• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    OK, this is funny. So we're at the gun show (wife, myself, folks) and we're walking the aisles. Wife's picking up various handguns giving her opinion on how it fits her hand. We're standing at Midwest Gun Exchange and she picks up a little semi-auto and says "This feels perfect". She sets it down, I rech over and pick it up and I'm instantly brought back 12 years. It's a Star .40. With a hogue slip on, and the +1 extended pinky magazine, and a polished feed ramp. I added both and had a friend polish the feed ramp. It was my old Star. :lol:

Just funny to me.

What funnythings happened for you at the 1500.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    So there was a guy there selling some cleaning gel for glasses. he walked up to me and asked if I'd like my glasses cleaned. i said sure and handed him my glasses as i walked up to her table. He says to me "Have you seen my product before" I replied with "To be honest I can't see it now" :) He did not find my joke funny at all. I thought it was funny as hell.

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    What's with the "chemist" guy there, who had all those beakers, test tubes, crack pipes and "smoking accesories" on his table? I thought I had walked into a meth lab when I got to his booth.. LoL! :laugh:

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    My favorite was the "armor piercing, 50 cal" shotgun shells for $6.00 each. It lookd to me like someone just stuck a 50 cal bullet in a shotgun shell period. The projectile wasn't centered in the casing and the plastic was all deformed and out of round. I asked the guy if they would feed and he said oh yeah, those things are "bad ass" they'll feed in anything.

mshogren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Nov 20, 2010
    Arcadia
    Saw a Colt Defender on one of the tables that looked just like the one I traded to a guy on Armslist less than a month ago...picked it up and checked, yep same gun...

Mark

68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    There was a table setup and the guys were sell pistols without paperwork. Was that just a couple guys sell off stuff they own or do you have to be an ffl to sell guns at a table at the 1500.

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    What's with the "chemist" guy there, who had all those beakers, test tubes, crack pipes and "smoking accesories" on his table? I thought I had walked into a meth lab when I got to his booth.. LoL! :laugh:

Meth lab? Naw, more like a field hospital. He's one of my favorites, though. I picked up some glassware, forceps and such. I missed the crack pipes, though, but there's always summer.

He sells all the stuff that the old Edmund Scientific Company used to do in the '60's.

Dirc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Noblesville
    There was a table setup and the guys were sell pistols without paperwork. Was that just a couple guys sell off stuff they own or do you have to be an ffl to sell guns at a table at the 1500.

I've bought guns from a "private collection" at the 1500 before. The "receipt" was just a bill of sale printed from the internet and filled out by hand.

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    I wasn't able to make it to the 1500 this year but my brother in law did and he told me a rather intriguing story that I've tried to research but have yet to find out what it means.

He went to the show with an IPD officer. As they were walking around, they encountered a table that had a few spoons that looked "coroded" (his word) as if someone had placed a drop of acid in the center of the spoon which had burned a hole through it. After looking for a few moments and not being able to determine it's purpose, he showed the officer he was with. He said they thought about it for a few before the officer asked the person working the booth what they were used for. He said "the guy working looked at us and said they were for really spicy chili and then walked to the opposite end of the booth refusing to talk with them any further."

As I said, my brother-in-law and I have tried to scour the interwebs looking for a reason why this guy was so "wierd" but have yet to find a reason. Anyone with any input, it would appreciated!

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    I wasn't able to make it to the 1500 this year but my brother in law did and he told me a rather intriguing story that I've tried to research but have yet to find out what it means.

He went to the show with an IPD officer. As they were walking around, they encountered a table that had a few spoons that looked "coroded" (his word) as if someone had placed a drop of acid in the center of the spoon which had burned a hole through it. After looking for a few moments and not being able to determine it's purpose, he showed the officer he was with. He said they thought about it for a few before the officer asked the person working the booth what they were used for. He said "the guy working looked at us and said they were for really spicy chili and then walked to the opposite end of the booth refusing to talk with them any further."

As I said, my brother-in-law and I have tried to scour the interwebs looking for a reason why this guy was so "wierd" but have yet to find a reason. Anyone with any input, it would appreciated!
    Google says heroin and oxycontin can both be burnt off a spoon, but neither tends to burn the spoon itself besides some char marks on the bottom.
    Freebasing off any pills can also be a spoon, but again, no google results of burning.
    Also don't know why you'd buy a second hand spoon for any of the above, unless maybe its the one Kurt Cobain was using when he OD'd. :)

I have no funny stories, other than a guy literally laugh at my trade offer before very politely telling me "its a good offer, but no thanks". Why....ha.

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    Google says heroin and oxycontin can both be burnt off a spoon, but neither tends to burn the spoon itself besides some char marks on the bottom.
    Freebasing off any pills can also be a spoon, but again, no google results of burning.
    Also don't know why you'd buy a second hand spoon for any of the above, unless maybe its the one Kurt Cobain was using when he OD'd. :)

Looks like the same results we came across. None of these would burn a hole completely through the spoon. Rather odd if I do say so myself. Our thoughts were that it was some sort of code. If you knew the purpose of these spoons, you would know the right question to ask in order to recieve the correct product or service. Again, this is only an assumption.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon

this all works the same as our classified ads here...its all a private sale

if ingo wanted to let us put our guns on the table they have for us to sale as it does with its site

my boss sales knives at the gun shows and i have sold thru him before

an ffl must do the 4473
    a private owner only requires a transfer of funds/firearms no paperwork at all

:ingo:

I Love Bourbon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 5, 2008

Was it a silver spoon? Ya know, one that actually had silver in it and not just plated? Was it drilled then acid tested to determine the base metal?
    That would be my guess.

JStarr

Shooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Portland

QUOTE]
    Thread Jack:
    Kurt Cobain died from swallowing a shotgun, not an overdose. If they had the shotgun that killed him with a certificate of authenticity I would be all over it!
    Back to your regularly scheduled thread...

kharb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Granger

Funnel spoons?
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/TableCraft-Piece-Large-Funnel-Spoon/dp/B00467DHQC/]Amazon.com: TableCraft 4 Piece Large Funnel Spoon Set: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

OR

Olive spoons?
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/WMF-Manaos-Bistro-Olive-Spoon/dp/B001ECQQWY]Amazon.com: WMF Manaos / Bistro Olive Spoon: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood

I'm wondering if the guy really "refused to talk" to them or he was just too busy to **** chat, as this was one of the most crowded shows I've ever seen!

Top Bottom