• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nad63

Expert
    Oct 3, 2011
    There are two Appleseed events showing on the eventbrite site to July 2015.
    0ne at MCFG on 11th &12th which shows as sold out. My first question is it really sold out? Every selection on the eventbrite showed as sold out. (Kids "sold out", RWVA donation "sold out"...) This shoot would have been my preferred venue.
    Crawfordsville shoot on 18th & 19th shows available. Anyone know who the shoot boss will be and whether it is still on?
    Thanks.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Nigel, The MCF&G event (18-19 July) is in fact sold out +3 ... while I was still SB for that event, we had a family of 5 want to sign up with only 2 slots open. They took the last two slots and we recorded the names of the other 3 in their group to be the "walk-ons" for the event. 17 on the line in the pistol bays is pretty tight even with a few youth in the mix. I've been informed that Janir is now the SB for the MCF&G event, and I think he's traveling in from Illinois. No information on any other Instructors who might be at MCF&G.

Crawfordsville on 11-12 July is a go. Stagehand Steve will be the SB, and his daughter Riflegirl will be attempting to earn her Red Hat. The few remaining active Indiana Instructors are supposed to be at this event. ATM (who was recently deactivated) will be there as the Range Representative. I'm going to be there as a student along with a handful of other Appleseed Instructors who've been recently deactivated. There's plenty of room on the line at Crawfordsville, and you can use your centerfire rifle if you'd like. I hope to see you at Crawfordsville.

brotherbill3

Master
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Nigel, The MCF&G event (18-19 July) is in fact sold out +3 ... while I was still SB for that event, we had a family of 5 want to sign up with only 2 slots open. They took the last two slots and we recorded the names of the other 3 in their group to be the "walk-ons" for the event. 17 on the line in the pistol bays is pretty tight even with a few youth in the mix. I've been informed that Janir is now the SB for the MCF&G event, and I think he's traveling in from Illinois. No information on any other Instructors who might be at MCF&G.

Crawfordsville on 11-12 July is a go. Stagehand Steve will be the SB, and his daughter Riflegirl will be attempting to earn her Red Hat. The few remaining active Indiana Instructors are supposed to be at this event. ATM (who was recently deactivated) will be there as the Range Representative. I'm going to be there as a student along with a handful of other Appleseed Instructors who've been recently deactivated. There's plenty of room on the line at Crawfordsville, and you can use your centerfire rifle if you'd like. I hope to see you at Crawfordsville.

I'll be at the (both) Marion Co. F&G shoot; scheduled for this year. Long story short - I got a personal phone call (D.R.P. not the dog) - and since I was planning to be "at/as needed" the 3 or 4 shoots and gave an explanation of why I was reluctant on the RC. D.R.P. had me 'reactivated' based on this call. I am also a member at MCF&G - so that should (I hope, any M.C.F.&G. officers want to let me know) cover 'range rep' for there - JIC its needed. (if I need to "do" anything as Rep - someone needs to let me know - I'm just an "ordinary member" - and a lowly orange hat).

So the first MCF&G Shoot will be on. And as I understand the 'status' - all but 1 active AS "native hoosier" instructor cadre (me) will be at Crawfordsville (July 11,12 - week before MCFG).
    Not sure I can make it but I might 'walkon' too.

TJ you're news puts me in a 'drat' mode - I saw 14 listed - and I looked and it appeared that 15 or 16 have 'squeaked in' - so I wanted my nephew's son to show up w/ me again. He was Soooo close on Patriots Day to getting his patch - prior to heading to Camp Pendleton in August. ... I'm not sure that Janir (I think coming from WI) knows there are already walk-on's. He didn't say anything to me. Right now we have 3 covering a line of 14-18 shooters. ...

You've run shoots there can we fit the one 1 extra? (I humbly ask for your input on this Thanks)

grunt soldier

Master
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    If you have both bays bill you can probably fit that many but if your stuck to just the first bay then definitely not. even on both bays with that huge tree in the way I'm not sure you can fit that many on. it will be tight with lots of shells landing on each other.

brotherbill3

Master
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    If you have both bays bill you can probably fit that many but if your stuck to just the first bay then definitely not. even on both bays with that huge tree in the way I'm not sure you can fit that many on. it will be tight with lots of shells landing on each other.

Thanks Grunt - We are supposed to have have both bays per the club schedule. Well - I guess we'll see.

I keep trying to make up reasons I need a chain saw (so the wife doesn't go off her rocker) - perhaps this is one for the list. ... LOL I keed I keed.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'll be at Crawfordsville as well trying to get my Rifleman with my AR. (Already got one earlier this year with my 1.5x scoped 10/22)

Looking forward to meeting ATM and seeing TJ again. Bringing at least one friend along, putting out one final feeler to rope in one more.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Bill, Good to hear you're still active with Appleseed. MCF&G has granted Appleseed control of both pistol bays for the weekend. A list of the 3 pre-approved walk-ons was sent to DrRichP along with some other instructions specific to MCF&G. I'll forward the message to you via e-mail for record purposes.

I'm with grunt on the extra body on the line ... bring your nephew along and pack 'em in ... brass burns build character.

Ya know ... I'm sure doing a lot of clean-up for a group that fired me ... sheesh!

brotherbill3

Master
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Bill, Good to hear you're still active with Appleseed. MCF&G has granted Appleseed control of both pistol bays for the weekend. A list of the 3 pre-approved walk-ons was sent to DrRichP along with some other instructions specific to MCF&G. I'll forward the message to you via e-mail for record purposes.

I'm with grunt on the extra body on the line ... bring your nephew along and pack 'em in ... brass burns build character.

Ya know ... I'm sure doing a lot of clean-up for a group that fired me ... sheesh!

First - Thanks - you put in the effort and well - I wish it went differently. Too many good people "out". My part is just as many said -
    BOTG make the event / difference. Hope to live up to past history/reputation ... to sustain "the TRUE mission" ...

Second -
    Any info you can send my way that is pertinent to the shoot at the club would be helpful.
    I am thinking (since you're out) that 'club rep' falls to me; but I know nothing I need to do in this role.

lastly ...
    I recall some left w/ a pink GI sling raining brass ... and another getting the burns on a tight line there ... :smile:
    did I ever ask - did she get her patch? I was only there the first day.

I think my nephew's boy can handle it - USMC all the way for him. ...

Thanks again TJ.

nad63

Expert
    Oct 3, 2011
    I have shot a couple Appleseeds at MCFG and 17 on the line will be tight, but doable I expect. I was hoping to bring my daughter or son with me so it looks like I will be going to Crawfordsville.

I have yet to sign up as I am waiting for a gift certificate from eventbrite but will be signing up when it gets here.
    If everything aligns and I can take my daughter or son will there be any 'loaner' rifles available?
    I have a 10-22 with a 1-5 scope which they both are proficient with so that would be first choice as a loaner. Hey I know I am being picky but when such opportunities present themselves I have to go for it.

I appreciate the responses from everyone so far and it just goes to show the commitment of the individuals involved in these shoots/organization (Appleseed and Revere's Riders....). I look forward to shooting with you no matter what hat you wear!

Nigel

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I'm still an orange hat IIT. If you need a loaner rifle PM me & I'll make it happen & get it to the range for you. I have a couple scoped 10/22 you could pick from or even a scoped pink S&W AR-15/22 (not super accurate).

nad63

Expert
    Oct 3, 2011
    Outstanding Hop I appreciate that.
    Once I get registered I will shoot you a PM (so please pencil me in for a scoped 10-22)
    I shot next to you at last years KD event at Atterbury by the way. I remember you shooting three balloons with four bullets at 300 yds after we had ran 100 yds and all within 60 secs

Thanks again.

Nigel

I'm still an orange hat IIT. If you need a loaner rifle PM me & I'll make it happen & get it to the range for you. I have a couple scoped 10/22 you could pick from or even a scoped pink S&W AR-15/22 (not super accurate).

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I have shot a couple Appleseeds at MCFG and 17 on the line will be tight, but doable I expect. I was hoping to bring my daughter or son with me so it looks like I will be going to Crawfordsville.

I have yet to sign up as I am waiting for a gift certificate from eventbrite but will be signing up when it gets here.
    If everything aligns and I can take my daughter or son will there be any 'loaner' rifles available?
    I have a 10-22 with a 1-5 scope which they both are proficient with so that would be first choice as a loaner. Hey I know I am being picky but when such opportunities present themselves I have to go for it.

I appreciate the responses from everyone so far and it just goes to show the commitment of the individuals involved in these shoots/organization (Appleseed and Revere's Riders....). I look forward to shooting with you no matter what hat you wear!

Nigel

Crawfordsville is a great venue, but I am partial (that being my first).
    If you need more, I have two 10/22's with adjustable stocks and gi slings. Both are scoped (vortex crossfire II's). The stock may need padded/built up for the kiddo's a bit. They're on loan to anyone except Chezuki. :D

I'm 1 mi. off 74 in Lizton (if you're heading west to Crawfordsville, I am on the way).

grunt soldier

Master
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Just wanted to respond to this out in the open. A lot of us got that personal phone call from him. They realized that they made a huge mistake letting so many active very involved instructors go. I personally told him to no thanks it was stupid to begin with and unacceptable. Don't believe the nonsense about how he didn't know or he would have worded it different than the AOC did blah blah blah. that was all a saving face game. I understand your desire to keep helping and that is fine. I know you personally but don't take that phone call for anything more than him trying to keep some folks around to help attempt to rebuild the program in this state after they tried to kill it. Just wanted to throw this out there so you know. Appleseed had the ability to really make a difference but it's unfortunate that the owner didn't actually want to. he doesn't really care as long as they get that tax write off for the home range in NC. Not to burst any bubbles but I don't like to beat around the bush.

I'll be at the (both) Marion Co. F&G shoot; scheduled for this year. Long story short - I got a personal phone call (D.R.P. not the dog) - and since I was planning to be "at/as needed" the 3 or 4 shoots and gave an explanation of why I was reluctant on the RC. D.R.P. had me 'reactivated' based on this call. I am also a member at MCF&G - so that should (I hope, any M.C.F.&G. officers want to let me know) cover 'range rep' for there - JIC its needed. (if I need to "do" anything as Rep - someone needs to let me know - I'm just an "ordinary member" - and a lowly orange hat).

So the first MCF&G Shoot will be on. And as I understand the 'status' - all but 1 active AS "native hoosier" instructor cadre (me) will be at Crawfordsville (July 11,12 - week before MCFG).
    Not sure I can make it but I might 'walkon' too.

TJ you're news puts me in a 'drat' mode - I saw 14 listed - and I looked and it appeared that 15 or 16 have 'squeaked in' - so I wanted my nephew's son to show up w/ me again. He was Soooo close on Patriots Day to getting his patch - prior to heading to Camp Pendleton in August. ... I'm not sure that Janir (I think coming from WI) knows there are already walk-on's. He didn't say anything to me. Right now we have 3 covering a line of 14-18 shooters. ...

You've run shoots there can we fit the one 1 extra? (I humbly ask for your input on this Thanks)

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Just wanted to respond to this out in the open. A lot of us got that personal phone call from him. They realized that they made a huge mistake letting so many active very involved instructors go. I personally told him to **** off! It was stupid to begin with and don't believe the nonsense about how he didn't know or he would have worded it different than the AOC did blah blah blah. that was all a saving face game. I understand your desire to keep helping and that is fine. I know you personally but don't take that phone call for anything more than him trying to keep some folks around to help attempt to rebuild the program in this state after they tried to kill it. Just wanted to throw this out there so you know. Appleseed had the ability to really make a difference but it's unfortunate that the owner didn't actually want to. he doesn't really care as long as they get that tax write off for the home range in NC. Not to burst any bubbles but I don't like to beat around the bush.

I hear ya. I am going to C'ville because my money was paid literally hours before understanding the scope of the issue and there are no refunds. I even inquired about a refund and they didnt even have the GD courtesy to tell me to F-off... they ignored my email. (yes, I know the address I have is good because I corresponded with them when they refunded my Nashville shoot)

Consider me a RR shooter from now on.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I got that call too. Told him I'd honor my commitments and work the shoots I'm signed up for.

Everyone got that call. I bet he ask everyone what it would take to make this right.

My answer was

1) withdraw the loyality oath
    2) re instate everyone from Slim to present date (grunt had already mouthed off to much and was gone 5 days before the deadline)
    3) Fred makes a public apology.

He said "you know that wont happen", and my response was "you didn't ask what I thought would happen, you ask what it would take"

brotherbill3

Master
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Just wanted to respond to this out in the open. A lot of us got that personal phone call from him. They realized that they made a huge mistake letting so many active very involved instructors go. I personally told him to no thanks it was stupid to begin with and unacceptable. Don't believe the nonsense about how he didn't know or he would have worded it different than the AOC did blah blah blah. that was all a saving face game. I understand your desire to keep helping and that is fine. I know you personally but don't take that phone call for anything more than him trying to keep some folks around to help attempt to rebuild the program in this state after they tried to kill it. Just wanted to throw this out there so you know. Appleseed had the ability to really make a difference but it's unfortunate that the owner didn't actually want to. he doesn't really care as long as they get that tax write off for the home range in NC. Not to burst any bubbles but I don't like to beat around the bush.

No Bubbles Burst / no perceptions of grandeur / Z F G ... etc.
    Actually glad to know I'm not the only 1.
    I actually agree very much w/ what you're saying - my eyes are open; and the purpose is "The mission" - not the particular "program" - plus some person development.

I got that call too. Told him I'd honor my commitments and work the shoots I'm signed up for.

I was very clear that this was my intent - and beyond these (and perhaps trying to get State Rep. Dermody to attend the LaPorte event in September ) I had no clue or commitment to next year.
    Part of my purpose for this is that 2 of the events I signed up for are at MCF&G - which is my "HOME RANGE" - and didn't want that to fall though ...

Everyone got that call. I bet he ask everyone what it would take to make this right.

My answer was

1) withdraw the loyality oath
    2) re instate everyone from Slim to present date (grunt had already mouthed off to much and was gone 5 days before the deadline)
    3) Fred makes a public apology.

He said "you know that wont happen", and my response was "you didn't ask what I thought would happen, you ask what it would take"

He was blunt w/ me about a number of folks not returning / invited back. Some I don't know why they were gone (some of the very BEST ones, If I understand correctly).

I was hesitant about what to say, both to him and publicly; however I had already decided to show up for the 3 events anyway. I could always just shoot by myself if i was unneeded etc.
    but I was willing to help if necessary.
    So - to him I was bluntly honest about this, and my displeasure w/ the roll call and other nonsense.
    Publicly, well, hopefully those who know me, know I'm about the mission - and helping people on the line etc ... I hope to help w/ the new RR venture as it gets going too ...

(in fact the other day I was "X" stepping both group to someone at the grocery store.)
    Publicly, I

spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Nov 16, 2010
    Wow I didn't even get a phone call asking me to come back. I feel so neglected...or insulted...or relieved...or something. Can't make either of these shoots but as the former range rep for MCFG I will happily answer any questions about that role. Enjoy the shoots everyone! (Will ATM still sing if he's not there as an instructor?)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom