• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Saw it today. It was OK. It just felt rushed, like they jumped into the group movie too fast and they just brought back Superman too easily. I did like the reference that Bruce Wayne made to Clark being the most human (back to the point that Kal chooses to wear the mask of Clark).

The character development just isn't there overall for me though like Marvel has taken the time to do.

Well, there's a problem there on how they made Clark Kent back when he was on the newspaper declared dead, and a lot of people attended his funeral.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am taking the 10 year old G-Daughter to the traders point AMC tomorrow to see an animated feature of her choosing. Justice League is also there. This might be a double feature day...:cool:

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I thought Man of Steel was pretty much unwatchable. Batman vs Superman was somehow even worse. Wonder Woman was fair for the first half. I didn't like Suicide Squad that much, but it was the best of all of them.

I don't know what it is, but I hate these movies. They are so bad that the entire time I'm watching them I wonder what the people that made them were thinking.

I am right there with you.

Now, I loved the Christian Bale Batman movies, even liked Green Lantern with Ryan Reynolds. I also thought Superman Returns was better than the recent Superman movies. I am going to wait for Justice League to come to Dish as I have zero interest in seeing this in the theaters.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I'm hoping I won't be disappointed. I think I'll be in luck because I enjoyed "Green Lantern," so my standards must be low!

I'm like you. If it entertains me, then it is good enough, and I find watching paint dry to be reasonably entertaining. After reading the other reviews, I think movies are probably more fun for those of us with low standards. I'm taking the kids today and don't doubt we will have a blast.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yeah, I’m a go to the movies guy but I’m skipping this one. (Already have my tickets for star wars imax)

If the trailers are typically the best bits of a movie to build anticipation this looks a dark, horrible, CGI ****fest.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK....took the 10 year old to AMC to see Coco. 10:35 show. It was freaking packed. We got the last 2 side by side seats and they were B-6 and B-7. @nd row middle and that is way to close to the screen. I looked at the line for Justice league when we left and passed.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I freakin' loved the movie!
    No, it wasn't perfect but to see my childhood comic heroes on the big screen was something I've waited 40 years for.
    Won't hesitate to buy the DVD.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Disappointing when Joss Whedon fails. At his best, his work is among the best ever.

For me, he failed. He might not for you. And just like others, they'll love this trimmed down movie. It is entertaining, no doubt. That's not my complaint. The movie was like a good pizza, the toppings made it look appetizing, but once you take a bite, there was hardly any cheese or pizza sauce underneath it. That's what the movie was like to me. If they had kept this at it's original runtime. It would have explained how Clark got back to society. What Steppenwolf's reason behind for acquiring the mother boxes, Cyborg's origin story (I know he'll have his own movie. But at least get him some traction in the movie).

As for movie score, Danny failed a lot. Even in his interview, he admitted it was a rushed job, hence the lack of originality and creativity. He'll he didn't even respect the trio's score but instead went back to the 80's and 90's. Talk about being lazy.

If ever they'll release this on BD as a complete movie (restore the deleted scenes or a director's cut version), then I'll be happy, just like the Ultimate edition of Supes vs Batsy.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    And I'm glad that Joss Whedon never got to make Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman: Joss Whedon?s Version Was Very Different | Collider

I don't dislike him, he just doesn't fit to be in DCEU IMO. When he took over Justice League, the movie became an alternate Avengers. It lacked an identity. Even the soundtrack had some hint of Toby McGuire's spidey and The Avengers movie. This is what killed the movie for me. Before Whedon and Elfman stepped in, DCEU has very distinct movie tone and soundtracks.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    https://superherotalksite.wordpress...ion-and-all-deleted-scenes-of-justice-league/

WB executives, Joss Whedon and Danny Elfman ****ed up this movie.

Well that and trying to cram too much material into too short of a story arc. Yes, you can do 3 hour movies, or you can not try and play catch up and develop the characters along the way over a longer story arc, more movies, TV, etc. Reading the info in that URL definitely confirms my feelings that things were just too rushed in the movie and that there was more that was going to be there. Having villains who want to destroy everything without some info on why (which per the article there looked to be some good stuff there before it got cut), and having heroes that don't have good back story and more of a reason to come together becomes very 1 dimensional.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    And I'm glad that Joss Whedon never got to make Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman: Joss Whedon?s Version Was Very Different | Collider

I don't dislike him, he just doesn't fit to be in DCEU IMO. When he took over Justice League, the movie became an alternate Avengers. It lacked an identity. Even the soundtrack had some hint of Toby McGuire's spidey and The Avengers movie. This is what killed the movie for me. Before Whedon and Elfman stepped in, DCEU has very distinct movie tone and soundtracks.

That makes sense. He did excellent work with Avengers, but . . . as you point out, Justice League is the Avengers or anything like them.

I also didn't know that Steppenwolf was the main bad guy! Does Darkseid even make an appearance? (Thanos is a ripoff of Darkseid in my opinion, BTW). After Legion of Super-Heroes, The New Gods, Forever People, and Mister Miracle were my favorite groups in the DC universe.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Sorry for the spoilers man. No, no Darkseid appearance, Steppenwolf just mentioned his name.

Eh, I don't get worked-up over spoilers. I'm the kind of guy who can read the last few pages of a book first, then still enjoy reading it from the beginning.

Top Bottom