Judge issues order on Sandy Hook / Remington lawsuit . . . . .

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I'm not sure how American gun companies like Springfield Armory are going to stay in business, with attacks from lawsuits coming from the left and boycotts (long after problems have been resolved) from chest-thumping "patriots" coming from the right.

At least the ones on the left know what they are doing.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'm not sure how American gun companies like Springfield Armory are going to stay in business, with attacks from lawsuits coming from the left and boycotts (long after problems have been resolved) from chest-thumping "patriots" coming from the right.

At least the ones on the left know what they are doing.

When it comes to springfield, they spent money lobbying to take away gun rights. Why shouldn't they be forced to sleep in the bed they made?

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    When it comes to springfield, they spent money lobbying to take away gun rights. Why shouldn't they be forced to sleep in the bed they made?

OK, yeah, so you’re right. **** Springfield Armory. And **** every other gun company that’s ever done anything anti-2A. How about Smith & Wesson for putting that Hillary-hole in their revolvers? How about trashing the ghost of Bill Ruger for not wanting to make >10-round magazines for the 10-22? There are more examples...

Time to wake the **** up people. We truly are our own worst enemies. If we don’t get our **** together and stand united we can kiss our beloved 2A goodbye. It’s time to stop virtue signaling about every little thing that isn’t 100% up to snuff about supporting the 2A (including President Trump, who I’ve brutalized in the past) and circle the wagons and get ready for the fight of our lives.

Yeah, I’m pissed off. SCOTUS having no balls sucks but it’s only a sign of things to come. Get ready, people. We are on a trajectory to crash and burn when it comes to 2A. Not if. When.

I hope I’m wrong.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Sorry cbhausen, I think all signs point to you being right.

If it is so obvious and cannot be discounted as just an irrational fear, then it is time for preparation.

We should all be making certain that our houses are in order.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is just the next step of a well thought out attack with an obvious end game. It will remain relentless as long as we allow the same people to sit in the seats of power their entire lives.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    A lawyer's take:

Just guessing, but it's possible they passed on it because they could reach it later, if necessary.

Even though it has now gone to Connecticut's highest court and bounced off of SCOTUS, this case is still at an early stage.

At the trial court, we're just at the motion to dismiss. Some justices may prefer to nail down the factual basis before granting cert.

Put it this way: gun manufacturers would prefer a blanket pronouncement: you cannot sue under state consumer protection laws.

But one or more justices may be thinking less categorically—i.e., you cannot sue under state consumer protection laws, except in X, Y, Z circumstance.

For those justices thinking less categorically, developing the factual basis for the families' claims against Remington Arms would be helpful.

(Note: SCOTUS does not give reasoning for why it declined to take up a case, so this is pure conjecture.)

This is not a product liability case.

The only surviving cause of action is an unlawful marketing claim. Plaintiffs are arguing that Remington Arms purposefully marketed the AR-15 for unlawful use. That's what the trial will be about.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

Capture.jpg

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    OK, yeah, so you’re right. **** Springfield Armory. And **** every other gun company that’s ever done anything anti-2A. How about Smith & Wesson for putting that Hillary-hole in their revolvers? How about trashing the ghost of Bill Ruger for not wanting to make >10-round magazines for the 10-22? There are more examples...

Time to wake the **** up people. We truly are our own worst enemies. If we don’t get our **** together and stand united we can kiss our beloved 2A goodbye. It’s time to stop virtue signaling about every little thing that isn’t 100% up to snuff about supporting the 2A (including President Trump, who I’ve brutalized in the past) and circle the wagons and get ready for the fight of our lives.

Yeah, I’m pissed off. SCOTUS having no balls sucks but it’s only a sign of things to come. Get ready, people. We are on a trajectory to crash and burn when it comes to 2A. Not if. When.

I hope I’m wrong.

There's a difference with companies complying or trying to comply with laws, and a company taking customer's money to lobby a politician for a gun ban.

You can't ask the government for permissions to utilize your rights. You take them and demonstrate them, or you bend over and kiss them goodbye.

Top Bottom