• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Nah. You're amongst those to whom I would not sell a firearm. Hell, it's unlikely I would even provide defense. It's all your individual responsibility (a foreign concept to progressives).

I think, I hope, you're being hyperbolic. A person in need, is a person need. I would gladly help anyone to the best of my ability, if I could, even if I knew we had ideological differences.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    You are under the assumption that a vote for a particular candidate means you support their entire platform. Is that true for you? ....because you might be the first person I've met who was that way.

I know that I didn't pose this question earlier in the thread specifically to you, but it would be helpful if you would answer it.

It would help us understand your point of view if you would list the issues that are more important to you than the Second Amendment.

If anyone who supports Biden would answer that, it might make everyone put their dicks and tape measures away, and have an open discussion about the legislation of the Second Amendment, and where the issue lies on the political spectrum for some people.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    If biden takes it hope the Dems don't get the senate. With republicans on the senate they will block him. But if the Dems get all three we have a real problem

https://youtu.be/w10mNJ7uDF4

Democrats know how imperative it is to their agenda to take over the Senate too.
    Don't think for a second the Democrats aren't going to put the same vote fraud effort into stealing 2 or 3 of the remaining Senate races as they've put into vote fraud with the Presidential election.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    You are under the assumption that a vote for a particular candidate means you support their entire platform. Is that true for you? ....because you might be the first person I've met who was that way.
    Presidential? No.

Local/State level? Yes.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

You apparently fail to realize that if you are willing to give up the one freedom that stops people in positions of power from bending you over a barrel you WILL get bent over a barrel.

Carmel Corn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Carmel
    Democrats know how imperative it is to their agenda to take over the Senate too.
    Don't think for a second the Democrats aren't going to put the same vote fraud effort into stealing 2 or 3 of the remaining Senate races as they've put into vote fraud with the Presidential election.

This is exactly what I fear. Winning the Senate would not only give them the power to inflict considerable damage before the next midterm, but also they feel they have a mandate (delusional) to impose their radical agenda. They won't make what they consider to be the same mistake under the Obama administration, where they fell short of doing so.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County

I will say there isn't much on the Biden agenda that I do support, because I think he has no agenda other than the constantly pushing left agenda that his puppet masters are preparing. The man refused to answer essentially any question about whether he plans to pack the court, add states, any thing widely known about the transformative plans the D party has for the country. That alone was enough for me.
    But what he did communicate about regulating the 2a to death was enough for me to vote no.
    This is why the country is so divided I guess, but I don't see how one who loves freedom could vote for a man like Biden who is just a mouthpiece for radicalism.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I think, I hope, you're being hyperbolic. A person in need, is a person need. I would gladly help anyone to the best of my ability, if I could, even if I knew we had ideological differences.

Even if you knew that person could one day shoot your dog, burn down your house, and terrify or kill your loved ones?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Even if you knew that person could one day shoot your dog, burn down your house, and terrify or kill your loved ones?

Show me you can know all of that.

i also seems like a very limited definition of help. the help provided could well be a hedge against your given result.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Show me you can know all of that.

i also seems like a very limited definition of help. the help provided could well be a hedge against your given result.

In the end it boils down to high trust versus low trust societies. Can I loan my neighbor my lawnmower with a reasonable expectation that I'll get it back in one piece? America's weird, or has been in the past, in that the answer to that question is yes. In other places, the answer is - it depends. What caste or tribal group is my neighbor? That's the determination of that question. "Of course I can loan my lawnmower to Bob, he's an Eloi like me" versus, "Bob is one of those dang Morlocks, you can't trust them as far as you can throw them."

If my neighbor has publicly identified himself as antithetical to my rights and freedoms, then he is in effect saying that he's not down with high trust Americanism; he's about the tribe. And while you can maybe discount that if it's just a time or two (people do sometimes say things they don't necessarily mean due to emotion) at some point you have to start looking at your own trust groups, and determine if people are in them, or not.

That's how you get Bosnia. That's how you get East Germany, and a network of rats and informers perusing 'the live of others.' Could it happen here? I don't know. I hope not. But my answer is not as affirmatively in the negative as it might have been five or even ten years ago. Talk of trust and reconciliation committees and "little lists" of people deserving of retribution and lawfare due to their associations tends to do that.

Abominator

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 22, 2019
    Auburn
    Interesting laundry list, nothing new that I can see and little chance of passage in Texas. What I'm looking for is introduction of these types of bills on the federal level and their chance of passage in DC. Again, Georgia needs to stay in GOP hands.

Agreed. I can't believe that list of BS bills they are trying to get passed in Texas.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Before long we'll see similar bills from the usual suspects at 200 W Washington Street in Indianapolis.

4x4strongman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 16, 2020
    Indianapolis
    There's a lot, a lot of bad within those gun control policies. Seems like quite a bit of back-dooring too, with the idea of the firearms commerce act being a "bad thing", its kind of common sense with other tools not to sue manufacturers

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    To bury or not to bury that is the question. January 21st 2021 from that point on it looks like confiscation of certain tools. Do you bury wait for 2-4 years to see if new legislation changes the laws or not? Or turn them in like good sheep?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    To bury or not to bury that is the question. January 21st 2021 from that point on it looks like confiscation of certain tools. Do you bury wait for 2-4 years to see if new legislation changes the laws or not? Or turn them in like good sheep?

Neither

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pakman415
    Top Bottom