• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don’t disagree with the numbers so to speak but I was pointing out that he isn’t who he claims to be. Evan Bayh gave us Obama care with his vote and then retired because Washington had become too toxic. So based on the “numbers” Young is 30 percent better than Bayh. I think we’re on the same page here, I guess I was overstating my point. I’m pretty sure Young is a swamp dweller and I’m not supporting it. To your point, I didn’t ever vote for Bayh I’m just saying the differences between the two are minuscule given where we’re at this point. I’m actually friends with a now retired Indiana state representative and begged him to run but he was over all of it. How do we do we get rid of squishy representation like Young?
    Drastically reduce the ability to profiteer while in office and close the revolving door to Lobbying firms and the MIC

When being a legislator is no longer a guaranteed shortcut to millionaire status we might get candidates who believe in something besides feathering their own nest

Going along to get along should end your legislative career

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Have you gotten around to reading about that vague "crap" that you tossed out there? I did. The act would create a bipartisan and bicameral commission to study and reduce the national debt. At least for now, it sounds like it has the kernels of a good start in reigning in the national debt. INGO supports that, doesn’t it? So far, some senior and teacher groups have come out against it. I'll reserve judgement until more details come out. Or, at least I'll keep my knee-jerk response to hating anything Young is involved in before knowing what it is to a minimum. I just end up embarrassing myself and kicking the dog.
    Name one worthwhile result a 'blue-ribbon' commission has ever been responsible for?

It is an excuse to do nothing while appearing to do something, a specialty of congress

Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    Have you gotten around to reading about that vague "crap" that you tossed out there? I did. The act would create a bipartisan and bicameral commission to study and reduce the national debt. At least for now, it sounds like it has the kernels of a good start in reigning in the national debt. INGO supports that, doesn’t it? So far, some senior and teacher groups have come out against it. I'll reserve judgement until more details come out. Or, at least I'll keep my knee-jerk response to hating anything Young is involved in before knowing what it is to a minimum. I just end up embarrassing myself and kicking the dog.
    Yeah, that’s what I heard but forgive me if I don’t trust Todd to do the “right thing” he’s also the one who reached across the aisle to give us red flag laws. I won’t stop my knee jerk reactions cause he isn’t what he claims to be. I think he is Evan Bayh light. It wasn’t vague, It was just what I listened to on the radio and not on NPR. Just my two cents. Not smart enough to post the two pennies. I’m all for reducing the debt but I have no faith that he has the stones or inclination to do it, or for that matter a bunch of others that are supposed to be on our side. It’s just lip service and I’m over it. I will give Todd credit for one thing, it’s the first time I voted Libertarian in the last election. I knew it wouldn’t matter but my conscience is clear. Oh, I forget to mention that the proposed bill included Mitt Romney as well so I’m out. I Don’t trust any of them to do the right thing.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I don’t trust Todd to do the “right thing” he’s also the one who reached across the aisle to give us red flag laws. I won’t stop my knee jerk reactions cause he isn’t what he claims to be. I think he is Evan Bayh light
    This just is not true. Bayh voted with Manchin 80% of the time, Young votes with Manchin 51% of the time. Big difference. I get it, I don’t like Young but he is better than a dem like Bayh.

You still putting this out after being shown it is not true?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    It's the smart move, he was going to lose what would have been an expensive campaign. This way he can pull a Bernie Sanders, making noise about running a spoiler campaign until somebody hands him a big check to shut up.

Always follow the money

Top Bottom