• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HobbyGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Newburgh
    Can you give me some details? My son wants to go to Indy for a concert that night. I'm pretty sure that I am too old for it. Although if I drop off him and his friends, I might be able to make it for a little shooting. So what's the scoop?

Robert

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Can you give me some details? My son wants to go to Indy for a concert that night. I'm pretty sure that I am too old for it. Although if I drop off him and his friends, I might be able to make it for a little shooting. So what's the scoop?

Robert

MCFG Indy Range - Friday Night Steel

^^^ Has all the details ^^^

FNS is a friendly competition shoot where you will shoot 5 stages of steel targets for time.

You can run pistol, pistol caliber rifles, or shotgun. You will need at LEAST 3 magazines, but 4 or 5 is better. Eye/ear protection and a holster/bag/case.

If you’ve never shot competition before, it’s a fun way to try it out as it’s not a cut throat competition (for most) everyone has a good time and it’s a lot of fun.

$15 if you are not a member of MCFG and $10 if you are.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    In if I can get my Ruger fixed by then. Awe heck if it isn't fixed I'll shoot the M&P. Look forward to trying some higher speed .22 ammo on the plate rack so I don't have to hit each plate 3 times...Or miss it than hit, miss, miss, hit, hit. You get the idea.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    It's official!

Our Friday Night Steel match will be this Friday, June 10th at 6 pm. We will have 5 challenging courses of fire. We will begin course setup at 5:00 pm, and we'll need help from volunteers. We will have sign-in from 5:15 pm until 6:00 pm and a shooters meeting immediately afterwards to explain the rules and to form squads. You must be in-line by 6:00 pm and you must attend the Shooter's Meeting in order to shoot; if you are late you will not be allowed to shoot. At 6:15 pm sharp, we plan to begin shooting. We'll be charging $10 for club members and $15 for non-members, with all money going towards the club or new steel targets. Shoot an additional gun for only $10 with your first paid entry.

For more info, please check out our website at:

MCFG Indy Range - Friday Night Steel

FNS is conducted under a COLD RANGE. That means all guns must be either holstered (or bagged) at all times, unloaded, hammer down, with no magazine inserted. You may only handle your gun at the direction of the range officer (RO), or in the designated "safe areas." You may not handle any ammunition or loaded magazines in the safe areas! Violation of these or any other safety rules shall result in a match disqualification.

Check out our new Facebook page at:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Friday-Night-Steel/201915636486226

You can now purchase Official Friday Night Steel shirts at Café press

Friday Night Steel Gifts, T-Shirts, Stickers, & More - CafePress

5 magazines or speed loaders is now the minimum requirement. If you do not bring enough magazines to complete all of the strings of fire, you will receive the maximum time for the strings of fire that you were unable to complete. We will not allow shooters (or their friends) to load magazines at the shooting line in between strings of fire, as it slows down the shooting procedure for other competitors.

With our numbers continuing to grow we ask that everyone does their part to make the match run as smoothly as possible. Be ready when it is your time on the firing line. Help with setup. Help to reset the steel. Volunteer to keep score. Help tear down your stage at the end of the match.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Sincerely,
    Chuck

"As to species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with a ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson 8 Papers of Thomas Jefferson 407 (J. Boyd ed., 1953)

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Can't make it this Friday, traipsing the Bourbon Trail instead...which all-in-all is a decent substitute! Sure glad we can do this twice a month, though!

NullSyndrome

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    Assuming there is isn't a raging thunderstorm, I'll be there. My first one was the one on May 13. Had a blast. I can really only do one a month. I will try to get there early to help set up.

By the way, can bi-metal jacket ammo like the 9mm steel cased Tula be used?

I have other standard copper jacket ammo to use, just wondered since I have a bunch of the cheap russian stuff. I would think the jacket is just about as soft as the standard copper jacket bullets, and the bi-metal jacket ammo still has a lead core. Just don't want to get in trouble if some sparks fly or something...any thoughts? :dunno:

If in doubt, I will just bring my Blazer and Federal ammo...don't want to damage the clubs steel.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Assuming there is isn't a raging thunderstorm, I'll be there. My first one was the one on May 13. Had a blast. I can really only do one a month. I will try to get there early to help set up.

By the way, can bi-metal jacket ammo like the 9mm steel cased Tula be used?

I have other standard copper jacket ammo to use, just wondered since I have a bunch of the cheap russian stuff. I would think the jacket is just about as soft as the standard copper jacket bullets, and the bi-metal jacket ammo still has a lead core. Just don't want to get in trouble if some sparks fly or something...any thoughts? :dunno:

If in doubt, I will just bring my Blazer and Federal ammo...don't want to damage the clubs steel.

I can't speak for every brand of ammo, but anything that damages our targets would be immediately banned from the competition.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I'm going to sport the AR with the 22 conversion again. Unless a family issue comes up I'll be there and I would like to try my hand at RO'ing. I "shadowed" last time. If an experienced RO would agree to be in my group to help oversee I'm fairly confident I could step up. Up to you guys but I just can't show up and not help any way I can. If I get to RO I'll just shoot one gun but if not and a second gun is an option I'll shoot my pistol as a second.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Well I function checked the Ruger and apparantly I am not a gunsmith. Still not working properly so it looks like the M&P this time. Thankfully my 3 new mag's from Botach showed up yesterday so I am GTG.

indycruzr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Indy Westside
    The wife and I enjoy the May 27th match. So I believe we will be there on the 10th. Question though, when will the scores from the 27th be posted?

Top Bottom