• ...and so much more!
  • Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Congratulations and also welcome to INGO.

To be honest, I didn't like the Flashbang holster. I had the revolver model, and I found the gun very hard to get in and out of it. I mostly carry my LCR inside the waist of my pants.

macafly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Very nice! I try to butter up my sweetie from time to time also. Backfired once though. We started popping a few clays, but the 12ga pump was a bit much in the recoil area for her, so we hit the gun show and I got her a 20ga. WRONG that SOB kicked harder than the 12. Major nasty bruise. Now looking for semi shotty so we can try the clays again!! Enjoy your fine piece. Sorry, no help in the holster dept.:dunno:
    Cheers!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

mrsmunk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2013
    Seymour, IN
    Very nice! I try to butter up my sweetie from time to time also. Backfired once though. We started popping a few clays, but the 12ga pump was a bit much in the recoil area for her, so we hit the gun show and I got her a 20ga. WRONG that SOB kicked harder than the 12. Major nasty bruise. Now looking for semi shotty so we can try the clays again!! Enjoy your fine piece. Sorry, no help in the holster dept.:dunno:
    Cheers!

Thanks! And Ouch.. I've had that happen lol. I have a 20ga now though (also a gift from my husband) that I really like. He keeps me well armed lol.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Be prepared to purchase a few holster options. Most of us have at least a couple good ideas that turned out less than expected collecting dust in a box. Also, don't forget the importance of a good belt. Sometimes what seems like a bad holster is really. Belt that doesn't provide enough support.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    For what it's worth, I purchased my Flashbang from Sportsman's Guide, and when I called to tell them I wanted to return it, they sent me a prepaid shipping label. I heart Sportsman's Guide. It was there that I ended up getting my holster of choice, a Vega Python suede IWB holster that also can be used as a bra holster in a pinch as long as the top is not too revealing.

My everyday carry holster for my LCR
    579319i_ts.jpg

What it looks like as a bra holster (a bit bulky with my revolver... would be better with a small pistol. I've since changed out my revolver grips to a less-bulky boot grip.).
    205cb869-c34a-4253-aa92-eaa68e66bff3_zps712ede1e.jpg

Last edited:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    For what it's worth, I purchased my Flashbang from Sportsman's Guide, and when I called to tell them I wanted to return it, they sent me a prepaid shipping label. I heart Sportsman's Guide. It was there that I ended up getting my holster of choice, a Vega Python suede IWB holster that also can be used as a bra holster in a pinch as long as the top is not too revealing.

My everyday carry holster for my LCR
    579319i_ts.jpg

What it looks like as a bra holster (a bit bulky with my revolver... would be better with a small pistol. I've since changed out my revolver grips to a less-bulky boot grip.).
    braholster_zps149f588c.jpg
    In that case, make sure your bra is sturdy enough to take the weight of the gun. :):

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Welcome to the forum! Nice valentines day gift, gotta love a man that isn't afraid to arm the woman he loves!

The flash bang holster just doesn't seem like a comfortable way to carry for me. I'm with 88GT on the whole "get a good belt" thing. I carry on my waist more than anything else and it's very comfortable, but also have a Galco ankle holster that I use on very rare occasions.

LOL, holsters are like shoes - you will want a different one for every way you carry. It's always fun to drag my hubby into the LGS to shop holsters. It's the only shopping trip he doesn't seem to mind at all...

mrsmunk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2013
    Seymour, IN
    Yes, my husband has made the belt thing clear.. he likes to make fun of all my flimsy "girl" belts lol.

Thanks for all of the info everyone!

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Yes, my husband has made the belt thing clear.. he likes to make fun of all my flimsy "girl" belts lol.

Thanks for all of the info everyone!
    Those flimsy girl belts will work in a jam. You just have to cinch them tighter. And you'll likely wear them out in 3-6 months, depending on how much you carry. I finally found a Dickie's work belt in the Men's section of our local big box grocery store and it's lasted for about 2 years now, give or take. An IWB set-up might be a little more forgiving for a poorer belt choice, but an OWB that hangs all the weight solely on the belt certainly requires a workhorse.

Top Bottom