• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Everything (especially mass produced) made by man WILL break. Nothing lasts forever. I've never heard of "any" gun model that did not have some type of problem. Name one model of gun that has been produced and never needed some type of repair or modification. If you want a weapon that cannot fail, will not misfire, break or jam ... pick up a rock.

It's just that KEL-TEC guns tend to break more often than other makers:D

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    No problems here.

I own four kel-tecs (P3AT, PLR-22, PLR-16 and PMR 30). Guess I am really lucky, have had zero problems with any of them. I've plinked a few times with the PMR 30, will have to pay closer attention to the targets for keyhole problem. I didn't really notice any issues, just a fun accurate new gun that was fun to shoot. I know others that have had problems but were taken care of by the manufacturer. I like the fact that they are an American company and seem to stand behind their work and don't charge an arm and a leg for their product. They do have some pretty innovative ideas and some cool firearms. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I own four kel-tecs (P3AT, PLR-22, PLR-16 and PMR 30). Guess I am really lucky, have had zero problems with any of them. I've plinked a few times with the PMR 30, will have to pay closer attention to the targets for keyhole problem. I didn't really notice any issues, just a fun accurate new gun that was fun to shoot. I know others that have had problems but were taken care of by the manufacturer. I like the fact that they are an American company and seem to stand behind their work and don't charge an arm and a leg for their product. They do have some pretty innovative ideas and some cool firearms. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I've own two KEL-TEC & both blew in my hands:xmad: They fired out of chamber, but my other 9MM shot the same ammo without any problems

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Wow. Some of you act, like some companies are just perfect. That every product they ship is perfect. People make mistakes, mechanical components fail, get over it. I have a Kel-Tec product and love it.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yes, yes, we know.

Personally, I'm not concerned with what happened to yours and your cousin's kel tecs. Really I couldn't care less.

I know which ones that I do have been great. For the price, they're great. I don't shoot a SU16 like an AR and I don't treat a sub2k like an MP5.

I'll probably get a PMR 30 down the road. Or the carbine that may or may not make the catalog.

They are not in the same class of firearms of any other manufacturer - US built or imported. You can't get what they offer from any other manufacturer. They're golden in my book.

It's not that they're an American company, I don't buy american for the sake of it. Their guns are unique, and in their own classification.

They will get the PMR right, when I have confidence in it, I'll look for it.

Farslayer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    I was very close to getting a PMR-30 about a month ago but decided to hold off due to issues I had read about with this gun. I'm glad I did. I still want one but I'll continue to wait and see if Kel-Tec can iron out the bugs.

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    It isn't just KT - remember Ruger had issues with the SR9 and LCP.
    Exactly. And they aren't the only ones. Browning, Colt, all the big name brands have all had recalls.
    Wow. Some of you act, like some companies are just perfect. That every product they ship is perfect. People make mistakes, mechanical components fail, get over it. I have a Kel-Tec product and love it.
    Just because Kel-Tec makes guns that are different than what you are used to seeing, and they have production issues, people want to dismiss them.

Hi - Can you give an example? I am not trying to be smart. I seriously do not know what they do with customer feedback.:dunno:
    Sure. Watch. Any Nutnfancy subscriber will tell you Kel Tec listens to their customers. As a matter of fact, Nutnfancy, whom I feel has a pretty good handle on things that work, and things that don't, has brought issues he has had with Kel-Tec guns to the attention of Kel-Tec, and they have fixed them. One example is a single point sling attachment on the KSG. In his recent Eat Lead series, one in which he hosted Chad from Kel-Tec, (as well as the RFB, KSG, and PMR30), they were testing a single point sling attachment. Honestly, Kel-Tec is small enough, you call them up with ideas, you are more likely to be heard than by Remington, FN Herstal, or Colt.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAcl-zZPvxA[/ame]
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATtib_c_n2U[/ame]
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W638QRLqUyc[/ame]

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    So can we go start a 1911 vs Glock or an XD vs Glock thread now so we can get the same narrow minded opinions on virtually the same subject? I have handled several kel tecs and even carried kel tecs. Further more I regret selling my kel tec. Every time I squeezed the trigger the gun went bang exactly where I was aiming. Somebody mentioned a kel tec blowing up on them, guess what there is a pretty expensive brand of gun out of Austria that supposedly does that with quite frequency. I understand a dealers frustration as far as shipping dates changing but to those end consumers complaining about kel tec how many of you have actually owned one?

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    So can we go start a 1911 vs Glock or an XD vs Glock thread now so we can get the same narrow minded opinions on virtually the same subject? I have handled several kel tecs and even carried kel tecs. Further more I regret selling my kel tec. Every time I squeezed the trigger the gun went bang exactly where I was aiming. Somebody mentioned a kel tec blowing up on them, guess what there is a pretty expensive brand of gun out of Austria that supposedly does that with quite frequency. I understand a dealers frustration as far as shipping dates changing but to those end consumers complaining about kel tec how many of you have actually owned one?

If you want to own a kel-tec, good for you, but I'm not going to lose the ability to self gratification by letting a kel-tec blow up in my right hand;):D:laugh:

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    If you want to own a kel-tec, good for you, but I'm not going to lose the ability to self gratification by letting a kel-tec blow up in my right hand;):D:laugh:

Good on you you have a legitimate complaint, but there are plenty of glock owners with kabooms that go right back to them.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I really don't think Kel-Tec is the highest quality firearm... but I do have a Sub 2000 that shoots great and has never hiccuped.

Top Bottom