• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So if Uncle Sam is giving out down payments I want one for some river property to make a camp?

Man if we only find a center right populist President that could help everyone by getting the economy going, fighting foreign countries trade issues and treaties, try new ways to find peace with old enemies, limit our wars to what is necessary, attempt to stop illegal immigration and improve our border security, lower the unemployment rate for all minority groups and women so the pay and wealth gaps can close, cut the corporate tax rate and keep companies in the US instead of moving overseas.

One day maybe we can find somebody like that and Kut and Alpo can vote for them?

:lmfao:.....
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10211451189613588&set=a.10204853433313804&type=3

You have to have a FB account to see the link.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    She's talking about making grants not loans.

Her plan is that the Federal government (Meaning the productive working class that actually pay taxes) would make the downpayment for first-time homebuyers on houses in neighborhoods that were previously redlined.

If you don't have to make the downpayment, and then you only have to borrow 80 - 90% of the value of the house (Again, these programs already exist) (because the rest was paid by Uncle Sam), the chance of defaulting on the loan is greatly reduced. Beyond that, the chances of being upside down in the loan are much smaller, too, so another financial crisis caused by these loans is unlikely. (IF the new homeowner has a stable job and can afford the payments - which is not and has not been the case in the past.) Typically, folks in low-income housing have not had the best record when it comes to improving the property value of their home nor the properties around them.

Her goal is to move more poor people to the side where they are likely to be able to repay the loan and actually purchase their own homes. I don't think this is a good way to accomplish that goal, but it isn't because I worry about these grants leading to more loan defaults.

Comments in red. Bottom line... when you are "given" something, you're less likely to take care of it and/or improve it than if you have to actually work for it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Comments in red. Bottom line... when you are "given" something, you're less likely to take care of it and/or improve it than if you have to actually work for it.

Bingo. And the people looking for this hand out are in the gimme line constantly.

My spouse (CKW) was involved with the habitat for humanity cause for several years.They took up abandoned or troubled property's, refurbished them to turn key modernized houses.I was also involved doing HVAC and electrical up-grades. Of the 5 or 6 we were involved with only 1 is still in fair shape and has the same people it was given to living there. The rest are crap now. These programs are just not having the results they intended. Section 8 is the same insanity.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Bingo. And the people looking for this hand out are in the gimme line constantly.

My spouse (CKW) was involved with the habitat for humanity cause for several years.They took up abandoned or troubled property's, refurbished them to turn key modernized houses.I was also involved doing HVAC and electrical up-grades. Of the 5 or 6 we were involved with only 1 is still in fair shape and has the same people it was given to living there. The rest are crap now. These programs are just not having the results they intended. Section 8 is the same insanity.

They treat them as "rentals". They're given this tremendous opportunity but since they don't have any skin in the game, they let them go to ****.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    So if Uncle Sam is giving out down payments I want one for some river property to make a camp?

Man if we only find a center right populist President that could help everyone by getting the economy going, fighting foreign countries trade issues and treaties, try new ways to find peace with old enemies, limit our wars to what is necessary, attempt to stop illegal immigration and improve our border security, lower the unemployment rate for all minority groups and women so the pay and wealth gaps can close, cut the corporate tax rate and keep companies in the US instead of moving overseas.

One day maybe we can find somebody like that and Kut and Alpo can vote for them?

Hey I would vote for a guy like that! IF ONLY!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Hey I would vote for a guy like that! IF ONLY!

353292.jpg
    [/URL]via Imgflip Meme Generator[/IMG]

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    They treat them as "rentals". They're given this tremendous opportunity but since they don't have any skin in the game, they let them go to ****.

In truth many do not have "Home Owner Skills".

They have zero idea that the gutters will need to be cleaned. Thats why the little maple trees are growing in them.
    Filter changes.....what is that. That is done for us right. Clean the outdoor A/C coil........how do I do that. It should be done by the maint people right.

And the funds to actually maintain a home. Why do I have to buy a lawnmower. And a rake. I have no idea how to run a weed eater.

I have heard all of this and so much more.

But they are all sporting high dollar Nike gear and $1K cell phones.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

I voted for Bush and his dad. Reasonable choices beget reasonable voters.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So I am seeing all this stuff about Trump saying some ridiculous things in his July 4th speech. I can not find any references beyond the typical lefty Bravo Sierra. Something about airports etc and George Washington.

Yeah, he claimed it was a teleprompter glitch (and it very well could've been) and he said the word "airports" when talking about the revolutionary war. In fairness, Obama was criticized for his use of teleprompters but I think they're pretty much the standard for public speaking. I honestly think the Trump gaffe (I haven't heard it yet) sounds hilarious and it's already spawned some good memes. :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah, he claimed it was a teleprompter glitch (and it very well could've been) and he said the word "airports" when talking about the revolutionary war. In fairness, Obama was criticized for his use of teleprompters but I think they're pretty much the standard for public speaking. I honestly think the Trump gaffe (I haven't heard it yet) sounds hilarious and it's already spawned some good memes. :):

Those suffering terminal TDS on the book of faces are running hard with this.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area

I find that interesting, in a sad way. Did they not pre-qualify the new owner and require sweat equity on those properties like they do for new builds?

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Alpo,

Maybe President Tump will work on prison reform would that be a step in the right direction to win you over?

I hope you don’t wait fo Nicki Haley in 2024?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I find that interesting, in a sad way. Did they not pre-qualify the new owner and require sweat equity on those properties like they do for new builds?

I will be kind and just say no. Some helped in the humanity thing but nothing beyond carry this and move that.
    The section 8 morons get vetted and a set of keys to the magic kingdom. They can destroy the house and receive no repercussions. The Feds will pay to put it right again.

When you are raised in a cultural bubble of hand outs you make no effort to expand your horizons. Some do. I know a few really fine people that escaped this. But you have to want it.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I will be kind and just say no. Some helped in the humanity thing but nothing beyond carry this and move that.
    The section 8 morons get vetted and a set of keys to the magic kingdom. They can destroy the house and receive no repercussions. The Feds will pay to put it right again.

When you are raised in a cultural bubble of hand outs you make no effort to expand your horizons. Some do. I know a few really fine people that escaped this. But you have to want it.

New slogan!

"Just say no to asshats!"

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom