Jury awards Hulk Hogan at least $115 million in Gawker sex-tape lawsuit.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    115 million is ridiculous.

Yeah, especially when you consider that a wrongfully convicted guy who was just released from prison, after 30 years, is entitled to about $50k for each year incarcerated.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    That's all reason I need. He's a swinger and adulterer. And I won't even get into the other things he's said not to long ago.

Kut (used to be a huge fan)
    pffft... There are some that consider those to be admirable traits in today's society.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Gawker has said previously that this lawsuit might cost them their business. I sincerely hope this will be the end of the entire Gawker Media entity.

I really like their car-focused Jalopnik site. And Deadspin, despite being crude, is pretty good for sports coverage.

Gawker, Jezebel, and whatever the other ones are... I won't miss them.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    This deserves it's own thread. It's like having 20 Christmasses all at once... so amazing.

Wrestler Hulk Hogan wins at least $115 million in sex-tape suit | Reuters

Gawker has said previously that this lawsuit might cost them their business. I sincerely hope this will be the end of the entire Gawker Media entity.

You have no idea how excited I am about this.

"The jury must still consider whether to impose punitive damages next week.”

Hulk Hogan awarded $115 million in Gawker sex tape case - Mar. 18, 2016

Not me. While I don't particularly care about the Gawker and Jezebel sites, their other sites provide top notch journalism for their subject matter. Kotaku and i09 are tops in their field of coverage for gaming and sci-fi. And, as said above, Jalopnik and Deadspin are great sites for what they cover. I really hope they don't get dragged under by this. Gawker deserves to be raked over the coals for what they did, but I'd hate to see those good sites, and their people, burnt for the douche behaviour of their founder and his paparazzi crew.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Not me. While I don't particularly care about the Gawker and Jezebel sites, their other sites provide top notch journalism for their subject matter.

Ehh...

Kotaku and i09 are tops in their field...

Kotaku is a cesspool of unethical "journalism"... from low-effort and sensationalist articles full of errors, being given privileged access to the gaming industry based on who they're sleeping with rather than on merit, their dehumanizing portrayal of those that call them out on their corruption, their articles insulting the very people that read their website ("Gamers are Dead"), breaking developer NDAs (and subsequently, being blacklisted by big-name devs), to the GameJournoPros mailing list... It's all unethical and pretty representative of how the main Gawker sites run their business.

Maybe someone will come along and buy the other branches of the site, who knows. But the Gawker/Jezebel/Kotaku side of it needs to be obliterated.

As far as gaming websites, there have been some good ones to spring up in the past year or so as Kotaku has been losing money. GamesNosh, NicheGamer, TechRaptor.

Last edited:

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Gawker:
    Those [climate] denialists should face jail. They should face fines. They should face lawsuits from the classes of people whose lives and livelihoods are most threatened by denialist tactics...

I'm talking about Rush and his multi-million-dollar ilk in the disinformation business. I'm talking about Americans for Prosperity and the businesses and billionaires who back its obfuscatory propaganda. I'm talking about public persons and organizations and corporations for whom denying a fundamental scientific fact is profitable, who encourage the acceleration of an anti-environment course of unregulated consumption and production that, frankly, will screw my son and your children and whatever progeny they manage to have.
    Those malcontents must be punished and stopped.

But First Amendment rights have never been absolute. You still can't yell "fire" in a crowded theater. You shouldn't be able to yell "balderdash" at 10,883 scientific journal articles a year, all saying the same thing: This is a problem, and we should take some preparations for when it becomes a bigger problem.
    (via Gawker Was Always Vile | Coyote Blog)

Running somebody's private sex tape as news: FIRST AMENDMENT! Disagreeing with political argument: THROW THEM IN JAIL!

$115M is not enough. Happily that's only the compensatory damages. Punitives still to come. Unhappily I doubt any of this survives appeal.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Unhappily I doubt any of this survives appeal.

I think a lot will survive appeal. It was an illegal recording that they knew was illegal. Hogan has been out of work since (and good luck determining how much of that is related to this). The facts are pretty solid.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    What's so bad about the Hulkster?

Well.... we can start with him being married

How many celebrities stay faithful?

Not sure I understand your point. Are you saying that since many celebrities don't stay faithful, that means all celebrities should be judged with a different yardstick than "normal" people?

Or, are you saying that Hogan's wife should have known and accepted that he'd eventually be unfaithful because she knew he was a celebrity when she married him?

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    I'm pretty sure Bubba knew and didn't care?

What's so bad about the Hulkster?

This is a jail phone recording, the guy they are talking about in the beginning was the passenger in a car that Nick Hogan crashed while drunk and drag racing on public streets. The passenger was ruined from head injuries from the crash. Will need full time care for the rest of his life.

[video=youtube;x1BH629T9Ug]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1BH629T9Ug[/video]

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This is a jail phone recording, the guy they are talking about in the beginning was the passenger in a car that Nick Hogan crashed while drunk and drag racing on public streets. The passenger was ruined from head injuries from the crash. Will need full time care for the rest of his life.

[video=youtube;x1BH629T9Ug]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1BH629T9Ug[/video]

Dang, that's cold. Don't blame me, blame God.... oh, and how's my tv show coming along?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    I was trying to think of anything I would hate worse than watching Hulk Hogan screwing ANYTHING.........

Perhaps Randy "Macho-Man" Savage screwing anything? Yoko Ono screwing anything? Hulk Hogan and/or Randy "Macho-Man" Savage screwing Yoko Ono? Hillary Clinton screwing Yoko Ono?

Please somebody, make it stop............................................

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I was trying to think of anything I would hate worse than watching Hulk Hogan screwing ANYTHING.........

Perhaps Randy "Macho-Man" Savage screwing anything? Yoko Ono screwing anything? Hulk Hogan and/or Randy "Macho-Man" Savage screwing Yoko Ono? Hillary Clinton screwing Yoko Ono?

Please somebody, make it stop............................................

im guessing it would look/sound like this...if Randy was still alive of course.

[video=youtube_share;tFAHOgCjbJY]http://youtu.be/tFAHOgCjbJY[/video]

Top Bottom