• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hunter480

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Coatesville, In.
    Hunter, no offense taken. Nor did I intend to offend you. My point is that some people support the NRA but wont talk to their legislators or explain to a neighbor why the RKBA is important. In response to SEIGUY, the aforementioned, plus groups like SCCC. (concealedcampus.org). I wasnt being critical of the posters here, just saying not to rest on your laurels because you have an NRA membership. From what I read of Prometheus, I think he is probably the kind of person I m talking about- someone who does what they think they can, but is not a fan of the NRA. The 2 arent mutually exclusive, and membership doesnt get you off the hook elsewhere. THIS IS NOT A CRITICISM OF ANYONE PARTICULAR, so please don't take this as a lashing. Unless you feel guilty, that is.

Good deal-and of course you`re right. Supporting/protecting Second Amendment rights is much more than just carrying a card around in your billfold. There are letters, e,ails, even phone calls that need to be made. Active involvement is crucial, since there are groups of people out there, who are completely intent on taking completely away, our right to keep and bear arms. And they`re as serious about their position as we are about ours. That`s why I stick with NRA, flaws and all. Although I will be taking a hard look now at GOA and JPFO.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    Join.

They are not perfect, but if not for them, I guarantee we would not be posting on this board or any other like it in 2008. The Gun Control Act of 1968 would have grown like a cancer until we would be lucky to have single-shot shotguns in our homes today.

Like them or not, they are the big dinosaur in the swamp.

Orgs. like the GOA and JPFO are great, join them as well, but they are not really going to have that much pull with the big boys on the capitol hills, both State and Federal.

Top Bottom