bye John.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Don't understand why he didn't resign last year

a year ago I assumed he wanted to die in office. He loves the power and admiration that comes from being a senator, and is a perfect example of why we need term limits

of course he wants multiple presidents to give eulogies at his funeral. Me. Me. Me. Me.

yes, his service in military and while captured was incredible and honorable. Then he became a senator

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    John McCain=poster child for term limits.

In case you are curious as to why Republican politicians and judges suddenly attack their own party:

1. to get laid at Georgetown cocktail parties.

2. for the obituaries like McCain has from the New York Times.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Hopefully they don't appoint McCain #2 McSally. Too bad he felt he needed to stay until death did his seat part, glad he went before the midterms.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It would be fruitless for me to further vent any frustration toward this man's political tenure It would be sufficient for me to thank him for his military service and express my sympathy for the great suffering that was endured throughout his POW captivity. Time to close this chapter and move on. RIP.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Hopefully they don't appoint McCain #2 McSally. Too bad he felt he needed to stay until death did his seat part, glad he went before the midterms.

Roger that on the McSally part. In 2003 I met (then) Lt Col McSally at Davis-Monthan AFB in Tuscan when she was at 12th Air Force and I was at Air Combat Command. I thought she was a brick.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I was hoping not to have to watch the news today at all.

McCain, McCain, McCain... :ugh:

Now with this Florida mass shooting, no choice.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    a year ago I assumed he wanted to die in office. He loves the power and admiration that comes from being a senator, and is a perfect example of why we need term limits

The ego of these politicians makes them only think of themselves rather than the constituents they are supposed to represent and serve. Without their Congressional seat they are nothing. Just like Gabby Giffords and Ted Kennedy being a useless as representatives for many months.

Rather than term limits the solution is doing away with seniority. After two terms you go back to the bottom of the pecking order. No committee leadership positions. Serve on the crappy committees. Lose the plush office and work out of some closet. Earn your way back to the top instead of riding on your seniority.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Speaking of his "ME, ME, ME" attitutude, he spent the last YEAR of his life planning his royal funeral arrangements, instead of doing what he could do for the country he was elected to serve.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Speaking of his "ME, ME, ME" attitutude, he spent the last YEAR of his life planning his royal funeral arrangements, instead of doing what he could do for the country he was elected to serve.

right? He wanted to die in office. Wanted the 'ol Ted Kennedy treatment.

But looking at what they're doing to Darby, seems like everything named after Teddy should be renamed

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I thought the folks on the Today Show were going to cry for their beloved Maverick. Of course he was a racist POS for running against BHO just 10 years ago.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The Today Show interviewed Goober Graham this morning. It was billed as his tribute to his friend. At least half the interview, if not 2/3, was Savannah asking about how upsetting it was that Trump did this or Trump didn't do that when it came to the beloved Maverick.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    The Today Show interviewed Goober Graham this morning. It was billed as his tribute to his friend. At least half the interview, if not 2/3, was Savannah asking about how upsetting it was that Trump did this or Trump didn't do that when it came to the beloved Maverick.
    Another lover of Big Brother style government.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    This guy just didn't want to be sucked into her *****fest.

[video=youtube;UB_RbiahMuk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=220&v=UB_RbiahMuk[/video]

Top Bottom