• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If she really wants to help, she should jump in front of one.
    IKR. I'm imaging a future in which she is no longer anywhere near the position she currently occupies after she fell into it despite her gross incompetence and unlikability.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    And there are thousands of videos of standard cars burning on the side of the road. Electric buses make a ton of sense for dense urban areas. Just because horrible people propose it doesn't mean it is itself horrible.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    And there are thousands of videos of standard cars burning on the side of the road. Electric buses make a ton of sense for dense urban areas. Just because horrible people propose it doesn't mean it is itself horrible.
    Locally, IndyGo has a few of them. Safety concerns aside, just like all public transit here, I'm certain they're a net loss to all of us. If they had to fund themselves entirely on ridership, there would be no mass transit here or likely most anywhere else.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Didn't IndyGo do that recently and end up having to park some fossil fuel generators in a parking lot up around Nora somewhere to charge the buses because they didn't have enough juice to run the route? :nuts:

Burn diesel to charge your electric bus, that's ESG stonks alright. I actually think electric buses could be perfectly fine, as long as they're employed properly and not stupidly. Every light rail and subway in the US runs on electric just fine.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Every light rail and subway in the US runs on electric just fine.
    Electric, yes. But the power is delivered to those by either energized tracks or onboard diesel generators (locomotives). They have no dense electrical energy storage ( batteries ) on board.
    Tanks full of diesel fuel don’t usually just explode they simply burn energetically.

It is the incredible speed of battery decomposition that is so scary and it all can start with a very small short.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    It is the incredible speed of battery decomposition that is so scary and it all can start with a very small short.
    That's the the exact point I was making. All vehicles can a do burn. Which is safer for you kids to ride on?

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Electric, yes. But the power is delivered to those by either energized tracks or onboard diesel generators (locomotives). They have no dense electrical energy storage ( batteries ) on board.
    Tanks full of diesel fuel don’t usually just explode they simply burn energetically.

Yep. I am hopeful that these issues can eventually be addressed through engineering. Buses actually have an advantage in having the battery bank on the roof, you should be able to design a bus cab to safely survive catastrophic battery failure. Sort of like how an M1 tank has a fireproof bulkhead and blowout panels for ammo cookoff.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    It's complicated. EV buses sometimes make sense. Often they do not. There are a lot of factors at play.

I don't have time to lay it all out now, but will come back to this later.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    It's complicated. EV buses sometimes make sense. Often they do not. There are a lot of factors at play.

I don't have time to lay it all out now, but will come back to this later.

I would submit that if they made sense, the market would bring them instead of .gov plundering taxpayers to force them.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I am a firm believer that if and when the application of electric vehicles makes sense, they will be purchased and used by people in a free market. They will not have to be subsidized. They will not require 100's of millions in taxpayer funded promotions to get people to think positively about them. They darn sure not require any laws forcing them. Until those 3 things are met, they are still not a viable product.

By the way, The Dairy company in Gary, Indiana started electric delivery vehicles before the great depression. If one did not make it home from the route, a gasoline truck was dispatched to tow it home so the problem could be identified. They worked for years, until the city got too big for the range of the vehicles.

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    I cannot stand listening to that bitch talk and then she laughs and says, "yes that's billion with a B" :xmad::xmad::xmad: This government throws billions around like its nothing and most people are too dumb or just don't give a **** because their face is buried in their phone.....:wallbash:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    This government throws billions around like its nothing and most people are too dumb or just don't give a **** because their face is buried in their phone.....:wallbash:
    Unfortunately, that’s exactly what is happening.

In a perfect world, under NO circumstances would anything this dumb c*** or any of her handlers had to say would be taken for anything other than the joke it is.

But, we’re in bizzaro world.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot!

**** Joe Biden!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Locally, IndyGo has a few of them. Safety concerns aside, just like all public transit here, I'm certain they're a net loss to all of us. If they had to fund themselves entirely on ridership, there would be no mass transit here or likely most anywhere else.
    Pretty sure most people admit mass transit is another subsidy for the lower class

Top Bottom