• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    I understand where you are coming from and don't really care what they do to him on that subject. If they proceed with the filming charge then that has a larger effect IMO as it could set a standard that will hurt us all in the future.

what are they going to do when people feel that the system no longer will work to keep them safe and start beating and killing police officers instead of videotaping?
    no im not advocating or wanting this in any way, all im saying is if you make peaceful protest impossible there will be violent protest.

'Those who make peaceful protest impossible will make violent protest inevitable'
    John F Kennedy

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    what are they gonna do when people feel that the system no longer will work for to keep them safe and start beating and killing police officers instead of videotaping? no im not advocating this in any way, all im saying is if you make peaceful protest impossible there will be violent protest.

'Those who make peaceful protest impossible will make violent protest inevitable'
    John F Kennedy

He was not advocating or performing a peaceful protest by telling the guy to hit the cop. I am all for protest rallies and marches as well as a good town hall lashing out at politicians but this was a dumb punk and nothing more.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    He was not advocating or performing a peaceful protest by telling the guy to hit the cop. I am all for protest rallies and marches as well as a good town hall lashing out at politicians but this was a dumb punk and nothing more.
    He never told anyone to hit the cop. The only witness that said he did was the cop. Video of the event doesn't show him saying anything, just using his phone to video the cop. This is solely a case of a cops word against multiple videos of the event. I'll be going with the videos.
    As for what happened to the cop. Tough. She shouldn't have been hassling someone who was using a legal substance in a public place. Smoking police. Sheesh.

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    no not referring to this kid. im referring to the charges for recording a cop(public servant) while in the act of being aggressive.people record an abusive cop and face 7 years in prison for it. hell a cop shot some kid in the back and killed him. he only got like 2 years for it.btw show me in the video where he advocated hitting the cop, i didnt hear it. the cop is the only one out of all those people including video to hear it, what does that tell you

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    no not referring to this kid. im referring to the charges for recording a cop(public servant) while in the act of being aggressive.people record an abusive cop and face 7 years in prison for it. hell a cop shot some kid in the back and killed him. he only got like 2 years for it.

Well if you read the other post I brought up the cop shooting the guy in the back I think that was ridiculous and complete BS that he only recieved two years. Also, the recording charge is complete bull as well.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Did you guys catch that he cameraman had been locked up for 8 months by the time that engineer paid his obscene bail? 8 months, gone.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I'm not sure how this violates wire taping laws. The suspect did not drop a camera off and that location and wait for something to happen. Obviously everyone there knew he was recording.

I also have absolutely no clue what that officer was doing. It looks like they were afraid to go hands on. An uncooperative suspect and surrounded by a large group of people=things could get real bad real quick. Perfect situtation for brachial stun

A Brachial Stun...
    Really?!

Do you even understand what this Maneuver is meant to do to a Human?! :dunno:

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    A Brachial Stun...
    Really?!

Do you even understand what this Maneuver is meant to do to a Human?! :dunno:

I had an entire post typed up about this same thing. I didn't submit it because I didn't think it was worth the discussion given the posters recent history. I am glad someone else caught it, though.

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    I'm not sure how this violates wire taping laws. The suspect did not drop a camera off and that location and wait for something to happen. Obviously everyone there knew he was recording.

I also have absolutely no clue what that officer was doing. It looks like they were afraid to go hands on. An uncooperative suspect and surrounded by a large group of people=things could get real bad real quick. Perfect situtation for brachial stun

Really, you feel this situation would warrant the use of a borderline fatal strike? I can say if I were this kid and you attempted that type of strike, I would block counter and rip your head off! Cop or not come at me in a life threatening manner over some BS because you are embarrassed to have it seen. Be prepared to get your A** kicked. I can guaranty you could not handle me in a hand to hand fight! Stick,ASP, pepper spray will only **** me off!

Last edited:

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    By the way, if anyone wants an update on this story.....

The guy bailed out by the Google engineer just had his home raided and his property seized by the police.

Oh yeah, the guy who posted the Youtube video had his home raided as well. As is becoming the trend, no charges have been filed.

Initial community reaction is these were acts of retaliation by showing up the law enforcers and gaining national attention by being bailed out for Christmas by the Google engineer.

L.A. Teen Charged With "Attempted Lynching" Now Gets Raided by Police - Hit & Run : Reason Magazine

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    By the way, if anyone wants an update on this story.....

The guy bailed out by the Google engineer just had his home raided and his property seized by the police.

Oh yeah, the guy who posted the Youtube video had his home raided as well. As is becoming the trend, no charges have been filed.

Initial community reaction is these were acts of retaliation by showing up the law enforcers and gaining national attention by being bailed out for Christmas by the Google engineer.

L.A. Teen Charged With "Attempted Lynching" Now Gets Raided by Police - Hit & Run : Reason Magazine

Why am I not surprised. No, we don't need to video tape any interactions because all officers are 100% above board and are incapable of such acts as retaliation.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

Next thing you know the OP will be getting raided.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Wow.

I just spent the last hour or so reading the original thread, this one and all links in between and I'm seriously speechless.

How that kid spent 8 months in jail for what he did is just absolutely beyond me.

I hope all of the truth comes out and if he didn't call out for (fill in the gang name) and everything she said was false, he gets more than compensated for the wasted 8 months of his life and she spends at least 8 months in jail herself(as if that would EVER happen), along with never having authority over anyone ever again.

If he did in fact do some of the things she allegedly says, then I wouldn't care if he went back to jail for awhile.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Why am I not surprised. No, we don't need to video tape any interactions because all officers are 100% above board and are incapable of such acts as retaliation.

Holding government agents accountable with video is great for the collective liberty, but it sure is hell for the guy holding the camera. These retaliation raids are growing in use. Two other recent national stories include the use of retaliation raids against those involved in the wedding reception case in New York and the case of the motorcyclist with the camera mounted on his helmet in Mass. Show up the cops, it goes national, you get a raid.

During this retaliation raid the police were said to have taken papers related to the ongoing legal case - correspondence with the victims attorney, cellphones, computers, and other paper files. Those left in the house had to go over to neighbors homes in order to call people to help clean up the mess left by the public servants. They took all forms of communication.

It is also becoming clear that the warrant system in this country is pretty broken. Boilerplate warrants, ruberstamping, heck - I have had lawyers tell me stories of police keeping a stack of warrants in their trunk. They worked out a deal with judge and just fax them in after the fact.

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    It is also becoming clear that the warrant system in this country is pretty broken. Boilerplate warrants, ruberstamping, heck - I have had lawyers tell me stories of police keeping a stack of warrants in their trunk. They worked out a deal with judge and just fax them in after the fact.

A thinly veiled attempt at disguising the police state so the sheeple will buy its all for their collective safety!

Top Bottom