• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Aside from not having the comic-book blonde hair, Jason Momoa is an excellent choice for the role of Aquaman. First of all, he grew up near/in the water in Hawaii and he was on freakin' Baywatch. He does surly and grouchy really well on screen, which is how Aquaman has been portrayed for the last couple of decades in the comics.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Given how awesome Wonder Woman was, I am optimistic about this!

Wonder Woman was passable up until the end, then I pretty much just wanted to turn it off. I wouldn't have even bothered watching it to begin with after seeing Man of Steel and Dawn of Justice, both of which where purely unwatchable crap (There aren't many movies where I keep thinking to myself while watching them "how did the people that made this think would be good?"), but the reviews were pretty positive and my kids wanted to see it.

I won't be see Justice League until my kids beg to watch it on DVD. Even then, I might just turn it on for them and go do something else.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Wonder Woman was passable up until the end, then I pretty much just wanted to turn it off. I wouldn't have even bothered watching it to begin with after seeing Man of Steel and Dawn of justice, both of which where purely unwatchable crap (There aren't many movies where I keep thinking to myself while watching them "how did the people that made this think would be good?"), but the reviews were pretty positive and my kids wanted to see it.

I won't be see Justice League until my kids beg to watch it on DVD. Even then, I might just turn it on for them and go do something else.

We must have completely different expectations and comic book movie preferences. We saw the same movie and reached opposite conclusions!

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I'll be seeing in opening weekend! I was a DC comic freak as a kid and dealing love the characters on the big screan.
    And for the record. WW was GREAT!

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Spoiler warning!!!!!

Just saw it. Here's my take by ranking the DCEU movies for now​

1.) Man of Steel

2.) UE BvS and Wonder Woman​

3.) Justice League​

4.) Green Lantern and Suicide Squad​

The movie is too short. Movie score is unimmersive and unoriginal. I felt like watching DCEU Marvel edition. I miss the scene where the hero shines. A moment where there is intensity, I'm not talking about just action scene, but a tense moment. No man's land, the kryptonite spear stabbing and the world engine destroyed by Superman scenes were hero moments that most Marvel are severely lacking (Except for Spiderman 2 train scene). JL had just hint of those moments. I miss where the movie was immersive throughout. When the movie was done, I thought, "that was it?" Reminds me of a satire ending of Idle Hands where Seth Green was saying that line. And the weak score wasn't helping an already shorten movie.

The moment where Clark was reunited with Lois and Martha, there should have been more emotion through the music score, but it was weak.Danny Elfman failed in this aspect IMO. DCEU has been know for immersive tracks from Hans Zimmer.

No doubt Superman was badass. I'm just sadden that the studio has caved to the critics, but as it turns out, it didn't help movie and not doing a service to it's fan base that it has created. They also caved in on losing that identity that separates them but instead joined to be like Marvel (Money talks). Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Marvel, but they are just that, enjoyable. Not that same as indulging. We watched Man of Steel and UE BvS over the weekend so we can feel the continuity when watching JL. We left the theater wanting more, we were unsatisfied. Slightly disappointed.

Bartman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I just saw this movie tonight. My wife and I both thoroughly enjoyed it, and she's not a comic nerd like I am. I've seen criticism that the characters aren't as well developed as the MCU counterparts. But then the DCU didn't have as many movies leading up to the big team up. And they did try to get too much done in too short a time. But what are you going to do? I read online that the original Zack Snyder cut was close to 3 hours long. I would have loved another hour of this film. But because of complaints about the length of the previous DC films, the studio mandated that the movie could not be more than 2 hours long. So it doesn't surprise me that they had to cut some corners.

I'll be looking for an excuse to see it a second time.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    ^That's what the studios are targeting now, an audience like your wife. Many were disappointed with MOS and BvS because it had to many references where a regular movie goer could not get. Now, it's just a shallow action movie.

Last edited:

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I had a lot of excitement for this lovie after how amazing wonder woman was. But damn this movie was so disappointing. It was just ok. When Batman was beating up that guy for no reason at the beginning his movement was Soo awkward and weird like a cut scene from an ok video game. The action at the end was meh

It was just really lack luster. Plus no reference to the suicide squad. And this is a nit pick but green lantern was was a founding fathers of the league and they left him out. I get it the GL movie was terrible. So I get it. I was just a little sad.

Over all I would give this movie a 5.5 out of 10

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm hoping I won't be disappointed. I think I'll be in luck because I enjoyed "Green Lantern," so my standards must be low!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Saw it today. It was OK. It just felt rushed, like they jumped into the group movie too fast and they just brought back Superman too easily. I did like the reference that Bruce Wayne made to Clark being the most human (back to the point that Kal chooses to wear the mask of Clark).

The character development just isn't there overall for me though like Marvel has taken the time to do.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Spoiler warning!!!!!

Just saw it. Here's my take by ranking the DCEU movies for now​

1.) Man of Steel

2.) UE BvS and Wonder Woman​

3.) Justice League​

4.) Green Lantern and Suicide Squad​

I thought Man of Steel was pretty much unwatchable. Batman vs Superman was somehow even worse. Wonder Woman was fair for the first half. I didn't like Suicide Squad that much, but it was the best of all of them.

I don't know what it is, but I hate these movies. They are so bad that the entire time I'm watching them I wonder what the people that made them were thinking.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    ^That's pretty bad when you thought that Suicide Squad was better than the others when it was actually bad. Green Lantern was better than SS. But then again, everyone is different.

Top Bottom