• ...and so much more!
  • Doty

At peace
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Central Indiana
    whew, that bad? I bought it at a gun show so there's no taking it back. I'm ok with it jamming i just don't want to lose my thumbs

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    from my experience (industrial engineering/maintenance, friends who work in automotive fields, and I currently work in the "aviation industry")....let's just say I don't put much faith in the mechanical abilities/knowledge of anyone between Antarctica and Texas....lol

that being said...I'm not familiar with this particular model of firearm.....but just food for thought depending on where their parent manufacturer is located

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    this is also the reason I will not buy a Taurus PT92 model series of firearm....those firearms are manufactured within that range of the globe I previously mentioned...and therefore would not spend my money on it

on the other hand....German engineers are simply AWESOME...I would not hesitate to buy anything mechanical from them..lol

scott delaney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    before you shoot it make sure you have a first aid kit with you!.....since you have allredy bought it, put it away till SHTF then you can use it as a trade for food!

PINski1015

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Cyberspace
    from my experience (industrial engineering/maintenance, friends who work in automotive fields, and I currently work in the "aviation industry")....let's just say I don't put much faith in the mechanical abilities/knowledge of anyone between Antarctica and Texas....lol

that being said...I'm not familiar with this particular model of firearm.....but just food for thought depending on where their parent manufacturer is located

FWIW Some Springfield 1911's are made in Brazil.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    The Brazilians are, well, they have their deficiencies, but they're not like the rest of them. I have one Taurus, and it's been fine. I hear most of the Bersas are good, too. For what it's worth.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I don't put much faith in the mechanical abilities/knowledge of anyone between Antarctica and Texas....lol

Jiminez Arms' plant is located in Nevada, USA.

The root of their problem is that they bought the manufacturing rights to all the old Bryco designs. :noway: :puke:

We do not carry Jiminez firearms for that reason.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    but to what level of their "manufacturing" does that plant do....an example being century arms...firearms being built in another country, then imported and stamped with the other markings claiming it is made in America....my point being that for a company to claim their product is "made in America" they ONLY have to do ONE thing to it on US soil to comply with laws.....this is a common misconception in the manufacturing industry

if the design is from such a country or any of the critical machine work...I would steer clear...regardless of who puts their name on it

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    i've seen "professional technicians" from such countries try to make repairs with TAPE!!!! on multi-MILLION dollar robotics........hence why I steer clear of southern countries' mechanical "abilities"

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    FWIW Some Springfield 1911's are made in Brazil.

a 1911 is a 1911.....it's design was american and as basic as it is....it's virtually "impossible" to F**k up it's design...unless they try to change something...but then they have to change its designation....such as 1911-***...or something similar

Everyone is entitled to their choice of weapons....but from my professional experience in manufacturing and engineering....I won't buy from such countries...unless I know it's not their design and/or only minimal, very basic components are made in those countries and the rest is elsewhere......just my preference.....their "rigged" or "half-assed" designs and repairs are not worth putting my safety into question.....but on the job, it's not my wallet and so I don't get to decide

German engineers...if anything "bad" could be said about them (which you won't hear from me)...it's that they "over-build" things....make them stronger/more durable than they really NEED to be......just look at their WW2 tanks compared to others for example

Doty

At peace
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I think my next gun will be a Sig. I would hate to have something that jammed when i really needed it. I bought the gun cause it was $150 at the gun show. I should have known it had some issues. Live and Learn I suppose

vork08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    NWI
    I noticed quite a few of them at a gunshow this past weekend, first time I had heard of them, and all of them cheap cheap. Hope to hear how it shoots to see if it would work for a starter for my boys.

Top Bottom