• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • parkerj112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    I am pretty happy with my results, SS with a 135.05 running a stock well used XD service in ESP! :D

Thanks to the folks that helped me shoot thru on the lake stages (even though I butchered them...:rolleyes:). Sadly I had to leave early and could not get in my nemisis "the house"...

Good shooting with you guys and hope to see everyone at the 3gun in Owensboro!

scowens

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    I would like to get them up to IDPA, but Scott needs to get me the p/w. I don't know who can sign the cards officially, but I'd be glad to do it for $5 a pop. However, someone who signs them officially may not charge as much or at all....:laugh:

3DPointCloud

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2012
    SW IN
    Had a great time once again. I always walk away with a new mindset and lock in my silly mistakes and try not to repeat those for the next time. Lessons learned for sure!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Had a great time once again. I always walk away with a new mindset and lock in my silly mistakes and try not to repeat those for the next time. Lessons learned for sure!

Always glad to hear shooters say they had a great time. It was a wild day for sure! But, it's those types of days that will make you a better shooter and gun handler.

I answered my own question about how to approach the classifier. I went the 'Slow is smooth and smooth is fast' route and while I missed my goal of hitting Expert in CDP, I shot the best classifier for me to date. I actually went slower than I normally would but scored better.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    There is probably something good about that, but I miss the counterbalance from the unfounded and highly spirited grumbling of grouchy old men.

Too many perky notes in a row makes you want to go poke something with a stick or something.

Curmudgeon? Is that the word you are looking for? :D

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I answered my own question about how to approach the classifier. I went the 'Slow is smooth and smooth is fast' route and while I missed my goal of hitting Expert in CDP, I shot the best classifier for me to date. I actually went slower than I normally would but scored better.

You had a good run man and CDP is tough like ESP. You're close though, and I wouldn't be surprised at all to see you get Expert next time.

Seems like the classifier was hard on most folks. Neither Greg nor Scott's run would have made Master, Greg didn't Master in ESP, Brad, while really close, missed Master. I missed ESP Expert by hair and so did Don. I really thought Ben would SS in ESP, but like the rest of us, it just didn't happen. :dunno:

Tim did make SS, which was cool.

Actually I think thats the word for the thingy that rides up on top of the spring in a clip.

But yea, a few grouchy old farts to keep things in balance.

Paging TF- we have a clip offense here:laugh:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    You had a good run man and CDP is tough like ESP. You're close though, and I wouldn't be surprised at all to see you get Expert next time.

Seems like the classifier was hard on most folks. Neither Greg nor Scott's run would have made Master, Greg didn't Master in ESP, Brad, while really close, missed Master. I missed ESP Expert by hair and so did Don. I really thought Ben would SS in ESP, but like the rest of us, it just didn't happen. :dunno:

Tim did make SS, which was cool.

My run would have made it if I was shooting SSP. I have a million excuses and they would all make me sound like a whiny little ***** so I'll just say I plan to do better next time.

Paging TF- we have a clip offense here:laugh:

I've been busy today so some minor offenses are slipping through :):

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    My run would have made it if I was shooting SSP. I have a million excuses and they would all make me sound like a whiny little ***** so I'll just say I plan to do better next time.

I've been busy today so some minor offenses are slipping through :):

I'm with TJ in saying that I thought you had SS nailed for sure, too.

I'm pleased with where I ended up and I think the gun change agreed with me, too. I'll always be a Glock fan but I've had fewer rounds through the M&P45 in a much shorter time frame than I have with my Glocks and I ended up shooting it better. I was a bit rattled after having the 9mm go down but in the end, after finding out what my problem happened to be, I'm sold on M&P since I still have all my fingers! :D

Maybe I need to go complete in a regional match or something before I try and break into Expert...Big fish in a small pond kind of thing maybe.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I have a million excuses

picture.php

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I'm with TJ in saying that I thought you had SS nailed for sure, too.

I'm pleased with where I ended up and I think the gun change agreed with me, too. I'll always be a Glock fan but I've had fewer rounds through the M&P45 in a much shorter time frame than I have with my Glocks and I ended up shooting it better. I was a bit rattled after having the 9mm go down but in the end, after finding out what my problem happened to be, I'm sold on M&P since I still have all my fingers! :D

Maybe I need to go complete in a regional match or something before I try and break into Expert...Big fish in a small pond kind of thing maybe.

Yes, you need to shoot a major. I've tried not to rattle on about the Regional, but it was really cool. From the moment you step foot in the bay, you know you're in a different shooting world. Well, really from the moment you start registering, you know its going to be a lot different:D You will get an idea real quick like as to how your skills add up to other shooters national and international.

So, why don't you shoot the VA State Match with me on the 23rd:D

I'm giving serious thought to shooting it as the revolver line-up is rare. If I entered I would make the 7th ESR guy and the division would have 1 Exp, 4 SS and 2 MM as of now.
    Plus, this one has gun giveaways on the prize table:rockwoot:
    Only problem is it's a 7 hour drive:n00b: Wouldn't be bad getting there but Sunday morning would come real early like.

Back to Jr, I thought I saw him with a magwelled XD ala Brad Eadens? Was it just a Glock?

Top Bottom