• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I am sure it does. I think it is fairly unlikely that I am going to suddenly want my kid to aspire to be a One World Government LEO though. That's what this crap reminds me of. Wearing shiny black masks doesn't stir up a lot of patriotism or Americanism for me.

I don't know who you are talking about here as if you knew anything about me then you would know that I am nowhere near the description you are talking about. Are you planning on having kids anytime soon? If so then I hope you learn that a lot of the stuff you "think" will work is not nearly as easy as it sounds.

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    Ahh yes. If it saves just one life, the law is worth it. Right?

Yes, if it saves one life. Unfortunately, it's impossible to measure prevention. One of the 9/11 hijackers was stopped on 9/11. If one life isn't worth it, is 3,000? Plus how many thousands of troops and billions of war dollars later? School shootings have been prevented by enforcing these "victimless crimes." Timothy McVeigh was caught because of a "victimless crime." He is probably a hero of yours since he stood up to the government though, despite being a mass murderer.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    And when most people decide that they also want gun bans, food restrictions, government-owned medical care and the like, I'll protest all of those as well.

Most people are wrong.

Use your brain.

Wow, are we talking about common sense laws that most people support or Constitutional amendments like banning guns? Apples and oranges. And I'm sorry to say, but this country was founded "for the people, by the people." The Constitution protects us from our government, not from each other. If the majority of Americans want something changed, so be it. As you said, you're more than welcome to protest, it doesn't mean it'll change anything.

I love the superiority complex, by the way. "Most people are wrong." Let me guess, you're not in the "most people" category? Well aren't you special? :rofl:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Yes, if it saves one life. Unfortunately, it's impossible to measure prevention. One of the 9/11 hijackers was stopped on 9/11. If one life isn't worth it, is 3,000? Plus how many thousands of troops and billions of war dollars later? School shootings have been prevented by enforcing these "victimless crimes." Timothy McVeigh was caught because of a "victimless crime." He is probably a hero of yours since he stood up to the government though, despite being a mass murderer.

You realize that you are arguing with the same people that cry foul at the To Catch A Predator show, right? They think it is wrong to bait a grown man to a house thinking he's getting ready to have sex with a child, when the child isn't really there.

I mean, they should have to ruin multiple children's lives before we ruin theirs, right?:rolleyes:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    :n00b:

Read Patrick Henry's Liberty or Death address on the white house sidewalk and see where you end up. Henry meant every word he said and did it. Where would that type of talk get you today? Just handing out constitutions at airports are worthy of detention in this country today. Our founders did far more than pen that document. They shed blood to do so.

You posted the grievances against the King in a thread just last week I think. Here they are, as a refresher:

Answers.com - What were some of the grievances against the king of England in the Declaration of Independence

That doesn't sound "radical and paranoid" to me. "Radical and paranoid" was the description you used.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    If it's only the internet, why do you post multiple threads about this garbage on a daily basis? Get out and actually DO SOMETHING about it if it's "only the internet."

I'm practicing my debating skills so they will be honed when I talk to other liberals about big government.

What the **** does the OP have to do with this? Are you under the impression that swat teams across the US get a royalty off of every one of these costumes being sold? Do you think they had a hand in it at all?

If your answer is "no," then why are you *****ing and moaning about it in here and not in the Political Forum?

Oh, because you like to bash cops at any chance you get? OK, gotcha.

People have taken this thread in a lot of directions. My original point was that I think it is sick to give those items to a child. If you disagree, then say so. Otherwise you are *****ing and moaning just because it is a thread with my name on it.

I don't know who you are talking about here as if you knew anything about me then you would know that I am nowhere near the description you are talking about. Are you planning on having kids anytime soon? If so then I hope you learn that a lot of the stuff you "think" will work is not nearly as easy as it sounds.

My response wasn't really aimed straight for you. No I am not planning kids very soon. I was just commenting on the several people who think my politics will change when I get somebody pregnant. I think we all know I am too stubborn for that.

Timothy McVeigh was caught because of a "victimless crime." He is probably a hero of yours since he stood up to the government though, despite being a mass murderer.

Hah. Bill Clinton used to pull use that strawman argument too. He must be a hero of yours.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County

All kind of oppressive laws and bans could theoretically save one life. Doesn't make them a good idea.

Wow, are we talking about common sense laws that most people support or Constitutional amendments like banning guns? Apples and oranges. And I'm sorry to say, but this country was founded "for the people, by the people." The Constitution protects us from our government, not from each other. If the majority of Americans want something changed, so be it. As you said, you're more than welcome to protest, it doesn't mean it'll change anything.

I love the superiority complex, by the way. "Most people are wrong." Let me guess, you're not in the "most people" category? Well aren't you special? :rofl:

I didn't know mob rule was in the constitution. Thanks for clearing that up.

You realize that you are arguing with the same people that cry foul at the To Catch A Predator show, right? They think it is wrong to bait a grown man to a house thinking he's getting ready to have sex with a child, when the child isn't really there.

I mean, they should have to ruin multiple children's lives before we ruin theirs, right?:rolleyes:

Please provide a quote where I have ever said this.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN

You may as well stop trying to use logic Benny.
    Logic can't possibly penetrate that much tin foil.
    :tinfoil:

Damn!!
    I need to buy stock in Reynolds Aluminum!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    You posted the grievances against the King in a thread just last week I think. Here they are, as a refresher:

Answers.com - What were some of the grievances against the king of England in the Declaration of Independence

That doesn't sound "radical and paranoid" to me. "Radical and paranoid" was the description you used.

And I posted how many of those grievances are relevant today. Are you saying that people today who speak out against like our founders did aren't considered radical and paranoid?

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    And I posted how many of those grievances are relevant today. Are you saying that people today who speak out against like our founders did aren't considered radical and paranoid?

No, I absolutely do not think that people who speak out against the government are radical or paranoid. It's the ones talking about black helicopters, spy drones, mass bird deaths, and things that foreign governments in foreign countries do that are paranoid.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    People have taken this thread in a lot of directions. My original point was that I think it is sick to give those items to a child. If you disagree, then say so. Otherwise you are *****ing and moaning just because it is a thread with my name on it.

If you think it's sick to make or give those items to a child, please tell me why you are screaming for more liberty and calling LEOs thugs?

Why aren't you telling people to stay on topic by getting enraged at the costume manufacturers?

It seems like you would be doing that, considering you had no idea this would turn into a cop bashing thread. I have 100% faith that wasn't on your agenda at all.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    If you think it's sick to make or give those items to a child, please tell me why you are screaming for more liberty and calling LEOs thugs?

Why aren't you telling people to stay on topic by getting enraged at the costume manufacturers?

It seems like you would be doing that, considering you had no idea this would turn into a cop bashing thread. I have 100% faith that wasn't on your agenda at all.

I mostly wanted to see what parents had to say about it, and boss them around about how to raise their kids, maybe have a chuckle or two at the sad state of affairs we are in. That worked for the first few responses before people started trolling and asking obvious questions about victimless crimes.

Maybe it was the bit about cops & constitutionalists that hit close to home, I dunno. :dunno: If you want your kid to try and be a real life Darth Vader with a baton, then by all means, don't let me stop you.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I mostly wanted to see what parents had to say about it, and boss them around about how to raise their kids, maybe have a chuckle or two at the sad state of affairs we are in. That worked for the first few responses before people started trolling and asking obvious questions about victimless crimes.

Maybe it was the bit about cops & constitutionalists that hit close to home, I dunno. :dunno: If you want your kid to try and be a real life Darth Vader with a baton, then by all means, don't let me stop you.

It's a SWAT uniform...Why did you pick that costume over the 100s upon 100s of more vile costumes parents let there kids wear?

I forgot, it must have just been a coincidence, because there was no agenda in your first post.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    It's a SWAT uniform...Why did you pick that costume over the 100s upon 100s of more vile costumes parents let there kids wear?

I forgot, it must have just been a coincidence, because there was no agenda in your first post.

Because monsters and witches don't scare me. Real life tyranny does.

[ame="http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=aohGLp00MmU"]YouTube - G20 Toronto- Police surround and attack small group of protesters at Queen and Spadina[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=280hrwKUqKg"]YouTube - G20 Toronto June 27, 2010 Queen and spadina 5:45[/ame]

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I mostly wanted to see what parents had to say about it, maybe have a chuckle or two at the sad state of affairs we are in. That worked for the first few responses before people started trolling and asking obvious questions about victimless crimes.

So you're saying that you didn't add the thread tags then? Honest question.

Edit: I'm referring to the "police state" tag, not so much the other one.

Last edited:

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I am just glad most had more class than to start a thread of this nature with the passing of Officer Moore. Again, I said most.

Thank You.

Top Bottom