• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    You have probably read Joan suffered a cardiac arrest during a procedure on Friday. It sounds like they were going to look at her vocal cords with a scope. We do this in awake patients all the time. I'm not quite sure why they were sedating her or what they planned to do, but she went into cardiac arrest. She was brought back and then placed in a medical coma and likely underwent therapeutic hypothermia protocol to try to salvage brain function. They are now waking her up and will see what, if any, neurologic function she has left. I'm expecting family to withdraw care after they've spoken to enough lawyers and five second opinions on her status.

They are considering a lawsuit for the "botched" procedure. I am curious as to what type of physician was doing this, what exactly they were doing, and why she was sedated. I'm guessing she requested it, but it's a wild guess.

understand that no medical procedure is 100% safe and if you don't want complications, don't have elective procedures done. I hope she recovers well, but it's highly unlikely.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Joan Rivers once said that upon her passing, she wanted her body to be donated to Tupperware.

She had some funny lines over the years.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    She was one of those that seemed like she would be around for ever. I am not a big fan. But she was legend.

I spent 24 hours in a medically induced coma about 6 years ago. I was the third patient at our hospital to have it done. It saved my life!

RIP

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    R.I.P. Joan.

One thing about Rivers, she was an 'equal opportunity offender'. Virtually no one escaped her acerbic wit.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Of course they are. That's what douchebags do before she's dead. It's all about the money.

I suppose that if you went in to have a mole removed and woke up to find out that a mistake had been made and you were now a girl, you wouldn't even consider a lawsuit?

'Cause you wouldn't wanna be lumped in with those "other" people.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    I suppose that if you went in to have a mole removed and woke up to find out that a mistake had been made and you were now a girl, you wouldn't even consider a lawsuit?

'Cause you wouldn't wanna be lumped in with those "other" people.

I think it's ridiculous to even use the word lawsuit until long after a full investigation takes place. Threatening lawsuits before ones body is buried is a BS move in my opinion. Grieve and do the things you need to do and the rest of it will all play itself out in the end. If it was determined later on that something was done with regards to negligence or what have you, go for it.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Joan Rivers once said that upon her passing, she wanted her body to be donated to Tupperware.

She had some funny lines over the years.

Michael Jackson already beat her to it. They melted him down and made legos out of him. Now the kids can finally play with him

Top Bottom