• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    So what your saying is that if a tornado came through at night while you were sleeping and unaware of it's approach, and it killed your wife and children if you have any, destroyed your home an left you a quadriplegic that it was just karma paying you back?

no, that would just be some bad luck.

Ive never beheaded prisoners of war, or burned jews alive, or gassed civilians, or performed experiments on live people, etc. when it happens to people who have done things like that, then its karma.

when it happens to stupid people who ignore warnings, then its just natural selection.

I have a weather radio and a basement. with todays early warning systems, deaths related to tornados is low. now if I just ignored tha warnings and then the tornado hit, then I would deserve what I got.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Watching CNN online now, one of the beaches in Hawaii reported a 3.2 foot surge, they're still predicting a possible 2 meters in some areas, but it seems nowhere has seen that high yet.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Yes it did when people started thinking it was funny when INNOCENT human beings are suffering and dying.
    :)::)::)::)::)::): :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

yeah, I think its funny you think the japanese are so innocent. generations should pay for what they have done. you do know that they teach their school children that WE (the U.S.) attacked them first dont you? they have never accepted responsibility for what they did. Japan should be called the U.S. labor colony of Japan, as far as im concerned. same with germany. there were no innocent germans except the ones who fled germany when hitler started killing innocent people.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Hard to figure preparation for so many problems at once, about the only thing you could do is be very mobile. Can't imagine people will be going home soon, or what will be left.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Just read that Alaska got up to a 5' surge. No damage reports yet.

My step-brother lucked out. He was stationed in Japan until recently, and is now in Hawaii. I'm sure he and his family are fine.

Sad side note: if you want to understand why some folks hate Americans so much, scan through this thread. Hatred and antipathy run deep on both sides, it seems.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    Seeing the reefs out a hundred or 2 feet out at Diamond Head is pretty awesome, then a minute later the beach is over run. Pretty cool stuff.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Having lived there for a couple of years... this will not be pretty. My prayers for the friends that I have over there, and for the entire nation.

For those who wish evil upon Japan, and point out that they have done bad things: Yes this is true. As a nation, they have. So has Germany, Russia and a whole host of nations including ourselves. "International Relations" is the business of one country screwing another. Them's the facts of life.

That said, NO nation deserves gloating over a tragedy like this. A tragedy is exactly that - a tragedy. Good people have and will yet lose their lives to this, and that is nothing to take joy in.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Having lived there for a couple of years... this will not be pretty. My prayers for the friends that I have over there, and for the entire nation.

For those who wish evil upon Japan, and point out that they have done bad things: Yes this is true. As a nation, they have. So has Germany, Russia and a whole host of nations including ourselves. "International Relations" is the business of one country screwing another. Them's the facts of life.

That said, NO nation deserves gloating over a tragedy like this. A tragedy is exactly that - a tragedy. Good people have and will yet lose their lives to this, and that is nothing to take joy in.

:+1::yesway: Very well said.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Looks like the pacific rim is experiencing some stronger than usual activity.

New Zealands south island was hit a couple of weeks ago as well with a 6+ that killed a bunch of people as well.
    Not as bad as Japan but still.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Looks like the pacific rim is experiencing some stronger than usual activity.

New Zealands south island was hit a couple of weeks ago as well with a 6+ that killed a bunch of people as well.
    Not as bad as Japan but still.

50 years from now, we will probly read how it was the U.S. doing underwater nuclear testing or something. seems like a lot of "natural" disasters are occurring in mass lately. I dont see anything natural about it. but maybe my tinfoil is just too tight :):

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    AWWW

A giant whirlpool formed off the coast. Pretty amazing footage. Not a cartoon whirlpool, but easily recognisable as what it is.

Video: Japanese tsunami creates whirlpool - Telegraph

Thats nothing compared to the one in "Pirates of The Carribean".:rolleyes:

I was lookin' for something spectacular..

For those buying into that Karme BS, thats a cheap psychological trick to justify not taking the time to excercise your compassion in cases like this. The people who did the horrible things described during wartime are mostly DEAD. Do you believe that every white person in America ought to pay for the atrocities committed in times of slavery? Then get busy and pony up. I didn't do it, I ain't paying for it. The Japanese who are alive today don't have a responsibility to pay for what their ancestors did andy more than you need to pay reparations to a black man for things your ancestors did to his. This is NOW, not then.

An 8.9 earthquake is a shaking of biblical proportions. Its a possibility here over the New Madrid fault. God forbid it should happen when I have to see it. Believe in Karma? Keep saying bad stuff about the innocents being tormented and killed in Japan. May it come back to visit you. Soon.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Thats nothing compared to the one in "Pirates of The Carribean".:rolleyes:

I was lookin' for something spectacular..

For those buying into that Karme BS, thats a cheap psychological trick to justify not taking the time to excercise your compassion in cases like this. The people who did the horrible things described during wartime are mostly DEAD. Do you believe that every white person in America ought to pay for the atrocities committed in times of slavery? Then get busy and pony up. I didn't do it, I ain't paying for it. The Japanese who are alive today don't have a responsibility to pay for what their ancestors did andy more than you need to pay reparations to a black man for things your ancestors did to his. This is NOW, not then.

An 8.9 earthquake is a shaking of biblical proportions. Its a possibility here over the New Madrid fault. God forbid it should happen when I have to see it. Believe in Karma? Keep saying bad stuff about the innocents being tormented and killed in Japan. May it come back to visit you. Soon.

uh, no considering it was an acceptable practice of the time. not to mention it wasnt "white" people who sold their own kind to slave traders. just like no slave ship coming from africa ever had a confederate flag flying on it, but the U.S. government propaganda machine would love you to believe it did. if your gonna try to be intelligent then go read your history so you can contribute something besides an opinion and call it fact.

plus im not exercising any cheap psychological trick to suppress my emotions. I simply have no remorse for this situation. thats my true opinion and im entitled to it just as much as bleeding hearts are entitled to theirs. but I do have a say in how MY tax money is spent, especially since our country is broke, and you can bet this is gonna cost us billions because of bleeding hearts. that pisses me off.

Top Bottom