• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Here's hoping you won't have to go too long before finding something that you find interesting that pays the bills... :yesway:

Thank you, sir! After considering my fuel costs from commuting, the temp job I just didn't help much at all. If I have to do low pay temp work until I find something better, it's going to have to be closer to home.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Got, and accepted the offer today. 12% raise over what I'm making now! Such a blessing.

Gotta thing good things are coming your way, Rhino!

HOLY CRAP! That is awesome! You totally landed on in the Hero Landing from that fall!

This is JTScribe dealing with adversity:

5420bdab2504f4ebb1aa8d130c324894.gif

And contrasted by rhino so far . . .

dbvvk04-54a2195e-1093-47ed-a607-0ae211f36830.gif

Last edited:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Congrats JTScribe. Glad to hear it worked out for you.

HOLY CRAP! That is awesome! You totally landed on in the Hero Landing from that fall!

This is JTScribe dealing with adversity:

5420bdab2504f4ebb1aa8d130c324894.gif

And contrasted by rhino so far . . .

dbvvk04-54a2195e-1093-47ed-a607-0ae211f36830.gif

Lol. I feel your pain rhino. I got laid off around the same time you did and I've faced a lot of rejection. After 6 months I finally accepted an offer for a full time gig with a start-up. That lasted just three weeks before they told me my personality wasn't "a good fit" so I was back to square one. That was back in March.

I too took a temp gig scoring tests. (I assume you were referring to DRC before). I just started my second project for ELA this week. It's supposed to go through May 22. The pay is meager, but like you, I know I gotta do what I gotta do, and I'm not above any honest work.

I'm in the end stages of the interview process with a well known Indiana based company. I've been interviewing for close to two months now. They expect to make an offer in the next week or so and If I don't get this one I don't know what I'm gonna do.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Congrats JTScribe. Glad to hear it worked out for you.

Lol. I feel your pain rhino. I got laid off around the same time you did and I've faced a lot of rejection. After 6 months I finally accepted an offer for a full time gig with a start-up. That lasted just three weeks before they told me my personality wasn't "a good fit" so I was back to square one. That was back in March.

I too took a temp gig scoring tests. (I assume you were referring to DRC before). I just started my second project for ELA this week. It's supposed to go through May 22. The pay is meager, but like you, I know I gotta do what I gotta do, and I'm not above any honest work.

I'm in the end stages of the interview process with a well known Indiana based company. I've been interviewing for close to two months now. They expect to make an offer in the next week or so and If I don't get this one I don't know what I'm gonna do.

PM sent!

Top Bottom