOTE]

:yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere

How do I know?

I guess it's all just business in the end.

Huh...

Lot of new information I hadn't heard before...

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Okay, let's say it's business on the part of "INGO leadership" and nothing else. Now what? :dunno: Is that a bad thing? Does that make the "leadership" a bunch of (fill in the blank)? Let's say it's the same for Yeager? Yeah, he may have increased the number of people who say they will not take his course, but would they have taken his course anyway? On the other hand, he's probably gained some perspective students. Who knows?

Do I like his latest video? No, I do not, but it's his choice to make it and the OP's to post it. I've seen many interesting threads die after two posts and these could do the same, but it seems like they continue to generate a great deal of interest.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    I've seen many interesting threads die after two posts and these could do the same, but it seems like they continue to generate a great deal of interest.

Imagine if a Yeager video was posted and no haters came.....

But we all know that will never happen.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Imagine if a Yeager video was posted and no haters came.....

But we all know that will never happen.

Right, because anyone but you is a hater right? For someone who claims not to make assumptions, you sure make them often. Hows the view from your high horse?

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Okay, let's say it's business on the part of "INGO leadership" and nothing else. Now what? :dunno: Is that a bad thing? Does that make the "leadership" a bunch of (fill in the blank)? Let's say it's the same for Yeager? Yeah, he may have increased the number of people who say they will not take his course, but would they have taken his course anyway? On the other hand, he's probably gained some perspective students. Who knows?

Do I like his latest video? No, I do not, but it's his choice to make it and the OP's to post it. I've seen many interesting threads die after two posts and these could do the same, but it seems like they continue to generate a great deal of interest.
    That's exactly it. If only the "haters" would let these videos just go by and die so that they are neither helping or hurting his business.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Damn you haters. You comment on a video, and you are a hater now. Hypocrisy, it's strong in this thread.
    True.

I'm not against people discussing relevant topics or criticizing those who wish to stake claim to "professional" or "expert" titles and thus representing us as a community in a sense. It's just that the conversation always gets spun around into worlds of off topic, butthurt back and forths which get annoying.

I do find it funny however that the mantra here in general is that "you know NOTHING if you don't expect to be paid for your knowledge." ....or at least make videos...

:):

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    The elaborate INGO/James Yeager conspiracy has finally been outed.

not at all, I'd love to see an INGO - Tactical Response relationship

But I personally don't think INGO #1 and #2 should be calling an INGO member a liar when they don't have any facts one way or another... all just internet hearsay.

Look, I don't like Yeager's videos that don't contain educational content. I think they are a waste of his time and ours.

While he doesn't so much do videos like Gomez did, where one actually learns some good lessons, I find a lot of his videos good because they make people ask questions. Am I ready for this? What are some guns I should start with? What kind of training is out there and so forth.

He even his "your responsibility to be ready for the fight never ends" keeps me motivated to go work out when I don't want to get out bed.

There are several reasons why I resigned from Tactical Response. None of them had to do with the curriculum that was being taught.

I still plan on training at TR next year, actually hoping to go down with Que and Evan if I can swing it.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    because they make people ask questions. Am I ready for this? What are some guns I should start with? What kind of training is out there and so forth.
    THIS, I think he excells at...

His style is crude, which I don't personally have an issue with in that sense because fights/combat are not "nice and pretty" like in Hollywood. If you're so sensitive that words have an emotional effect on you I personally would have to question your ability to handle an extremely violent confrontation. On the other hand, I don't think he represents the gun community well as a "professional" when putting himself in that light for everyone out there to vew.

It's really a "give/take" thing IMO. Some good, some bad...just make sure your BS filter is clean before clicking "play"

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Okay, let's say it's business on the part of "INGO leadership" and nothing else.

My only complaint is calling another INGOer member a liar with no facts.

I have no reason to believe Jeremy is lying, because really, how hard would it be for any Army vet here to figure out what unit he's serving with an call his 1SG?

If I know anything about Tactical Response, it's that every single trainer (Shay, Gomez, WETSU) that posts here are stand up guys and VERY good trainers.

What I have noticed, as an old Army POG who tries to get some training in here and there is that there is a rift between several war veterans and trainers here on INGO.

I would have thought management (based on flame wars past) would have stayed out of the argument and moderated the debate instead of participating in it.

Last edited:

Rip007

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    If you don't like the guy quit watching the videos. I'm not going to read about or watch videos about someone I hate and come on here and whine and cry about how big a jerk he is. Grow up!!!!

Top Bottom