• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brotherbill3

Master
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Wow I didn't even get a phone call asking me to come back. I feel so neglected...or insulted...or relieved...or something. Can't make either of these shoots but as the former range rep for MCFG I will happily answer any questions about that role. Enjoy the shoots everyone! (Will ATM still sing if he's not there as an instructor?)

Thanks Spitfire (and thanks for the first event I was at here). TJ e-mailed me the details. ... If I think of anything i'll let you and TJ know ...

Brown

Sharpshooter
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Huh. I didn't get a phone call either. Wonder why? Oh that's right. I am good friends with some people that were no longer wanted and labeled "troublemakers". Guilty by association AGAIN.

nad63

Expert
    Oct 3, 2011
    Well I registered for Crawfordsville and will have my daughter with me:rockwoot:

Going to PM Hop about a loaner and thanks RobbieMacQ for your gracious offer in case that doesn't work out.

Thanks guys and a big thanks and shout out to TJ also.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    It looks like this event has enough instructors unless a gaggle of former AS hats show up as walk on shooters. :):

Brown

Sharpshooter
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    There will be a gaggle of us. I hope.

Nigel if you need any other loaners put it up here or a PM. I have....... a few. and Lunch Lady and I intend to be there tomorrow am to watch.We want to see Alex get her RH.

nad63

Expert
    Oct 3, 2011
    There will be a gaggle of us. I hope.

Nigel if you need any other loaners put it up here or a PM. I have....... a few. and Lunch Lady and I intend to be there tomorrow am to watch.We want to see Alex get her RH.

Hop hooked me up with a nice youth sized 10-22 and we spent some time zeroing a couple others last Sunday. Got all 'our' gear and ready to roll tomorrow morning. The website says a 0830 start and I pan on being there at 0800 hours.
    I have never shot at Crawfordsville. Are we on grass, gravel or? Not that it really matters. Looking forward to seeing you plus others tomorrow.

bocefus78

Master
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    You guys have fun! I'd be there, but instead, I'll be pouring a concrete patio that's been pushed back / rained out 4 times. Stupid rain is cutting into my shooting time! Speaking of rain, looks like some gore tex may be needed for Sunday!

Let's see some pics...and I have a feeling you guys are going to clean them out of patches ;)

bocefus78

Master
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    You didnt hear? You were designated the shoot photographer!
    I'll try to take some tomorrow.

Here is one... Apparently once or twice I got my sling a little too tight... Oops.

Looks like burst capillaries.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59860621/INGO/permanent/IMG_1567.JPG

I see a farmers tan. No busted veins. :)
    My photography skills were used up finishing concrete today....trust me, I would have much rather been taking pictures or pulling triggers. Or carding sights, teaching c shaped trigger finger, breathing techniques, or sling adjustment. Hope you all had fun!

Ok...maybe it's not a farmers tan. Maybe that was all in fun :)

From what I can see, the sling needs to be higher in the bicep pocket. Crank that bad boy up between your bicep and tricep in the prone position. Remember to keep that support hand flat. I'm probably preaching to the choir, but if not, just try it.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yeah, not the best pic. No, its not a sunburn/tan. if you were here you could see it looks like my support arm was peppered with a red fine point marker. At first I thought it was a pinprick rash because my other arm is fine, as is the back of my neck which was exposed with no sunscreen. Then I realized it starts right below where the sling gets cinched. Plus I was wearing long sleeves. So sun isnt to blame.

Sorry you missed it. It was fun. Looking forward to tomorrow. We already have a couple Riflemen!

ETA: I think I know what caused it. I took a shower and It was fine. Afterward I drank a beer and I know that the alcohol tends to dilate capillaries, so I wonder if the minor "damage" done by my sling was drastically exaggerated by the beer? :dunno:

And yes, Thats where it was. I was doing exactly what you suggest, but it tends to slip an inch or two south as I crank it. . Thanks for the input. Never hurts.

Last edited:

bocefus78

Master
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    Don't let me, the guy who wasn't there, change what you were taught today. Open mind, open support hand, sling set how it works for you, and proper breathing, and you will be shooting better than ever.

I'm still holding tight to the "they won't have enough patches" knowing the lineup. I hope you take one home.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Don't let me, the guy who wasn't there, change what you were taught today. Open mind, open support hand, sling set how it works for you, and proper breathing, and you will be shooting better than ever.

I'm still holding tight to the "they won't have enough patches" knowing the lineup. I hope you take one home.

You are preaching to the choir, and echoing the staff on hand. No worries.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    :popcorn:

Well? Anyone take any pics today?

I took a couple today...

After severe thunderstorms delivering 2" of rain in the wee morning hours that several rode out on site in tents, The rest of us arrived to find this on part of the line:
    IMG_1572.JPG

Which eventually turned into this in the high traffic areas:
    IMG_1578.JPG

I did get one shot of the line, and thanks to lots of tarps we all stayed pretty much clear of groundwater wetness. Notice I didnt say we stayed dry. at 90%+ humidity with minimal winds, we were all soaked and stewing in our own juices so to speak.

IMG_1577.JPG

But it was a great day. Several more Riflemen, lots of fun shooting, and of course, BACON!

It was awesome meeting new INGO folks, and seeing some familiar faces again.

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    I was at the C'ville AS (my 2nd) and had a blast! ATM probably needs to collect a cover charge for the entertainment and BACON (which I'm proud to say I was able to sample). Great to see TJ (shoot boss at my 1st AS at MCF&G) as well as some other friendly faces that I remembered from my 1st AS.

Looking forward to more great events with Revere's Riders later this year!

Top Bottom