• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Philabuster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    Laporte, IN
    I think I know who they were talking about. I saw a cop and an official approach a table and talk with the vendor. He had been carrying his weapon. I saw him take it out of his waistband and put it away. It seemed as it had been loaded. IF this is the occurrence then it was NOT a gun dealer and the vendor had NO guns for sale. This vendor was practically totally NON gun related. That vendor shall remain nameless. Again...it is possible that this is not what they were referring to.

gvsugod

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Mar 19, 2012
    SW Indianapolis
    How did they announce something like that?
    "Attention shoppers...."

Pretty much. Came on over the loud speaker. None to pleased.

And on the topic of eco-terrorists we have people come out to our property in Northern MI ever few years and drive around and shoot of guns to scare the deer out of the area on opening day. I fear for their safety if someone finds them up there, considering the Local CO and Chief of Police are often at our camp hunting when they are off duty. And its Northern MI, very different than the rest of the state.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I think I know who they were talking about. I saw a cop and an official approach a table and talk with the vendor. He had been carrying his weapon. I saw him take it out of his waistband and put it away. It seemed as it had been loaded. IF this is the occurrence then it was NOT a gun dealer and the vendor had NO guns for sale. This vendor was practically totally NON gun related. That vendor shall remain nameless. Again...it is possible that this is not what they were referring to.
    if it was loaded the vendor would have been packing and leaving
    At the 1500, unlike many other shows, dealers are not even to keep an unloaded weapon in their holster. Our guns as dealers have to be unloaded and secured behind the tables.

windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    Come on guys, who's going to come in to a gun show and intentionally load a gun sitting on a dealers table? I don't care how "anti-gun" someone is, I don't think they would take the chance of killing someone just to make us look bad!:n00b:
    I'm sure it was a stupid "mistake", and it's inexcusable, but I don't think anyone did it intentionally!

Did you forget the purple?

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    it's possible

Come on guys, who's going to come in to a gun show and intentionally load a gun sitting on a dealers table? I don't care how "anti-gun" someone is, I don't think they would take the chance of killing someone just to make us look bad!:n00b:
    I'm sure it was a stupid "mistake", and it's inexcusable, but I don't think anyone did it intentionally!

With all due respect isn't this similar to BATF gun walking scheme. They do it to make us look bad. How many have died because of that? I wouldn't put it past an anti-gunner to follow suit in their own way.:twocents:

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    With all due respect isn't this similar to BATF gun walking scheme. They do it to make us look bad. How many have died because of that? I wouldn't put it past an anti-gunner to follow suit in their own way.:twocents:

I'm trying to understand your point!
    I don't see any similarity in "gun walking schemes"and an individual nut case walking into a gun show, and loading a gun!
    Are you saying that the BATF let all those guns walk to make American gun owners "look bad"?
    I think it only made themselves look like the fools!
    As far as your question, "how many have died because of that?" I don't know the answer, as far as I've heard, at least one American and several Mexicans.

To all: I haven't even heard the whole story on this yet. Was there actually a loaded gun sitting on a table for sale? ( that's what I heard) Or simply one of the many people that were carrying loaded guns was discovered?
    Any details?
    I heard part of an announcement about "guns on hips" but for the most part was blocking out the announcements after about the tenth time the guy came on to hawk (sp?) Bryan Ciyous book! ( did anyone else notice Saturday, when the announcer said " the first person to show me an Indiana CCW permit gets a free book"?)

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Believe me, it happens.
    I am, currently, retained on a gun show ND with SBI case in which it appears a loaded gun was zip tied on entry. Can't say any more than that.
    Wow.
    I know you said "can't say any more", but does that apply to what platform?
    Some guns I could picture being zipped & assumed empty, some it would seem impossible to zip without opening the action or something. Unless I'm not picturing the same thing you're talking about.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Wow.
    Some guns I could picture being zipped & assumed empty, some it would seem impossible to zip without opening the action or something. Unless I'm not picturing the same thing you're talking about.
    some gun show promoters do not zip tie to render the gun inoperable. Some just zip it so they know it came through the front door. :dunno:
    seems to me if you are going to take the time to zip it, why not make it inoperable :dunno:

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Wow.

some gun show promoters do not zip tie to render the gun inoperable. Some just zip it so they know it came through the front door. :dunno:
    seems to me if you are going to take the time to zip it, why not make it inoperable :dunno:

Really can't say any more, but the above may have been the case. I am not privy to all the facts in the lawsuit.

Kirk is right about guns being loaded, and way too many people nonchalantly ignore that basic rule.

The only gun that is unloaded is the one you just cleared. If you are not familiar with a gun's operation, don't handle it!

Never believe anyone who tells you a particular gun is unloaded. You must clear it yourself.

Loaded or unloaded--makes no difference. All the safe gun handling rules always apply, especially:
    • Muzzle direction, and
    • Finger off the trigger.
    Good Lord! How many times have we heard, "It's okay; it's unloaded." :xmad:

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    i don't think it's the anti's doin' it..... it's just dumbass's to worried about makin' a buc than watchin' out for other peoples safety.....you can't pay me enough to go to that zoo....no deals there worth gettin' shot,stepped on,smellin' BO,muzzle swipes,parkin' and a 2 hour drive one way......

Huntrdan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Columbus
    I found one Saturday. The guy pulled it out from under his table in a gun sock and handed it to me. Ruger 10/22. I pulled the bolt back to lock it and a live round fell out in my hand. When I handed him the round, he about died. I agree with rule #1. Cause sometimes its true.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I found one Saturday. The guy pulled it out from under his table in a gun sock and handed it to me. Ruger 10/22. I pulled the bolt back to lock it and a live round fell out in my hand. When I handed him the round, he about died. I agree with rule #1. Cause sometimes its true.

Wow. This has no relation to the anouncement?

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    ATF PLANTING AMMO IN GUNS? - doubt it.
    ECO TERRORIST LIBS DOING THE SAME? - strongly doubt it.
    DEALERS BEING HURRIED AND CARELESS? - Sounds about right.

Thats all I got.

Top Bottom