• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    Got my first 1911 on thursday and couldn't be happier, it's a satin finished stainless Colt 1991 A1 new in box got in trade, I already am thinkin about new grips for it, and a trigger, thoughts?

c25ad72e.jpg

f'nstar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    nice 1911 you have there..I say leave it alone and shoot the heck out of it. Grips would be a good upgrade. i would probably leave the trigger alone till you shoot it a bit you may end up liking it as is..

LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    Also, what do I need to do to clean it as far as lube goes, normally I just use hopped no. 9 and leave a lite bit on as lube, and havnt had issues, should I go any different here?

pierce195

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    New Castle
    Nice 1911, put a few hundred rounds down range. After that you will have a better idea of what if anything you want to do with it.

Mags and ammo are always a good place to start.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    I'll chime in with the chorus.

I'd leave it as is. Grips are about the only thing I change on my 1911s. It's been around for a century and the best ones are the models closest to the original. Mags and ammo are the best accessories.

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    Also, what do I need to do to clean it as far as lube goes, normally I just use hopped no. 9 and leave a lite bit on as lube, and havnt had issues, should I go any different here?
    I use Slide-Glide on the rails most of the year and only change to Kellube on the rails in the winter. On the internals Neil Keller's Kellube is my year round favorite oil.

gunwh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    If you swap out the grips don't make the mistake most do. At least wrap the original grips up and keep them in the case just in case you decide to sell or trade it later. By the way nice first 1911

LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    Oh, I would never get rid of the original grips, I always keep parts that I take off guns, and as for replacin the trigger it's purely aesthetic at this point, I just don't think a nice 1911 should have a cheap plastic trigger

LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    Oh, I would never get rid of the original grips, I always keep parts that I take off guns, and as for replacin the trigger it's purely aesthetic at this point, I just don't think a nice 1911 should have a cheap plastic trigger

Top Bottom