• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Cruise was good in Reacher. But, as stated above, if you are a fan of the books, he could not be Reacher. A big part of his persona is his size. It creates a constant tension amongst the other characters.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Cruise was good in Reacher. But, as stated above, if you are a fan of the books, he could not be Reacher. A big part of his persona is his size. It creates a constant tension amongst the other characters.

Truth. I have all his books (except the most recent). Just started re-reading "Never Go Back". Hos bulk and his analytical mind as applied to violence is what makes him so him. TC does well though.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    Truth. I have all his books (except the most recent). Just started re-reading "Never Go Back". Hos bulk and his analytical mind as applied to violence is what makes him so him. TC does well though.

I have also ready the books excluding the most recent. I found the movie entertaining, just had to look past the differences between the two, especially Reacher's size. The Rock could have played Reacher.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I have also ready the books excluding the most recent. I found the movie entertaining, just had to look past the differences between the two, especially Reacher's size. The Rock could have played Reacher.

Disagree. The Rock smiles too much. More smirk, less smile.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    He doesn't smile a whole lot in the Fast and Furious films.

Can't say I've seen anything past the second one. Just can't take the fake car stuff. Especially when you ARE a car person. They're just painfully ignorant and they have bred an entire generation of morons.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Can't say I've seen anything past the second one. Just can't take the fake car stuff. Especially when you ARE a car person. They're just painfully ignorant and they have bred an entire generation of morons.

Kind of like us watching most gun movies.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Kind of like us watching most gun movies.

True. But I must say the latest Gerard Butler flick "London has Fallen" was pretty good. You see so many reloads that I've never seen outside of Blackhawk Down. pretty decent flick overall. CG sucked, but the rest was good.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I watched the STUPID Lethal Weapon premier last night and the continual charging and recharging of ar's was driving me to distraction.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    There was a movie recently that did that incessantly. Drove me nuts. I mean, if you're going into the heat of battle and get to a spot to rest and hadn't chambered a round, you deserve to be the first one shot.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Man I almost pulled my hair out trying to watch the 1st one. How many times can you shift in a street race. Nitrous is not a JATO booster. If you walk up and open the hood on my car you will wake up in the hospital. If you scream your rice burner until it flames you will not be driving it away. My drag cars did great wheelies, street chargers do not.
    I could go on and on and on but hey, we already know.

As to this generation of Morons, this terrible movie was only a small part of what they think is real.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There was a movie recently that did that incessantly. Drove me nuts. I mean, if you're going into the heat of battle and get to a spot to rest and hadn't chambered a round, you deserve to be the first one shot.

It is just mind boggling that anyone would point a weapon while in harms way and then, to stress the point, they put a round into battery...........................:faint:

Top Bottom