• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anima mundi

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Southport
    Right, because the call was for the rifle, and he didn't have a rifle on him, and there is absolutely, positively no other kind of weapon he could have had on him. It would have been impossible for him to conceal another weapon on his person.

I can't believe I hadn't thought of that.

Daniel Shaver broke no laws and his reward was getting shot to death, crying and begging on his knees, in a hotel hallway. His parents' last memory of him will be seeing him executed on video.

Here's an idea, tactical savant: if they thought he might have another gun on him, why are they having him face them and close with them when they could have easily told him to lift up his shirt and rotate to check his waistband? Why didn't they have him walk backwards toward them? Why didn't they prone him out? You can't draw and shoot very quickly at all from the prone. There are probably a dozen things or more they could have done, all of which didn't involve Twister: Comply or Die Edition, and they chose the one with the greatest risk to them and (if you subscribe to the "I'm going home tonight" line) lowest chance of nonviolent resolution. Makes one wonder if they just wanted to kill somebody.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    is this the hotel hallway shooting? didnt the cop have something engraved on his gun as well, along with a history? yea, bad shoot. I thought as your body language and situation readiness was supposed to be top notch as LEO. dude was clearly intoxicated

So if I have something engraved on my gun, it makes my shooting automatically unjustified? A history of what? Shooting people? We're talking about the shooting of Daniel Shaver. Literally nothing that happened before that single event has any bearing on the justification of that shooting. What does intoxication have to do with anything? Does that remove any possibility of him being a threat?

If you tell someone you're going to shoot them if they do a thing, and then they do that thing, you can't call that murder. Bad shoot? No. Sloppy shoot, maybe. Tragedy, for sure. Nowhere near murder.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Is that sarcasm? I sure do hope so because that man should be inhabiting a jail cell right now. He surely does not rate a reward for professional misconduct and retardedness unbecoming a human being.

How do you figure? What crime did he commit? Justified self defense shooting. Sloppy for sure, but nonetheless justified.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Daniel Shaver broke no laws and his reward was getting shot to death, crying and begging on his knees, in a hotel hallway. His parents' last memory of him will be seeing him executed on video.

Here's an idea, tactical savant: if they thought he might have another gun on him, why are they having him face them and close with them when they could have easily told him to lift up his shirt and rotate to check his waistband? Why didn't they have him walk backwards toward them? Why didn't they prone him out? You can't draw and shoot very quickly at all from the prone. There are probably a dozen things or more they could have done, all of which didn't involve Twister: Comply or Die Edition, and they chose the one with the greatest risk to them and (if you subscribe to the "I'm going home tonight" line) lowest chance of nonviolent resolution. Makes one wonder if they just wanted to kill somebody.

Oh, yeah, I'm sure the officers wanted to kill someone, and deal with all the backlash that comes with that. That's everyone's dream.

They could have most definitely handled that better, and I wouldn't have done it the way they did. Shaver could have survived if the officers' tactics were better. He could have also survived if he didn't do the thing he was told not to do upon threat of deadly force. So there's that.

In no realm of reality does this shooting constitute murder. It was poorly handled, but the shoot is still justified.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Well, he didn't follow commands. He reached when his pants fell down. ATM had it right, he was gamed to death. He obviously wasn't a threat. It's a big fail, any way you rule it.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    And there, folks, is the disconnect.

Oh, yeah, I'm sure the officers wanted to kill someone, and deal with all the backlash that comes with that. That's everyone's dream.

They could have most definitely handled that better, and I wouldn't have done it the way they did. Shaver could have survived if the officers' tactics were better. He could have also survived if he didn't do the thing he was told not to do upon threat of deadly force. So there's that.

In no realm of reality does this shooting constitute murder. It was poorly handled, but the shoot is still justified.

Top Bottom