• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Noland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Elkhart Co.
    It works great on my ipad but my ipod touch is now painfully slow and my album art disappeared. I did another reset and restore and some of the art came back, maybe 60%.

I warned my daughter against upgrading hers. This is the first new ios that I have been disappointed with.

Bigjon07

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    I have a 3gs and so far (2days) I have not had any problems. I did not notice any difference in operation or battery life. Not sure why the other 3gs are having problems.:dunno:

awittmer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Batesville
    i upgraded my ipad 2 as well as my iphone 4, i never had any issues with my battery, i am a heavy user on my phone and normally its only at 75% by 6 pm, no lag issues whatsoever. I do like all the notification updates that we got though!

defender14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Fishers
    I'm an Android user and developer, I have been making apps for Android for nearly 3 years now, never once had an issue with an OS release.

About a year ago my full time job tasked me with maintaining an iOS application, iOS5 is the first major OS release that I have had to support. Day 1 I had a co worker tell me of a crash in our app, day 2 I could not recreate it (the co worker was out of office), day 3(today) the co worker was back in the office and showed me the issue. Took me 4 hours of banging my head on my desk but I got the problem fixed, it was a problem in the code I was maintaining (not my code :)).

That being said, the iPad 2 that I use to develop with (owned by my employer) doesn't seem to have issues with iOS5 other than the issue mentioned above.

Also as an Android user it has brought me great joy every time a co worker stops by my desk to show me the new iOS5 notifications system
    coworker: "You just slide down from the top bar, and BAM! emails and text messages son!!!"
    me: "... Android has had that for 3 years, ever since they launched..."

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Update:
    In the last week the problems seem to have largely gone away...im wondering if updating apps, has proven to be the key.

zenbruno

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Update:
    In the last week the problems seem to have largely gone away...im wondering if updating apps, has proven to be the key.

I think what you stated above will be part of the eventual resolution for 3GS / iOS 5 users.

Here is a recent CNET article which directly addresses some of the issues that have been talked about in this thread.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    ^^ Seriously bad expectation. Would you load Windows 7 on an old computer and expect it to perform better?

I'm compatible to drive a top fuel dragster. Doesn't mean I'm going to run it as well as the people that are intended to drive them.

I think you're not in the IS/IT industry. Minimum requirements/specs are... well, misleading. Go try to run Win 7 on a machine that exactly meets the minimum requirements and tell us how that works out for you.

Not to mention, from what you are saying your phone is working. It just isn't working how you want it to. Compatible doesn't mean flawless. Which is not surprising since you're running a HUGE ios on a small program.

BAM, this sums it up.

Apple always supports all of their devices but they'll always tell you * Don't expect your old device to be compatible with the new code that is designed to run on new hardware! *

iOS 5 is designed with dual-core chips in mind, it only makes sense the older devices will run like crap. Do a full backup, restore the phone to iOS 4.x.

BUT BUT BUT..... APPLE PRODUCTS ARE TECHNOLOGY PERFECTION INCARNATE! HOW CAN ALL THIS BE TRUE?!?!?!?!?!

Top Bottom