• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Kel-Tec saves you money by letting you do some of the finishing.

I haven't done any fluffing to my gun. I have however refinished the slide, a nice Nickel Boron Nitride finish is all I want to do to it. I think I have around 500 rounds though it and not one failure. I trust it and it does not need a thing done to make it function better.

Plisken

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Under the radar
    I have the p-32 wich i carry most. Im looking at the pf9. I shot one and its not that bad. There not target guns to use at the range all day. There personal defence weapons. Carry alot and shot little just enuff to stay proficiant with them For what its worth.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    I had to send my P3-AT back to the factory for FTF and FTE. Basically needed a fluff and buff. WOW, they completely rebuilt/refinished the pistol. I had to check the serial number just to make certain it was mine!

Absolutely no problems since. Fires like a tack driver...every time. Best value for the $$, even if you have to send it back for a fluff n' buff. :twocents:

CitizenX

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Tippecanoe
    My P32 worked great right out of the box. It's a 1st generation. Been flawless for a little over 1200 rounds so far. Shoot it at least once a month. :)

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    My PF-9 started having extraction issues a few months back. Started being a real pain, so I called Kel Tec. They sent me a new extractor, screw and spring, free of charge...seems to have cured the problem, however it's made me wary of it's performance when I may really need it.

Good price, excellent size for CC, so-so quality. You decide.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    steer clear of the PF-9. bad kick, very inaccurate. bought mine new, sold it a month later for 150$ took a hit but i wanted it gone.

Dude! Did you just say that!!??
    I did the very same thing. I took the hit and traded a dealer who gave me $150.

I know it can be offensive to those who own and carry one. And perhaps they have had zero problems. But when I was having problems I kept hearing just send it in the factory and they'll fix it. I was very relieved to get rid of that thing and would never buy another Kel-Tec.
    It was nice to buy a similar gun that came from the factory and didn't need fixing. My LC9 eats every thing I put down the pipe and carries just as good.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    I carry a pf9, At first it was having some FTExtract issues, polished the chamber and a drop of loctite on the ejector spring screw. BINGO!!! not an issue. I have 2 handguns that have NEVER had an issue or hiccup, a cz75 and a kt32

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    My only experience with Kel Tec is with my P3AT. It's been a solid, reliable handgun out of the box and a good value for the money I spent on it. I figure it's gotta' be a good pistol design, as Ruger and I.O. (the Hellcat model) look to be near direct copies of it! :)

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    There OK

My experience with Kel-Tecs.
    Good guns for the money, not good guns for inexperienced gun owners.
    Reason is, they usually require some finishing on the owners part.
    Kel-Tecs customer service, is the best there is. This is a good thing, as you
    will probably need it.
    If you want a gun for CC, their two 9mm's and P-32 model, are very small and easy to carry. None of the above are pleasurable shooters. They are pistols you buy to carry and not shoot alot.
    The owner will have a lot to do with their reliablity.

cerebus85

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    I had the p-11 the trigger did take some getting used to and once it was done it was done. Not saying it was a pistol, it just didnt serve my purpose as well as i hoped. traded that bad boy out and never looked back

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I've had a P-11 several years now and never had a problem with it. Very simple design, easy to take apart and clean. It used to be my EDC until I put my Beretta Nano into operation after 700 rds. I did my own trigger spring work and was able to get it down to about 5.5-6.0 lbs.

rwhitmore8

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    The United States of America
    I have owned more than one keltec. In my opinion I would never carry one. I do not feel that they are a reliable handgun, and that is exactly what you need to look for in a carry weapon. I would stick to glock, sig, h&k, s&w, ruger, or colt. And dont buy some hopped up hair trigger piece of crap either. Buy something simple.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I have owned more than one keltec. In my opinion I would never carry one. I do not feel that they are a reliable handgun, and that is exactly what you need to look for in a carry weapon. I would stick to glock, sig, h&k, s&w, ruger, or colt. And dont buy some hopped up hair trigger piece of crap either. Buy something simple.

Do you feel that the Ruger LCP is a reliable handgun?

(It is almost a direct copy of the Kel-Tec P3AT, plus a slide lock lever.)

manwithnoname

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    I had one of their P11s.

It had a number of issues with getting the mags to fit correctly. The factory tried a couple of times to get it to work right under their warranty program and eventually replaced it. After I got the new one, I sold it... didn't have much faith in it.

That said, others have had great experiences with them and I have heard others speak well of the factory standing behind the product.

manwithnoname

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    I ended up replacing the P11 with the Ruger LCP...

Drawbacks: Lower round count and smaller caliber
    Pluses: Smaller and lighter.. easier to carry concealed in a number of dress code situations... all of which means I am more likely to carry it!

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    My Father bought one 2 years ago, we tried everything we could think of to try and cure frequent ftf's. Finally sent it back to the mfg & Dad reports that it works now, he is ok with it but my money would be spent on something else.

Bang-bang

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Indy/Homeplace/Carmel
    I got the PMR-30 this year, no problems, no FTF. They do list in the owners manual ,No cheap ammo. , Very good to go. Really fun gun. All my friends love it too. Many are planning on getting 1 , if they can find 1.

Ryno300

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    Fly over country
    Like some others I have P-11. Definitely not a range gun, but it feeds what I throw in it and is accurate. It's relatively thin and easy to carry. I bought mine used from PSS and have carried it in a Fobus holster for 5+ years. It's definitely not one you have to be worried about getting a scratch on.

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    The only thing I didn't like about my brother-in-laws P11 was the 3 inch, 15lb trigger pull. With some practice, I'm sure I could shoot it accurately.

Top Bottom