• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PAMom

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Wow, you guys are brutal! I am going to withhold my final judgement just a bit longer. Story is still playing out.

No matter what Paterno did or is, I still feel compassion for the family he left behind and what they are going through; both with this controversy and his death.

The Stig

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Eastern Greene
    I'm not sure what youre basing your assumption of him being "Not interested in stopping it". Joe Pa was not the one doing the molesting, and he reported it to the A.D (who reported it to the campus police). And as I have said twice now I agree he should have went to the local or even state police after campus police failed to act. The media would have been the next option after that, but say what you will about his decision he is still the greatest college football coach of all time.

IMHO I believe Paterno could've/should've told Sandusky to take a hike. The AD wasn't going to stop him. How could he? Paterno was a god at PSU.

To me it seems the entire athletic department was willing to cover it up - that includes Paterno. I guess Paterno was more concerned about his legacy and/or the university's image than ethics (read: the lives, mental health and well-being of little boys).

Paterno even admitted in an interview last week he should've done more. For the record: It was not Paterno's fault what Sandusky did, but by retaining him and not going further with the "whistle-blowing" he certainly appeared to make legacy and image a higher priority than the raping of children.

:twocents:

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    Celebrating his death (as he was NOT the molestor) is pretty morbid.
    Please don't misunderstand me. I am most certainly NOT celebrating his death. But neither am I going to now start lauding his career achievements just because he has passed. I'm already tired of hearing "what a great man he was and what a loss." I'm not celebrating his death. But I also am definitely not going to celebrate his life and career either.

tatertot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Please don't misunderstand me. I am most certainly NOT celebrating his death. But neither am I going to now start lauding his career achievements just because he has passed. I'm already tired of hearing "what a great man he was and what a loss." I'm not celebrating his death. But I also am definitely not going to celebrate his life and career either.

Oh I wasn't meaning you specifically. There were a few posters who were saying things to the effect of rot in hell, and good riddance.

tatertot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    IMHO I believe Paterno could've/should've told Sandusky to take a hike. The AD wasn't going to stop him. How could he? Paterno was a god at PSU.

To me it seems the entire athletic department was willing to cover it up - that includes Paterno. I guess Paterno was more concerned about his legacy and/or the university's image than ethics (read: the lives, mental health and well-being of little boys).

Paterno even admitted in an interview last week he should've done more. For the record: It was not Paterno's fault what Sandusky did, but by retaining him and not going further with the "whistle-blowing" he certainly appeared to make legacy and image a higher priority than the raping of children.

:twocents:

I agree completely Sandusky should have been at minimum fired instantly. Walking in on that incident, any self respecting man would have beat Sandusky silly.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Oh I wasn't meaning you specifically. There were a few posters who were saying things to the effect of rot in hell, and good riddance.

I'm definitely not celebrating his death, but morning the fact that he didn't die 14 years earlier. Maybe a real man could have been in his position and saved all those kids from being raped by going to the authorities when he realized his superior didn't do anything.

Joe, good riddance you piece of ****. (Broken record commencing)

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I am not a Paterno fan or detractor. Looking at this objectively, I think blame for Paterno is misplaced. We have his assistant giving several different versions of what he told Paterno had happened. The assistant, the supposed actual eyewitness did pretty close to nothing to halt what he now says was the obvious rape of a child. Paterno says that he was given a vague allegation that he passed up the line for investigation. Paterno was NOT a witness. After another allegation by a parent was presented to the prosecutor a decade ago, prosecution was declined. What exactly was Paterno supposed to do, be judge, jury and executioner on the vague, 2nd hand testimony of his assistant, McQueary, who still today changes his description of what happened depending on what audience he's addressing? McQueary, if anyone did not do enough, it was him, not Paterno. If McQueary is now telling the truth then why did he call his father rather than the police when he witnessed a crime? That's what sane, responsible people do. McQueary, with the shifting sands of his allegations, will be primarily responsible if Sandusky is acquitted.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom