• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Didn't know which way this might go so I'll let you people decide. Had a guy contact me on a locked thread to buy a gun from 160 miles away. Offered a price that I declined. Next day, he offers full price and when9 can we meet. Texted him about 2:30 today and no answer yet. He says he's from East Chicago but he's deployed on Ohio and phone number is from Washington DC. Just seems strange to drive 160 miles to buy a common gun. So I'm not quite sure about this one.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Didn't know which way this might go so I'll let you people decide. Had a guy contact me on a locked thread to buy a gun from 160 miles away. Offered a price that I declined. Next day, he offers full price and when9 can we meet. Texted him about 2:30 today and no answer yet. He says he's from East Chicago but he's deployed on Ohio and phone number is from Washington DC. Just seems strange to drive 160 miles to buy a common gun. So I'm not quite sure about this one.
    Feel uncomfortable, ask to see his DL, his Orders and his Mil ID.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Too many red flags for me. Wave him off.

(Speaking on my behalf not in an official capacity)

ed1838

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 20, 2022
    Seymour
    Yep hard pass sounds fishy

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Too many red flags for me. Wave him off.

(Speaking on my behalf not in an official capacity)
    My sons that did and still do serve both have a DL from MD, cars registered in Indiana, Phones from SC and Cali, three different mailing addresses in different States. Home port is either Camp Lejeune or 29 Palms, if on deployment, add each another address.

Its quite normal in the Armed Services.

Like I posted above, ask before setting up a meet that you need to see his DL, orders and Mil ID.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    My sons that did and still do serve both have a DL from MD, cars registered in Indiana, Phones from SC and Cali, three different mailing addresses in different States. Home port is either Camp Lejeune or 29 Palms, if on deployment, add each another address.

Its quite normal in the Armed Services.

Like I posted above, ask before setting up a meet that you need to see his DL, orders and Mil ID.
    Still doesn't explain the willingness for long drive on a common gun, etc and other things. Not worth my time to figure out that tangled web, and too much downside.

Would be a hard no for me.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Still doesn't explain the willingness for long drive on a common gun, etc and other things. Not worth my time to figure out that tangled web, and too much downside.

Would be a hard no for me.
    Who knows why, It "Shirley" could be on the up and up and it could be bad. Maybe he just wants a private sale pistol?
    I do get it, If ones uncomfortable, walk away.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    images.jpg

Not an Indiana resident? No, just no.

tracy-morgan-smh.gif

DC phone number huh?

Last edited:

Jermaine0311

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2022
    East Chicago
    So because I used my google number didn't want my reg number floating around the internet and am willing to drive somewhere that this guy still has me on the hook for now im the feds you guys need to get off the internet... thanks to the guys who sent me a heads up. lol

Last edited:
    Top Bottom