• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anima mundi

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Southport
    We know there was no weapon present now. That information was not known by any of the responding officers. Look at the Castile shooting. If they tell you to stop reaching, you should go ahead and stop reaching. The officer doesn't know that you're pulling your pants up or reaching for your wallet.

If you have a rifle pointed at you, all the more reason to not reach for anything.

You're right, the more that I look at it now, it's the citizens who should have the nerves to look down the barrel of multiple loaded weapons while drunk and terrified and make completely reasonable decisions.

*huffs bag filled with own farts*

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    You're right, the more that I look at it now, it's the citizens who should have the nerves to look down the barrel of multiple loaded weapons while drunk and terrified and make completely reasonable decisions.

*huffs bag filled with own farts*

Hindsight is still 2020.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    What if your hands are putting a part on a car and come out at your waistband because the top of the grill is under your waistband?

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    This is tough to watch I will agree. I’m not a LE guy and really have no desire. But, I think he could have given him another second or two before making the shoot decision. Now I know I’m going to get blasted here because I just said that with no academy experience and it’s easy to Monday night quarterback.. but it’s just my opinion. He knew he screwed up when he was rehired and begged for his pension then said he had PTSD. I see a guy who had a bad shoot.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Very tough to watch. If that happened to my son...…..I'm going hunting for some bacon.
    I believe in "street" justice, we sure don't get it in the Court system.

In my mind this "officer" should be locked up right now for Murder.
    He sure as H*LL should not be receiving a pension paid for by the tax payers or anyone else for that matter.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Very tough to watch. If that happened to my son...…..I'm going hunting for some bacon.

He sure as H*LL should not be receiving a pension paid for by the tax payers or anyone else for that matter.

Lets go easy here OK. I get it. I really do.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I believe it was a good shoot, did what he was trained to do. But you can't teach common sense. We're not trained dogs. And some trainers know everything, so their minds are closed to how things can go wrong. Good training and some common sense would have went a long way.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    This is tough to watch I will agree. I’m not a LE guy and really have no desire. But, I think he could have given him another second or two before making the shoot decision. Now I know I’m going to get blasted here because I just said that with no academy experience and it’s easy to Monday night quarterback.. but it’s just my opinion. He knew he screwed up when he was rehired and begged for his pension then said he had PTSD. I see a guy who had a bad shoot.

A second or two? I can draw from concealment and put 3 shots on target in under 2 seconds.

The Sergeant on scene said, "If you reach behind you again, we're going to shoot you."

He reached behind his back. Brailsford shot him. They gave him more than enough chances.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend

On what grounds is this murder? Everyone points out that Shaver was under massive amounts of stress. What about the officers, responding to a man with a rifle call, and their suspect is non compliant, and keeps reaching behind his back? They have to put their, and everyone else's safety, first.

Unfortunate outcome, but nowhere near criminal, and definitely not murder.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    He just didn't seem capable of performing their nonsensical demands and was shot while trying.

You can try to justify it, but he got gamed to death.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Mine too.

Everything about his nonverbal language screamed "drunk and scared" to me. Yeah his movements were contrary to commands, but look at *how* he made them. They were absolutely not furtive. I just cannot see a reason to shoot that guy from my comfy armchair.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    It was very clear in the video that he did not have a rifle anywhere near him except the one trained on him.
    They had him prone, why not cuff him there on the floor?

This reply is for Cpt. Nervous

Anima mundi

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Southport
    It was very clear in the video that he did not have a rifle anywhere near him except the one trained on him.

Look son, we're not here to rationally discuss tactics and how to not murder innocent citizens and avoid taking responsibility for it. We're lickin' boots here.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend

Right, because the call was for the rifle, and he didn't have a rifle on him, and there is absolutely, positively no other kind of weapon he could have had on him. It would have been impossible for him to conceal another weapon on his person.

I can't believe I hadn't thought of that.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Right, because the call was for the rifle, and he didn't have a rifle on him, and there is absolutely, positively no other kind of weapon he could have had on him. It would have been impossible for him to conceal another weapon on his person.

I can't believe I hadn't thought of that.

They treated him as if he'd murdered someone, not just as if he might be in possession of a gun.

Keep it straight - the police were threatening him with guns, not the other way around.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It would be physically impossible for me to have complied with most of the commands they gave to the dead guy, and I am never intoxicated, ever. Not difficult, but IMPOSSIBLE. If I were in the same situation and I made the mistake of trying to comply with the instructions, I'd be just as dead.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    is this the hotel hallway shooting? didnt the cop have something engraved on his gun as well, along with a history? yea, bad shoot. I thought as your body language and situation readiness was supposed to be top notch as LEO. dude was clearly intoxicated

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    florez30
    Top Bottom