• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    I cc'd the other day while helping my son pick out a new suit for the Kennedy Center later this month. I found the staff to be helpful and knowledgeable. Prices are a bit high though

Apriliaguy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2013
    Pendleton
    I oc in castleton mall. I didn't see any signs. No one stopped me. I was with my four yr old daughter at the time too. In fact i haven't been asked to leave anywhere. What are you guys carrying around to draw so much attention on you. I picked up my wife from surgery the same day. Oc right into the recovery room at community north. No signs on there door. But went to the main building to pick up meds. They have a sign there. Weird. The buildings are connected

nashfred01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2012
    Bloomington
    I simply treat everywhere the same way. If there is a sign that says "no firearms", keep it concealed and if they somehow find out that you have one, leave if they ask you to. Leaving at their request is no big deal. IMHO, you have to pick your battles.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    For the record. JetGirl is correct. I actually spoke to the officer involved on Saturday, and he had just finished a part-time job in uniform on the day of the incident, and was due to report for duty a short time later. Since he had a small time window prior to the beginning of his regular duty shift, he met with his wife at the location in question to have his kids' Christmas pictures taken (an annual tradition in his family), and the incident unfolded pretty much as previously described. The officer involved left with his family and mentioned it to a couple of coworkers on duty later that day, and the story sprouted wings. It's the merchant's right to adopt such a policy, but it is our right not to reward it with our business. I think it's pretty safe to say you wont find a LEO shopping there anytime in the foreseeable future.

Good for you, Sarge.

Just curious, has anyone told JCP of this effect of their policy enforcement? Also curious, what does JCP plan to do when they call you guys to their store for any of several LE purposes, such as, for instance, a robbery? Do you suppose they make an exception for an officer who is on duty? Is an officer ever truly off duty?

Lastly... Is any citizen ever off duty when it comes to protecting him/herself from those who would do harm?

As has been used here as a sig....

Self-defense is not a task well-delegated!

Blessings,
    Bill

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    As far as I know both Malls in Fort Wayne, (Glenbrook and Jefferson Pointe) have a no weapons policy.

Kinda sorta.
    At Glenbrook (even with their many entrances) there's only one sign. It's at the main entrance that faces Glenbrook Dodge.
    And it's worded in a double negative. It lists "things that are not permitted" ... as "no firearms or illegal weapons"... so I guess that means you have to bring them.

Glenbrook002.jpg

zombieglock

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Kinda sorta.
    At Glenbrook (even with their many entrances) there's only one sign. It's at the main entrance that faces Glenbrook Dodge.
    And it's worded in a double negative. It lists "things that are not permitted" ... as "no firearms or illegal weapons"... so I guess that means you have to bring them.

Glenbrook002.jpg

If im not mistaken there are more than one sign. I know at least as of a few months ago, the apple glen entrance has one between the double doors which reads the same. (I think)

If my girlfriend wants to go there, I always CC. If I can, I refuse to give the mall my business. I've sent the mall numerous letters asking why they have this policy. I've not gotten one response back.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    If im not mistaken there are more than one sign. I know at least as of a few months ago, the apple glen entrance has one between the double doors which reads the same. (I think)
    I've only ever seen it at the main entrance facing Coliseum Blvd...but it's been awhile since this pic, too.

Top Bottom