• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    It's grown to be one of my all-time favorites. I was born and raised in the mid-eastern part of Kentucky and the similarities between Justified and the Kentucky of my youth are many. Granted, we never had daily gunfights or organized crime to the extent the show portrays, but they've completely nailed many of the subtle social dynamics so prevalent in that region.

I lived in California for several years and that seems to take away from the overall experience when they employ shots done out there. I mean, rural California is never going to look like rural eastern Kentucky, regardless of how run down they make the house trailers look or or how many coon hounds they have lying in the yard. It still looks like Cali. I would like to see an episode that was actually filmed in eastern Kentucky. Oddly enough, they didn't even film the pilot in Kentucky, instead using Kittanning, Pennsylvania as a stand-in for Harlan. Then again, Harlan's a pretty rough town and probably isn't the best of places for a fancy-pants Hollywood film crew to spend the night. The locals tend to be fiercely private and don't seem much interested in disarming and hanging out at Starbucks.

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    The last eps was great .. I had to freeze frame the big shoot out just to LOL at how scared Boyd's character really looked! :)

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Never miss it! Lived down there for a while and they really hit the nail on the head with some of the character portrayals. Wished it was filmed in Ky though instead of Kalifornia.

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    My favorite show of all-time! This weeks episode was epic with the soon to be legendary shootout scene and the surprise death of Arlo

Stop! No spoilers, lol!

I spent a lot of time in Lexington and Nicholasville, and been down that way some. It is definitely not a place for tourists, unless you stick to the State Forest and are careful where you hike to.

On a softer note, has anyone else suspected that Ava Crowder's, er, twins have grown a bit since last season?

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    On a softer note, has anyone else suspected that Ava Crowder's, er, twins have grown a bit since last season?

I just think they are dolling her up a bit. I miss Rayland's ex wife. She reminded me of so many women I worked with in Lexington. Kentucky has more blondes than Kalifoenia I think! She's on a new series now called " The Following". Very pretty lady.

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    That would be Natalie Zea as Winona. She is a stunner.

justified-winona.jpg

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    That would be Natalie Zea as Winona. She is a stunner.

justified-winona.jpg

She looks so much like my Unit Manager when I worked at UK. :drool:
    I saw her on an episode of Two and a Half Men too. She was dressed pretty slutty on that show but still had that killer look and accent.

red46239

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    SE Indy
    Justified is one of my favorites. FX has put a ton of good shows out there over the past several years... Sons of Anarchy, The Shield, Rescue Me, Nip/Tuck... All excellent.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    New season bump.:rockwoot:

For those wishing for more shooting/action, the season premiere doesn't disappoint. The body count has to be a show record.:draw:

Whoever does the casting for the show is a genius. Their prominent use of comedians in a dramatic series is great. Patton Oswalt was great last season and Will Sasso and Rob Corddry are great in the premiere.

The is also a very nice tribute at the beginning to the late Elmore Leonard.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    New season bump.:rockwoot:

For those wishing for more shooting/action, the season premiere doesn't disappoint. The body count has to be a show record.:draw:

Whoever does the casting for the show is a genius. Their prominent use of comedians in a dramatic series is great. Patton Oswalt was great last season and Will Sasso and Rob Corddry are great in the premiere.

The is also a very nice tribute at the beginning to the late Elmore Leonard.

and david koechner as raylan partner in florida plus we get amy smart this season, and the "new crow clan"

my fav shows on tv
    sons of anarchy
    justified
    walking dead
    archer(you have to laugh sometimes)

plus i suggest a new drinking game,
    everytime boyd gets blood on his face you do a shot of whiskey!
    everytime raylan shoots somebody you do a shot of burbon! (pappy van winkle)
    and everytime raylan nails a blonde you do a shot of apple pie!

i imagine you'll be dead after the first episode!

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    and david koechner as raylan partner in florida plus we get amy smart this season, and the "new crow clan"

I meant Koechner, don't know where I pulled Rob Corddry from. Other than they could be twins, born 10 years or so apart. Hell, he will probably get used next season.:D

Top Bottom