• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    There iz at least 3 with a hankering. Kitchen passes and support for th RB shoot on the same day are open questions.

Hopefully it will work out and all will get the permission needed. We've got all winter to shoot RB, only November for the CUP!:laugh: Good thing about RB is that there's more than one around that can get a match up and going.:yesway:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I'd like to go but I think I'm tapped out on Major Match funds for the rest of the year LOL I cannot wait to go to another one, though.

Now that I've had a chance to digest everything I can see what I did wrong and right and properly prepare for next time. I will say that having the turnout from RB and WSSC shooters like we did was a huge help. I don't think I would have had the same match if I were on a squad full of people I didn't know for my first big match. I owe Jeff big for lending me an umbrella (which I promptly lost) and to everybody else that listened to me gripe about having an hour of sleep and also lending encouragement and ideas during the match.

The stages I had a few moments to plan went according to plan and if I could have taken the FTN and the HNT back It would have went even better! I think the biggest let down for me was physically my grip strength just wasn't there. I couldn't keep the sights on the target smoothly and my timing was off. I could see when I wanted to shoot at a mover but the brain had about a half-second delay and I couldn't find the right timing to pull the trigger. The guys that were putting up better times/scores seemed to be able to keep those sights on the target better and not being able to do that consistently there Saturday hurt me a bit.

I had a great experience and cannot wait for another one like that. The good news is I have my basic gear right where I want it (even if I DID forget the rain stuff at home) and it is just getting there and trying to formulate a solid plan for each stage during the few moments you have to think. Grip strength training is a must and I'll be working on that ASAP. I'm ready for our next match!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Funny how that works, huh:laugh:

Tapped out on funds?? Sell the Surefire- BOOM, match fee covered:rockwoot::laugh:

No kidding on that part! On a couple of stages I got really rubber-legged and I was having problems keeping the gun still. The Standards stage, the triangle, I couldn't keep the gun from making figure eights on the targets and I was pulling the trigger and hoping for the best through a couple of shots LOL

Problem is, I told them how much fun I had so I'll be guying a hotel room for 4 people if I'd go :D We have a big family vacation planned for the first part of June next year but i'll be keeping an eye out and bugging a few people about matches coming up next year.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    No kidding on that part! On a couple of stages I got really rubber-legged and I was having problems keeping the gun still. The Standards stage, the triangle, I couldn't keep the gun from making figure eights on the targets and I was pulling the trigger and hoping for the best through a couple of shots LOL

I'm going with 20% sleep deprivation and 80% taking Brent's advice on a morning beverage for the figure 8s and weak knees. I knew you was in trouble when I heard the words "some dude at work really likes this, it has genkobelogna in it" followed up by "I'll try it.":lmfao:

Also knew something in the brew wasn't right when for 40 miles I'd see a car come behind me and think "that's Mike" but it never was:laugh:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Now that I've had a chance to digest everything I can see what I did wrong and right and properly prepare for next time.

It looked like you started out slow (slow for you I mean, about my speed) on the first couple stages, I think maybe that was a really good first match strategy rather than letting the nerves push you to misses & big points lost. After that, it looked like you shot the way you shoot. If that is correct (wish the scoresheet stuff would come out) then I'm thinking that next time you are more likely to just start with shooting the way you shoot, so you should get a handful of seconds back for free.

I don't know what the answer is to the sleep thing.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Jeff- I didn't catch your scores at the match, but saw them today. Very respectable finish:yesway:

Unusual to have to look at the list and not just glance at the very bottom :)
    Thanks.
    Methinks my next opportunity for improvement is 99% between the ears, not sure if that is good news or really really bad news.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    It looked like you started out slow (slow for you I mean, about my speed) on the first couple stages, I think maybe that was a really good first match strategy rather than letting the nerves push you to misses & big points lost. After that, it looked like you shot the way you shoot. If that is correct (wish the scoresheet stuff would come out) then I'm thinking that next time you are more likely to just start with shooting the way you shoot, so you should get a handful of seconds back for free.

I don't know what the answer is to the sleep thing.

Yeah, I didn't want to crap the bed first stage. I knew I was tired and I knew I was nervous...what is the saying? You can't win the match on the first stage but you sure can lose it there...I wanted to get a few under my belt and then go from there. All things considered it didn't go too badly for me. The FTN on the Bride Stage, the HNT on the Ice Cream Stage and the car stage hit me the worst. The baseball wasn't pretty but it wasn't bad and the others were solid. I'm ready for next time LOL

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    Finally home and rested. Lots of fun lots learnt. Wish I wouldn't have forget where I was and what I was doing on the last 2 stages. I think part of it was shooting last on the horse stage and then hurrying to go second on the tire drop stage.

That music city match is very tempting but I'm sure the wife would divorce me.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Finally home and rested. Lots of fun lots learnt. Wish I wouldn't have forget where I was and what I was doing on the last 2 stages. I think part of it was shooting last on the horse stage and then hurrying to go second on the tire drop stage.

That music city match is very tempting but I'm sure the wife would divorce me.

Bring her and drop her off at the mall where Opry Land used to be. ;)

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    So how often do they hold a major match down in Tennessee? Nov 2nd is the Music City match, right? I don't think I could swing it but tell me about cost and where I can actually find information for this... all this talk about it has me thinking LOL

Top Bottom