Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    First few? Thats a LIE!! Ive only ran one IDPA match. And Erika and i both took our SLOW sweet time because it was our first one. So I hope to GOD you beat me if you have been shooting IDPA that long and on top of that with a RACE gun.. I ran a stock glock and ran each stage slow to get the feel for IDPA. I believe even going slow I still placed #1 in the stock guns. Also i was talking about Terre Haute area.

I was saying my first or first three. No lie involved. I only lie when it is really important.
    I did not use a race gun. They are illegal in IDPA.

Sorry to offend you. But we had similar IDPA experience. I might have had one more match in at that point than you did. Glock up against 1911.

Perhaps someday when we both have more time and more experience with IDPA we can go head to head and see what happens.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    We haven't been able to do anything other than the one IDPA match. I'd love to try IPSC or USPSA. We had a lot of fun. But with 2 classes each week. We spend most of our time teaching and traveling to take classes. As for a race gun, i only mean i showed up with a stock Glock with a stock trigger. A carry type setup. Not a match gun.

USPSA at the Riley Conservation Club. Third Sunday each month March through November. www.wvpps.com

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    September we will have Ben Stoeger at our range teaching 2 days of class. If anyone is interested he is taking 10 students. Should be a lot of fun for you guys who like competitive shooting. We will post dates on INGO soon.

He is a great shooter. I am sure he has much too offer.

Cory07ink

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Indiana
    You shoot USPSA or IPSC? When I said first IDPA match i mean first out of everything. Race Gun wasn't the right wording i get it. My bad, i simply mean I used a carry type gun, with stock trigger. And also respectfully I would never go out and say yeah I beat so and so. When I know nothing about them, if they have done this before or even if they were going 100% or just trying something new and taking their time to feel it out.

I was saying my first or first three. No lie involved. I only lie when it is really important.
    I did not use a race gun. They are illegal in IDPA.

Sorry to offend you. But we had similar IDPA experience. I might have had one more match in at that point than you did. Glock up against 1911.

Perhaps someday when we both have more time and more experience with IDPA we can go head to head and see what happens.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    I finally watched the first video. More pap. I do, however vehemently disagree that being a good student makes you a good instructor. False logic, if it is logic at all. Not to demean in any way what cory and erika have going on, but to put a statement like that out there is more fuel for the fire that is " if it is said on the internet it has to be true."

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I do, however vehemently disagree that being a good student makes you a good instructor.

As do I. I am a *great* student, but I couldn't instruct my way out of a paper bag. I am not a good public speaker, get frustrated fairly easily when folks don't "get" what I'm trying to show or tell them, and basically can't stand people in general. :D

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    As do I. I am a *great* student, but I couldn't instruct my way out of a paper bag. I am not a good public speaker, get frustrated fairly easily when folks don't "get" what I'm trying to show or tell them, and basically can't stand people in general. :D

I'm right there with you. I am an ok shooter and have some knowledge. I suck at instruction, just ask my wife and kids. I send them to a couple of guys that have posted here. They are great at tailoring the content to the skill level.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton

theblackknight

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    FYI, a trigger really dosent mean that much in SSP/Production. Top shooters who shoot Glocks keep their triggers well above 5# because IPSC ie the world shoot has a 5# trigger floor. Light triggers also dont exactly reset like some prefer, so they keep stock return spring in the guns.

You shoot USPSA or IPSC? When I said first IDPA match i mean first out of everything. Race Gun wasn't the right wording i get it. My bad, i simply mean I used a carry type gun, with stock trigger. And also respectfully I would never go out and say yeah I beat so and so. When I know nothing about them, if they have done this before or even if they were going 100% or just trying something new and taking their time to feel it out.

Chesh97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2011
    NE Indiana
    The only think I will add, is I think it is poor taste for one trainer or training company to trash talk another. If you think you produce a quality program, let that stand on it's own merits. No need to try to degrade the "competition". It comes off as unprofessional.

Remember, we are like the same things, and want the same results.

:)

theblackknight

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    I disagree. In the world of science, "trash talking" is called peer review, and the firearms training industry is in desperate need of it. In our 10+ years of war, it's seems as tho every "gun guy" with a fresh DD-214 is throwing down the money to register a LLC "back home" with some operator speak sounding name, rehashing a bunch of stuff he seen other guys do on youtube or buying into someone else's pyramid bid'ness of certifying instructors, and taking people's money.

Please, cry "free country",I can see it coming.

The only think I will add, is I think it is poor taste for one trainer or training company to trash talk another. If you think you produce a quality program, let that stand on it's own merits. No need to try to degrade the "competition". It comes off as unprofessional.

Remember, we are like the same things, and want the same results.

:)

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I disagree. In the world of science, "trash talking" is called peer review, and the firearms training industry is in desperate need of it. In our 10+ years of war, it's seems as tho every "gun guy" with a fresh DD-214 is throwing down the money to register a LLC "back home" with some operator speak sounding name, rehashing a bunch of stuff he seen other guys do on youtube or buying into someone else's pyramid bid'ness of certifying instructors, and taking people's money.

Please, cry "free country",I can see it coming.
    Like it or not, that is an accurate assessment. Whether this is good or bad is up to interpretation.

Top Bottom