• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I just want to say that I LOVED playing cops and robbers as a kid. I wish I took a different path, and became a cop. I respect what they have to do, and all the crap they have to deal with.

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    Cops and robbers was the only thing to play as a kid. We just had sticks to use though that we thought resembled a rifle. Handcuffs were usually parts of those old six pack plastic strips.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    This is not a police bashing thread. We need to make the distinction between policy and personel.

My issue is with the policy, not the people who carry it out.

Watch out though! Some here need to vent their anger on the police instead of doing it the American way, things like shooting a TV, sending threatening letters to a congresscritter or picking a fight with someone smaller than us. :D

True words spoken. Phylodog is SWAT. He probably disagrees with some of the policy he has to stand for (maybe, probably, help me out here! :D ). But his job is to do what they say. He isn't paid to be political, he is paid to do his job, keep me safe at night and engage in special weapons assault tactics (is that it? :D ) that may keep people safe when the situation becomes perverse to need above and beyond mentality.

It's the .gov or the policy makers that mess up, don't do their due dilligence and screw up no knock warrants. The policy makers are the ones that make the "crimes against the state" illegal. The policy holders are the ones who send in bludgenors to peaceful protests. We get mad at the Dobermans when they maul the wrong person, but yet never blame the hand that holds the leash... :noway: Some folks are aiming their anger at the visible arm that holds our throat, instead of the body politic that controls said arm...

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I played Cowboys and Indians.

By today's standards, that game is now:
    Oppressive white folks holding down the poor indigenous peoples
    - or -
    Savage heathens stealing jobs from good, hard-working Americans

You just can't win anymore :dunno:

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    So you're upset that people would dress their kids as SWAT members as opposed to this...

prisonchildcostumecloth.jpg
    or this
    childgangstersuit.jpg
    ?

All of this because it has some dumb mask or helmet or baton that you disapprove of? Lighten up, Francis.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Damn I hate to take this thread seriously but...
    I've never been stopped by the police as a driver. I've never had them come to my door for something I've done. I've never had involuntary contacts with them for something I've done. Minding your own business does work.

I've been stopped just walking down the street, I've been stopped just driving down the street, hell I've been detained for just being parked. I've had them come to my door for having my riding lawnmower in my driveway. Minding your own business does not always work.

Phylodog is SWAT. He probably disagrees with some of the policy he has to stand for (maybe, probably, help me out here! :D ). But his job is to do what they say.
    My job isn't swat, but I have done some things that are in severe violation of OSHA regs, I've done them knowing what I did was against regs and the risks. But I've never made anyone else go against them or even asked then to. I advise them against it. But what I did only effected me, nobody elses safety or in the case of LEO others rights.

It's the .gov or the policy makers that mess up, don't do their due dilligence and screw up no knock warrants. The policy makers are the ones that make the "crimes against the state" illegal. The policy holders are the ones who send in bludgenors to peaceful protests. We get mad at the Dobermans when they maul the wrong person, but yet never blame the hand that holds the leash... :noway: Some folks are aiming their anger at the visible arm that holds our throat, instead of the body politic that controls said arm...

Nope, law enforcement and the courts are the one that uphold the laws. And no I don't get mad at the Dobermans for the most part, ones that are rabid are different. I get mad at the ones that trained and breed them. But (and please don't take this the wrong way any LEO reading this) regardless of the training I will shoot a doberman that is going to attack me without reason. But who gives the information to the "policy makers" to get the no knock warrants?

Top Bottom