• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To the OP: unfortunatly Jimenez does not have a very good reputation. Some have better luck with them than others. I personally do not have any experience firing one of them, but have seen several. Hey, live and learn. You can take it to the range and try it out. It may work or it may jam pretty often. I am not much of a gun snob as far as criticizing guns for cost alone, but I personally would not purchase a Jimenez firearm. It can come in handy for malfunction drills at the range though. You mentioned wanting a Sig, that will serve you well. Good luck with the Jimenez and hope you can get your Sig soon. :ingo:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    "Bryco designs....where does this originate?

Why is it so hard for you to believe that US gunmakers can produce total junk just as easily as Latin American ones?

Based on my experiences over 13 years in the gun biz, I'd sooner bet my life on a Taurus, Rossi or Bersa over a Bryco, Jennings, Lorcin, Davis, Raven or Cobra.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    FWIW, I bought a new JA-22 for $100. Works fine with CCI mini-mags.

I don't worry about it Ka-Booming in my hand... but I don't carry it either.

I wouldn't hesitate to carry my Argentinian Bersa.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Why is it so hard for you to believe that US gunmakers can produce total junk just as easily as Latin American ones?

Based on my experiences over 13 years in the gun biz, I'd sooner bet my life on a Taurus, Rossi or Bersa over a Bryco, Jennings, Lorcin, Davis, Raven or Cobra.

You imply/assume 2 things: 1. that I assume all American manufacturers are NOT junk, which I never stated 2. that I don't have relevant/adequate experience in the firearms industry as well, which I assure you is not the case either

My entire point was AS I STATED.....that GENERALLY engineers/technicians in Latin American countries knowledge,training, and skill levels are more often then not (in my experience unanymously) SUB-PAR....that's NOT to say that there are NOT crappy American ones as well, or American companies who don't try to cut corners to better their bottom line...of course this happens.....but given my experience working with engineers from all over the globe...I personally would NOT buy anything from those regions in regards to quality

There are American junk makers as well....nobody EVER stated there wasn't...but at least their engineers behind the designs have more often then not have more adequate education in their fields and/or SOMETIMES experience.....meaning that EITHER way...you're gambling on a cheap firearm...and considering this, I would rather put my money on a crappy American design then a southern country.....Just the same, while German engineers are excellent....Chinese are decent with electronics...but tend to "under-design/build" mechanical devices

On the same note....if it's an American "controlled" company...I would feel much better about it as well.....due to the American's making the decision for the company and they would have a better understanding of what people in this region seek and will spend their money on...so you're a little less likely to get AS CRAPPY of a build

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    that being said....since you say Jiminez is an "American" company...you're probably safe to fire it...so I wouldn't worry so much....if the majority of their weapons WERE NOT safe....they wouldn't be allowed to sell them

whether or not you decide to actually use it for a everday carry pistol...is another decision you'll have to make

Doty

At peace
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Not to mention that field stripping the gun seems like striping a car. I tried to look it up but from what i saw, i might be better off not trying to.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I'm not into buying anything remotely mechanical that involves a name ending with "ez"....lol

Don't be a Hata. My Benzez is pretty sweet and the junk in my trunk is Jimenez. Surprisingly I sell most of it to Asian gang memebers.

Que the music:
    232323232%7Ffp73437%3Enu%3D4548%3E98%3B%3E255%3EWSNRCG%3D33%3A6%3C83865346nu0mrj

To the OP, better to ask before you buy. Sounds like you did an uninformed impulse buy of a product known worldwide to be junk. All you had to do was ask first.

When in doubt, toss it out.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Jiminez Arms' plant is located in Nevada, USA.

The root of their problem is that they bought the manufacturing rights to all the old Bryco designs. :noway: :puke:

We do not carry Jiminez firearms for that reason.
    And never do business with a shop that does. If you see them in the case just walk away. That person has compromised their ethics with a rationalization that it is OK to profit from the uneducated by selling them crap.

For me, Hipoints are on the bubble but I can tolerate seeing one or two of their carbines on the wall :popcorn:

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    that being said....since you say Jiminez is an "American" company...you're probably safe to fire it...so I wouldn't worry so much....if the majority of their weapons WERE NOT safe....they wouldn't be allowed to sell theme

your logic is...uh...:laugh:

You realize they moved out of California to Nevada because Nevada doesn't require firearm manufactures to pass safety tests?

It's not like the gun is going to blow up or anything, but it does ship with known flaws.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    For me, Hipoints are on the bubble but I can tolerate seeing one or two of their carbines on the wall :popcorn:

I tell ya, for all the crap people talk about Hi-Point, we have had very little trouble with their pistols, and basically a zero return rate on their carbines. In that regard, the Bryco/Lorcin/Jennings/Jiminez/Davis/Cobra pistols (and for that matter, Sccy and Phoenix Arms) aren't even in the same universe.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    your logic is...uh...:laugh:

You realize they moved out of California to Nevada because Nevada doesn't require firearm manufactures to pass safety tests?

It's not like the gun is going to blow up or anything, but it does ship with known flaws.

my logic comes from engineerin/manufacturing industry....no company will sell a product which is much more likely to harm people (and their business attorney's will not let them either) as well as federal law...this would simply lead to major suits and no more company....."flaws" does not necessarily mean safety concern...and California is KNOWN for their stringent, ridiculous left wing driven regulations on just about EVERYTHING....ESPECIALLY anything to do with the 2nd amendment or businesses....that's why so many companies are coming to IN from CA

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I tell ya, for all the crap people talk about Hi-Point, we have had very little trouble with their pistols, and basically a zero return rate on their carbines. In that regard, the Bryco/Lorcin/Jennings/Jiminez/Davis/Cobra pistols (and for that matter, Sccy and Phoenix Arms) aren't even in the same universe.
    That is what the guy told Doty too

It is an age thing Mark. You are too young to have been exposed to Hipoint's "legacy" on teh range If they go ten more years at the same level of customer satisfaction they seem to have now and I will be over it. I will never buy it, but I will be over it. It only takes seconds to lose a customer and I never even owned one.

Secondly, anyone who ever worked in manufacturing with pot metal most likely does not want to own a gun made out of it. Something else I will never get over.

I said Hipoint was on the bubble. I HAD to say that becasue I often see a carbine on your shop wall. You jam me up by doing that!

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    How often do you sell those carbines?
    DOTY! There you go again. You don't even know Mark and you are asking for his opinion.

Check out Mark first, then ask him for his opinion. If you ask me what I think about Mark I will tell you, but only if you ask first.

But remember, you don't know me either.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    keep in mind too that the majority of people seeking hipoints....are the inexperienced, "thugs" and "gangbanger" wannabes....who don't want to spend much/can't afford to buy better quality.....a lot of times they here of the price of the hipoint at bradis from places like Don's who overcharges his prices by at least 30%......a lot of these type of "shooters" aren't knowledgeable enough about guns to fire it much for practice or know what conditions exist for it to be crappy quality....they just pass off misfires and such as normal and/or don't take the time to return it to that same store rather than sell it to their criminal friend who can't buy one at a store

Top Bottom