• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 454puttna

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    martinsville
    a good head shot for fun, or when I want to thin the flock I wait till night and they're on the roost. Just walk up in the dark. Turn them upside down and tuck under arm and hold feet with other hand. When upside down blood rush's to their "pea" brain and they're pretty docile.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    my roosters decided they were going to fight all night last night so i decided to go ahead and take care of business. the one i liked the least was walking around in the dark because my other one had beat him up pretty good. i just used a big stick and smacked him right in the neck. he hit the ground, legs kicked for 10-15 seconds and it was over.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    my roosters decided they were going to fight all night last night so i decided to go ahead and take care of business. the one i liked the least was walking around in the dark because my other one had beat him up pretty good. i just used a big stick and smacked him right in the neck. he hit the ground, legs kicked for 10-15 seconds and it was over.

Are you having fried chicken for lunch today? :D

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    A 0.22 caliber 21 grain hunting pellet (H&N Barracuda) in a spring piston airgun that will shoot them 800 fps (Beeman RS2 combo, $100 at Walmart) will kill them no problem. Standard 0.177 pellets are about 8 grains, standard .22 pellets are about 14 grains. These 21 grain rounded point pellets pack a wallop on small crap close up (within 25 yards).

These pellets are terrific on squirrels, lighter ones are good for chipmunks and birds.
    I was looking at the Beeman combo at Walmart this AM. I clams it will send an a .22 pellet 800 fps and reach maximum velocity with one pump! I am very interested! A freind of mine is going to hook me up with a breeding pair of meat bunnies. I am thinking of free ranging those in the back yard as well The wild ones do great back there! I figure if I breed them myself the state can't tell me I have to get a license to hunt or trap them! nor can they tell me what time of year I can do it!

GoBoilers!

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    Remids me of a story from my youth...

Youngest brother Tom (age about 12 at the time?) was getting harassed by our big ole rooster whenever he headed out to the barn to feed the flock. He finally got fed up and "accidently" killed him with one shot to the neck from his Crossman pellet gun (He claimed with only 10 pumps?)

At supper table the next day, my mom says "Well, I guess the rooster finally died. I saw it laying out by the barn." Tom just stares down at his plate, not saying a word. My other brother Don then pipes up with "I didn't tell, Tom!"

So that's how my mom found out about it... Good times!

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    mine will come to me like that but none will let me grab them. i have 2 roosters and 1 needs to go also. i have heard that roosters taste bad? can anyone confirm this for me?

That's what the pressure cooker is for. Roosters are delicious when pressure cooked to tender perfection and made into chicken and noodles.

Top Bottom