• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    I just wanted to take a minute and introduce you guys to my girlfeind "Lydia". I mention her from time to time, but have never really introduced INGO to her. She is a long time listener, but catches her INGO gossup from me rather than joining.
    We have been together for 7+ years now and the overall aura is pretty good "I think anyway :):". I have known her since we were 10, so when we moved in together a couple of years ago, it wasn't a big shock to her that my gun collection came with. She was a bit surprised by the quantity and that I can list off a handfull of guns I would like to have, but none that I want to get rid of and I get flustered by the thought of it.
    Anywho, we talked about it and I explained that they are for the most part a hobby for me, however if used properly and by the right people they can be the difference between life and death!
    I pulled up several news articles of cases where people legally defended their lives and the lives of others, as well as articles where people where less forunate.
    She comes from a family where guns were basicly not talked about, but bad and may just kill people at random ( or something like that;) ).
    I explained that I would take her out shooting and that she could get familliar with my beretta 92fs, which I chose for its safety options and smooth shooting. If she felt uncomfortable or unsafe then we would drop it and discard it as a bad idea.
    Long story made shorter, she came around full tilt and for the last year and a half or so has been carrying her own P226 that she found and picked out for herself at a gunshow.
    We got her a nice Galco leather purse that has been great, and she has been carrying in that ever since.....
    Untill recently, her Mom who was previously against guns and people anywhere haveing them, has started mentioning it frequently and not in her usuall " Is that, that gun :xmad: ". So her mom comes over the other day and I had my kahr in a glaco pancake holster next to me on the end table, as I was relaxing watching TV at the end of day. Her mom sais, so how often do you carry that gun? I replied with something like "always, they sleep with me too:): ". She looks at Lydia and asked her the same thing and Lydia replied always as well, Her Mom sais well wheres it at? and Lydia sais right here in my purse next to me on the couch, but its loaded and leaves it where it belongs :yesway:.
    Her Mother sais "Good". :n00b: I am thinking, whats the catch and where is this heading, lady I don't bother you:rolleyes:. Her Mom goes on to say that there had been something like 20 breakins and robberies in 30 days in the surrounding area and that either the area was getting worse or she had not been paying attention. She actually, pretty much said that it made her feel better knowing that Lydia carryed and wanted to make sure that she knew how to use it and always had it with her.
    Lydia let her know that we shoot regularly and showed off a few targets she had kept. She also showed her a paddle holster she likes to carry when she goes to the store alone or something.
    Lydia has been moveing away from the purse and carrying in a paddle holster lately because it is comfortable for her and provides a quicker draw. I mentioned that the paddle holster dose not conceal well without her thicker jacket but she informed me that she is excersizing her rights!
    I feel alot better knowing that she is carrying, she's a pretty tough little girl, but little being the key word and I am glad that her Mom has found the good in firearms aswell. I offered to take her shooting and she could see if I had anything that suited her and if not we could find the right one for her. She declined for the moment, but is definatly comeing around.
    (I am out of time so I am going to correct spelling later, sorry)
    j8zg5i.jpg

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    pics three years old. i demand a recent picture. a recent sexy picture....
    Sorry, pic was taken this morning the date on my camera is way off, I think it resets to the date around when I bought it everytime I change the batteries. Sexy pics are a no can do as Miss Lydia is a classy lady.;)
    Thanks for the good words folks, it is being passed on and she is excited to hear the comments.:ingo:

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Very nice! Be sure you both take a training class together, not just shooting at targets. It'll help change the thinking process of how to USE it, not just shoot it.

:yesway:

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    You need to get her into a better carry belt. :twocents: BTW my new GF is much more receptive to the idea of firearms, hence new and old. :D
    LoL-Yeah, she could definatly use a better belt. We probly won't go with anything hitech like your new girlfreinds belt there in your avitar though.:D (It dosn't look very comfortable way up there :):)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom