• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Does anyone know what dealer had the loaded gun for sale on their table Sunday?

Did anything happen to him? How did they find out it was loaded?

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Does anyone know what dealer had the loaded gun for sale on their table Sunday?

Did anything happen to him? How did they find out it was loaded?
    :wow:

my first thought is that a "customer" had to drop one in the chamber and thought it would be funny. Second is, all the guns on the tables are supposed to have zip ties in them so they can't be loaded. I am curious to find out who it was though.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    my first thought is that a "customer" had to drop one in the chamber and thought it would be funny.

That or someone with a less than pro-gun attitude setting someone up for another gun show incident. Many shootings at gun shows, especially in the Midwest.

Second is, all the guns on the tables are supposed to have zip ties in them so they can't be loaded

See Rule #1: All guns are always loaded.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    That or someone with a less than pro-gun attitude setting someone up for another gun show incident. Many shootings at gun shows, especially in the Midwest.

I can see the anti-gun crowd doing exactly that. They will have to set up surveillance cams at shows next.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

I find that far more likely than a less than funny prank.

Yes, all guns are loaded! The problem with scenarios like the "no loaded guns" rules at gun shows (and other places) is that it inculcates people with the mistaken mindset that they can handle unloaded guns differently from loaded guns. As responsible adults, we need to keep reminding all that the four rules apply to all guns, whether someone believes they are unloaded or not.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this!
    While I was working there Sunday, talking to a customer, talking about being "muzzled", he says " I know they are all unloaded... Blah, blah, blah....." I said
    "NO, THEY ARE ALL LOADED!" . That was before we heard about this incident.
    I mentioned in another thread, how many people pick up a gun at a gun show (or shop, or anywhere), not even really considering if it is loaded or not, put their finger on the trigger, wave it around, point it at countless people, pull the trigger, etc.. Think of the possibilities that COULD have happened with that gun!!!
    I hope who ever was responsible for that is banned or at least everybody learns something from this incident! But I'm not holding my breath!

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I heard a vendor complaining about undercover atf agents walking around trying to set people up

Saw a vendor tell a couple he didn't care who filled out the form or who the gun was for and who payed for it.
    I did not see who the vendor was.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Come on guys, who's going to come in to a gun show and intentionally load a gun sitting on a dealers table? I don't care how "anti-gun" someone is, I don't think they would take the chance of killing someone just to make us look bad!:n00b:
    I'm sure it was a stupid "mistake", and it's inexcusable, but I don't think anyone did it intentionally!

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    Come on guys, who's going to come in to a gun show and intentionally load a gun sitting on a dealers table? I don't care how "anti-gun" someone is, I don't think they would take the chance of killing someone just to make us look bad!:n00b:
    I agree.

I don't want to believe that anyone who shares my planet could be that evil.

That said I'm sure that you remember why you have to remove that stupid seal to get into a bottle of Tylenol. :(

gvsugod

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Mar 19, 2012
    SW Indianapolis
    I don't put it past anti gun people. Not saying they did it, but you cannot underestimate their ignorance and willingness to do whatever possible to hurt the right to bear arms.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I'm sure it was a stupid "mistake", and it's inexcusable, but I don't think anyone did it intentionally!
    Just like the eco crusaders wouldn't blow up a building to protest trees being cut down?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Explain how loaded guns on dealer's tables are a continual occurence?

Why does this "mistake" keep transpiring at gun shows if no one is going around throwing a round in the chamber?

Just like the eco crusaders wouldn't blow up a building to protest trees being cut down?

Or anti-hunters going out and shooting hunters?

Or eco-terrrorist spiking trees?

Or eco-terrorists committing arson?

Top Bottom