• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookfish

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have a P11 for my EDC and have had hundreds of round through it with no issues at all. I really like mine and would buy another one. I recommended to my brother and dad that they get one too. After each shot mine, they both purchased their own PF9s.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    thanks for the imput guys. For those of you who dont like the keltecs, are there any other brands with similar prices that might be more reliable? i own an hk.45 and it is my pride and joy! never jammed on me once, but i am just looking for a supplementary carry weapon that i can have in the pocket of my sweat pants/pajama pants. But i deffinetly am looking for reliability.
    In the under $300 I say S & W 5906, 5904, $350 range I say CZ-75, BERETTA 92

Guy9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Marion
    Along with the rest of kel-tec owners, i have a pf-9 and love it. Carry daily with belt clip, conceals nice, i can depend on mine, no failures in about 400 rnds, and for me shooting it i can generally hit what im aiming at.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I've got the little .380 for "Plan B" and have put as many rounds through it as I have my Kimber Custom 2 .45acp. Maybe more than the Kimber.
    Always been 100% reliable. I make sure I'm very good with it. SIghts are thin and until you get used to them you won't like them at all.
    I like the high slide on them. No problems with the slide digging into your hand.
    I carry without a holster in my left rear pocket and I have to make sure that the mag release is towards my cheeks or the mag release will do just that. Release the mag and does so enough that I catch myself checking to make sure the mag is in place.
    OH, the worst part is that I wear holes in my pockets quick from the rear of the slide.
    That's my "whine time" on the Keltec.
    I'll buy another one. It's been a great little back up for me.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    You will get mixed reviews on KelTec. Some love them some hate them. I have never had an issue with any KelTec I own or any of the dozens that I have fired. I have a P32 that I have owned for 5 or 6 years now. It has never failed me once and is accurate enough for what I need it for. I trust it 100%. I also own a sub2k that I love. Again, never a single malfunction with it. I have fired several p11s, pf9s, and the pmr 30 and they were also all 100% functionally.

I do not doubt the people that say they have had issues with their KelTecs, but I can honestly say all of my experiences with the brand has been 100% positive. It is just up to you if you want to take the chance and find out for youreslf.

I will say though that the p11, pf9, and the p3at for some are not the most pleasant to shoot for extended periods of time at the range.

There is also the Diamondback DB9 out there, but that brand can bring some mixed reviews as well. I don't have any personal experience with this brand so I cannot comment on it.
    Or the Kahr CM9 which so far is getting great reviews.

Last edited:

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    i am just looking for a supplementary carry weapon that i can have in the pocket of my sweat pants/pajama pants. But i deffinetly am looking for reliability.

If you are unsure if you want to try KelTec have you considered a snubbie revolver? It will not be as thin as the semiautos, but they are still very concealable and very reliable. I recently added a s&w 442 airweight to my carry options and I am loving it! My KT p32 is still the most concealable, but the 442 is about the same weight and easier to shoot. Don't get me wrong I still like the KelTec, but they both have their pros and cons. Just thought I would throw that option out there too. Good luck with your decision. :ingo:

Uncle Lee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Tell City
    I carry a P3AT and have put over 600 rounds through it without any problems. I'll bet my life on it.
    I carry a NAA Pug in 22 mag for backup.

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I carry a P32 everyday, it has never malfunctioned and is incredibly accurate. My wife has an identical P32 that malfunctioned twice on hp ammo, I discontinued HP ammo and went to FMJ - never a single problem again. My son has a P32, it has been flawless. My wife and I have had our P32s for over four years, my son's has been his for 3 months.

Yes, I trust my Kel Tec. I carry it everyday.

Terry

rnungester

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I have a kel-tec p-11 9mm. If you want a gun that is easy to conceal, light to carry, and packs a punch; the p-11 is you gun. I found the pocket clip very beneficial, some people do not like it. All-in-all for 250, the p-11 is a great gun

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    I had bad luck with my P11. Jammed all the time with HP ammo, trigger was a beast, and my finger got pinched alot by the trigger. Great gun to conceal, and 10 rounds in such a small gun is a plus. Price is still very reasonable. It was the only gun I owned that I loved and hated at the same time.

FERLACH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Plainfield
    I own a keltec P32, P3AT, and PF9. All were bought new or as new condition. I have fired 300-400 rounds thru each one and have never had problem #1. Maybe I was lucky but I am very satisfied.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Got to chime in here. I have a PF9 not sure of the round count as after I broke it in with a 100 rounds I don't shoot it that often, so I would guess maybe 300 - 400 rounds through it now. I carry it but not everyday so when I go to the range I always try to put some ammo through it. My opinion and take if for what its worth, I trust my PF9 with my life and don't hesitate to carry it. Also I have put ball and hollow points through it and never had a problem.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I love my P-11! 100% reliable, the only issues I've had were due to a bad magazine, I smashed it and have had no problems since, I shoot it about once every month or so, I shoot my carry ammo (Remington Golden sabers) and they feed fine, and it will feed Winchester white box, and Tula steel case ammo too. You ARE NOT selling yourself short by purchasing a Kel-Tec, is it a Glock?...no, it's less expensive and has no snob appeal, by the way less expensive, to me, doesn't me cheap, or cheaply made, just costs less...period

Top Bottom