• ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    You're completely correct.

Just found out my coworkers wife works for the management, that may be my ticket to getting a response from the mall on this issue.

Way to go... now we'll see signs on every door.
    Oh well... at least they'll be double negatives telling us to don't not carry.

Sarge470

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Just so everyone is clear on the issue, it was not JC Penney who had the problem with the officer, it was Lifetouch, the portrait studio operating inside Penney's. I'm pretty certain that numerous officers have contacted Penney's regarding the matter thus far, but the reviews from those inquiries has been mixed, depending on the individual officers' perceptions.

aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    I abandoned JC Penny long ago. Bad vibes all around.

Bought my last suit at Men's Wearhouse on Coldwater in the Fort. They were quite happy to tailor it to fit my EDC.

Good to hear. I plan to buy a couple sport coats from one in Merriillville. I was thinking of calling ahead about fitting to my EDC so as not to suprise them.

mtbrgeek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2014
    For Twain
    1. i didnt read this entire thread.
    2. if the JCP is on the property of a mall ( ours is on a Simon Properties lot) the rule is the rule of the property owner ( simon) which prohibits possession of firearms on property.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Many times on Simon Property...

1. i didnt read this entire thread.
    2. if the JCP is on the property of a mall ( ours is on a Simon Properties lot) the rule is the rule of the property owner ( simon) which prohibits possession of firearms on property.

I have ALWAYS carried on Simon properties..NEVER a word said--They could NOT see it..Makes sense??..Bill.

mtbrgeek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2014
    For Twain
    I have ALWAYS carried on Simon properties..NEVER a word said--They could NOT see it..Makes sense??..Bill.
    I believe the rules comment on any weapon, and for awhile they talked about wearing hats and hoodies too. The rule is there, they may or may not enforce it. Its been a long time since i worked security there. Point being that JCP is contained inside of the property of Simons mall.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I believe the rules comment on any weapon, and for awhile they talked about wearing hats and hoodies too. The rule is there, they may or may not enforce it. Its been a long time since i worked security there. Point being that JCP is contained inside of the property of Simons mall.

I don't give a :poop: what Simon's policy on weapons is. Concealed is concealed.

Why even dig up this old thread?

mtbrgeek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2014
    For Twain
    Crap! i didnt notice the date! my bad. And you should give a :poop: as im sure you have rules for your property that you want guests to follow. Now, if you choose not to spend your money on simon properties due to their policies thats your right. I dont shop there for this and other reasons.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    And you should give a :poop: as im sure you have rules for your property that you want guests to follow.

head-on-desk-o.gif

Top Bottom