• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    How in the hell can a gun make it this far in production with a problem like this?

Didn't they test it with diffrent bullet weights, brands, and velocities?
    It's not like people handload the stuff.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    I am personally so sick and tired of everything about this firearm!! It works, it doesn't work, it's shipping, but not shipping quite yet, now it's shipping, well there are 3 different versions shipping, make sure your customers send back their early versions, Okay we're still shipping guns that have problems, but don't worry we'll have this fixed in a few days, till the next issue arises. ANGRY FACE!!

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Yeah. I hate those American companies that make inexpensive, lightweight, innovative designs, service them forever, and don't run away from taking a public relations hit in order to make their products right. DARN you, Kel Tec!!

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Yeah. I hate those American companies that make inexpensive, lightweight, innovative designs, service them forever, and don't run away from taking a public relations hit in order to make their products right. DARN you, Kel Tec!!

Oh, I'll give them credit for fixing thr problems, no doubt.
    But the cause of this is from a design flaw! One that in this day and age SHOULD NOT HAPPEN. This is clearly because they didn't test the product enough and rushed it on to shelves.

Hoosier9

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011

If they made toasters or garden tools, this would be an awesome business model. Releasing self-defense products to the market with design flaws, to be tested by unsuspecting consumers? Not so much.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    It is a machine

Guns that break & have malfunctions will get you killed when carrying them for self-defence

Everything (especially mass produced) made by man WILL break. Nothing lasts forever. I've never heard of "any" gun model that did not have some type of problem. Name one model of gun that has been produced and never needed some type of repair or modification. If you want a weapon that cannot fail, will not misfire, break or jam ... pick up a rock.

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    This.
    Guns that break & have malfunctions will get you killed when carrying them for self-defence

Releasing self-defense products to the market with design flaws, to be tested by unsuspecting consumers? Not so much.
    Why the **** would you carry a PMR 30 for self defense?
    The PMR -30 is a training and target pistol. Anybody dumb enough to carry .22magnum for self defense probably shouldn't be carrying a gun at all.

If you guys aren't aware of it yet, Kel-Tec is one of the FEW in this industry that actually LISTEN to their customers and make guns that people ask for, instead of doing like other companies do, and copy designs left and right with no regard as to what gun buyers want.

mikerccie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Indy - North Side
    I owned (for about 2 days) a complete AR upper I bought at a gun show that would key hole at 50 yards. I told the prospective new owner that it keyholed, showed him the target and he said he could fix it. I sold it at cost and wished him luck.

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    This.

If you guys aren't aware of it yet, Kel-Tec is one of the FEW in this industry that actually LISTEN to their customers and make guns that people ask for, instead of doing like other companies do, and copy designs left and right with no regard as to what gun buyers want.

Hi - Can you give an example? I am not trying to be smart. I seriously do not know what they do with customer feedback.:dunno:

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    This.

Why the **** would you carry a PMR 30 for self defense?
    The PMR -30 is a training and target pistol. Anybody dumb enough to carry .22magnum for self defense probably shouldn't be carrying a gun at all.

Lets not turn this into a caliber war. I would never call anyone dumb for carrying a certain caliber. Everyone has their favorites for a reason. A guy I know just loves his Phoenix 22 and carries it everywhere. Personally I don't want to get shot with a BB gun. Anyway..When Kel Tec introduced the PMR30 I was sure there would be issues with it. Look how long it's been since a 22 mag auto has been manuf. They'll get it straightened out. Sure if I was to have bought one I wouldn't be very happy but I would have gone into the purchase knowing there could be some issues with basically a new design in the gun world.

Last edited:

Sigasaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Plainfield
    Has this been confirmed 100% wouldn't be the first time a vicious rumor surfaced over the pmr 30. personally I own only 1 kel-tec and it is the pmr 30. I love this gun and have never had a single issue with it. And they send a card in the box telling specifically what ammo to use. Maybe people shouldn't be so cheap and spend the extra 2 bucks on the cci maxi mag rounds.

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    I wouldn't call someone dumb for carrying a small caliber for self defense. There are many reasons for someone carrying a small caliber. Maybe they can't handle or are just not comfortable carrying a larger firearm, maybe due to age or physical limitations. A 22 in the pocket is better than a 45 in the drawer at home. Lets not discourage someone from a smaller caliber if thats all they can handle, lets incourage them to be accurate and be able to safetly handle said firearm. Am I saying a 22 is better than a 9, 40, 45, 38, 357..No, never has been never will be but if thats all someone can accurately/safetly us by all means carry it. Just help inform them on it's limitations. If there wasn't a call for these types of firearms then manufactures would produce them. Look how long 25's have been around.......

Apparently he is not aware that the Israeli Moussad used to carry Beretta 70S in 22lr. For all we know they still do:dunno:

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country

Yes its good that they are fixing it, but when this has happened for darn near every gun they have released I like to throw the caution flag. This is clearly a problem that should have been found and fixed way before production on any scale. :twocents:

Kel-tec could be a great company, but not if they keep releasing this crap.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I own a P-11 and wouldn't trade it for anything!!!!, I would like to have one of each of every gun made by Kel-Tec, my next Kel-Tec purchase WILL be a P-32, and any other I can convince the finance dept to fund! ...... PLR-16!!!!

Top Bottom