Just bought a 300Blk upper... can't wait for next year!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Does elevation change my target at all? I plan to hang out on a ridge looking down a slope to the west.

There are very few ridges in Indiana that would require any adjustments, and at 25-100yards you should be fine holding center vital even from an elevated position.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    There are very few ridges in Indiana that would require any adjustments, and at 25-100yards you should be fine holding center vital even from an elevated position.

thanks! You've clearly done some study on your own since that single day of marksmanship training in the navy (it was Navy, right?) you mentioned :D

Last edited:

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    thanks! You've clearly done some study on your own since that single day of marksmanship training in the navy (it was Navy, right?) you mentioned :D

Air Force, but I've been hunting Indiana for over 25 years. The shooting we did was definitely different than ordinary hunting marksmanship.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Everything's assembled. Absolutely love the vortex scope. Hate to wait for next week to shoot it but it is what it is on wether and schedules.

Ggreen sorry about the branch mistake.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Everything's assembled. Absolutely love the vortex scope. Hate to wait for next week to shoot it but it is what it is on wether and schedules.

Ggreen sorry about the branch mistake.

No worries.

Let us know how you like it, I love my 300blk. It's a lot of fun to shoot.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Does elevation change my target at all? I plan to hang out on a ridge looking down a slope to the west.

It will cause your point of impact to be slightly high but as Ggreen said with a rifle and within that range, it wouldn't be enough to worry about with a good zero. If you were to sight in 3" high at 100 yards and then shoot sharply down hill at that distance then you might have a problem with a mid body hold. Personally I prefer a lower 1/3 hold instead of mid body.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Took to the range today. Did not cycle well, bolt kept getting stuck forward. It cycled fine until I started shooting. Only took three shots, seated at a bench from 25y. I lubed it well when I got home and is running better.

I think I'll be able to really dial this thing in. 12MOA adjustment on sight and I should be center punching soon :D

IMG_1962.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Took to the range today. Did not cycle well, bolt kept getting stuck forward. It cycled fine until I started shooting. Only took three shots, seated at a bench from 25y. I lubed it well when I got home and is running better.

I think I'll be able to really dial this thing in. 12MOA adjustment on sight and I should be center punching soon :D

View attachment 61912

You have motivated me. I have 300 BLK fixin's on the way. Couple bottles of lube too. ;)

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    I just ordered a 300 BLK upper from CBC for my wife to use next year. She shot her first doe this year with a Rossi 92 .44 mag, so now she is really into deer hunting.

Dave

Last edited:
    Top Bottom