• ...and so much more!
  • JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Mattis, Haley and a New Axis of Evil

OK . . . a couple of videos of interest if anyone missed them in their entirety. Sadly, all the TV and cable news edit this stuff down to what they want their spin on it to show

The entire SecDef Mattis emergency press briefing yesterday that followed several hours at the Pentagon and then another several hours with the Chairman, JCS and NSC in the White House:
    [video=youtube;6ulCknyrr38]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ulCknyrr38[/video]

Today, Nikki Haley addressed the UN Security Council in very strong terms. This is her complete address which was about 6-3/4 minutes long. While some may feel the UN is a waste of time and worthless, it is a forum in which the US can state its position, give fair warning, and put certain nations on notice. It also puts both Russia and China in a position of either stepping up to cutting off trade with the DPRK, or announcing to the world they side with them having nukes and ICBMs. In it she mentions a "freeze - freeze" proposal being an insult followed by a couple remarks relevant to it. There's nothing in the video explaining it. The "Freeze Freeze" was a joint China and Russia two-part proposal:
    1. North Korea ceases missile and nuclear weapon testing, and
    2. US and South Korea cease joint military exercises
    Note that it doesn't say anything about continuing nuclear weapon development, just testing. Her remarks about it should make sense with this knowledge.
    [video=youtube;6-BMSpo4PaU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-BMSpo4PaU[/video]

The real threat is much beyond South Korea, Japan, Guam, Saipan, and Hawaii (for now). It's who Kim Jong-un could sell or give a thermonuclear weapon to. Remember the Axis of Evil, and Beyond the Axis of Evil? The relevant states now are Iran and North Korea, with Syria in the "beyond" group. Iraq, Cuba and Libya aren't the threats they had been. A significant non-state actor, ISIL, needs to be added to the Axis as they have continued territory in Iraq, Syria, and now in Libya between the two factions locked in a civil war there. Imagine a 100kt device in their hands, and Kim might just give one away if the recipient will act as a proxy and use it on us. Thus I would consider the following to be the new Axis of Evil:
    • North Korea
    • Iran (hey, we didn't build it, we found it lying out in the desert)
    • Syria
    • ISIL

John

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I thought I would share that will all my US Imperialist friends ...

Anti-DPRK War Games and THAAD Deployment Protested in S. KoreaPeople from all walks of life in south Korea staged a one-man demo outside the U.S. embassy in Seoul from August 21 to 31 to demand halt to the Ulji Freedom Guardian joint military drills by the U.S. imperialists and the puppet warmongers and withdrawal of THAAD, according to the south Koran online paper Tongil News. The demonstrators accused Trump of inciting the war crisis on the Korean peninsula to sell weapons to south Korea.

People in South Korea demanding the US to remove the anti-missile systems they have there. :):

If you want to follow the news in the DPRK and follow the activity of the Supreme Leader.

The official newspaper of the DPRK, in English.

Rodong Sinmun

Quite interesting to see their point of view on things and their version of "fake news".

It's where you find all the pictures they officially publish too, that you find in all Western newspapers the next day.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So like I have stated many times before North Korea is "nuts".
    When you have a celebration of dance for the nuclear test you are nuts.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    They have some interesting pictures too.Most of them I haven't seen in any Western newspaper.

I didn't know the Supreme Leader was watching the tests outside under a tent.
    Not in a freaking bunker miles away (well he could be a mile away).

Not sure how far away he is.

2017-08-30-01-05.jpg

Maybe a MOAB dropped right on the lauch site could take him out during the next test.

2017-08-30-01-10.jpg

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    They have some interesting pictures too.Most of them I haven't seen in any Western newspaper.

I didn't know the Supreme Leader was watching the tests outside under a tent.
    Not in a freaking bunker miles away (well he could be a mile away).

Not sure how far away he is.

2017-08-30-01-05.jpg

Maybe a MOAB dropped right on the lauch site could take him out during the next test.

2017-08-30-01-10.jpg

My money is on photoshop. They are known for that.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think he's crazy enough to really get as close as he can from an ICBM test.

He loves his nukes and doesn't want to watch them on TV from a bunker.

Who wouldn't love the thing that solidifies his family's career continued dictatorship?

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    100kt is a BIG DEAL

Started putting this together after Kimmie popped his 100kt thermonuclear device a number of days ago. The 6.3 Richter scale "tremors" are consistent with a device that size detonated underground. Apparently they weren't watching what they were doing when they selected the site to use as it triggered a major aftershock in the 4.x range shortly afterward.

When it comes to thermonuclear devices, folks end to think the biggies are in the double-digit mega-tonnage range. The largest the US ever made was the 25Mt B41, the only triple stage device the US fielded. It was huge, very heavy, and could only be carried by a B47 or a B52. They were phased out of the inventory from 1963 to 1976. Most folks don't realize the largest the US ever put onto an ICBM was the 9Mt B53 paired with a Titan II. These were retired in 1987 but some of the warheads were retained. The last B53 was dismantled in 2011. That left the variable yield B83 as the largest in the inventory, with a max 1.2 Mt yield. There is discussion now about retiring it. Biggest after that will be in the 500kt range. Reason for the high mega-tonnage weapons in the past was bunker busting heavily armored silos and command centers. The current inventory has that capability without having to dig a monstrously huge crater. From a strategic standpoint, beyond a given yield has diminishing returns for damage radius and does more to dig a deeper hole. Several smaller ones scattered over an area cause much greater damage and are easier to deliver.

Just how big a deal is Kimmie's 100kt? It's a major city killer. Guaranteed to take a large city out for years. To put it close to home as nearly all here must be familiar with Indianapolis. Following is a link to a simulation showing what a 100kt air burst for maximum damage radius would do to Indianapolis with ground zero on the Soldiers' and Sailor's monument:
    https://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/...b_psi=5&hob_ft=4755&casualties=1&ff=NaN&zm=12

For Indianapolis, the prompt casualties are about 25% of the total population and the infrastructure damage is sufficient to wipe out all utilities (electricity, natural gas, water, and sewer), take out the entire core transportation infrastructure, and vaporize the government facilities and major hospitals in central Indianapolis. I-465 around Indianapolis might survive without too much damage, but forget about going much of anywhere inside that loop. Central control of fire and law enforcement is gone as are most of their assets. Those are just the prompt casualties. It doesn't model the longer term casualties or the fallout casualties downwind. The injured are those that need prompt significant medical treatment. A good percentage will die without it. In addition, survivors will die from dehydration or starvation if uncontaminated food and water cannot be delivered soon enough. Time will have stopped in Indianapolis and it won't start again for a very long time.

This is a link to a sim of what the same 100kt nuke would do to a much denser city like Seoul and the consequences there are staggering:
    https://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/...ob_psi=5&hob_ft=4755&casualties=1&ff=50&zm=12

A 100kt nuke is a BIG Deal. Wanted to put the damage a nuke that size can cause into some perspective. I already knew what one that size could do from a previous life. Was fortunate to find a declassified sim that would give a graphic demonstration for the damage it can cause. This is the stuff the news doesn't show.

John

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    This seems to be a fine argument for killing the little son of a b*tch now rather than waiting for him to act out in earnest.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    He's a time bomb. Tick tick tick... We know he is bat sh*t crazy.

There is no one that is a threat to him as long as be isn't a threat. It been that way since the end of the Korean War. He is a threat now. And world leaders have turned a blind eye for way to long. They should have been dealt with after their first nuclear test. Bush was a fool for not leveling their nuclear sites then. But hind sight is 20-20. Obama kicked the can down the road. He knew that they would need to be dealt with sooner or later and told Trump that in their first meeting With Trump as president.

Now the problem is we really don't know how much of nuclear program they have at this point. We seems surprised to find out he has a H bomb. How many does he have at this point? If we know, can we level all of those sights at once? Will we able to prevent him from launching a bomb as a Hell Mary? I can't see any good way of dealing with this mess at this point. I think most can agree that he needs to have his program stopped. He is never going to agree to a peaceful end. The lil POS has a serious case of short man syndrome. I truly think that in his mind he things he is, or is going to be a big world power.

He will never come to the table to talk about his nuclear program. Not at this point. He truly thinks he has the world afraid of him. And the fact is he does. If we or any one move on him he might get lucky and use the first nuke since the end of WW2. The US most likely will be blamed for everything. Forcing him to do it and for letting him get to this point.

How do we put a halt to him humanly at this point? We can't. The North Korean people will suffer greatly. And if he manages to get a few missiles off the ground and land them anywhere, those people will suffer too. It's a F'd up mess created by world powers ignoring the problem for far to long. I am guessing that most have assumed we (the USA) would eventually be forced to do the dirty work, which is what we seem to be doing for years.

I say level everything we can find to do with his program And then let the UN clean the mess up. Give the land to China or South Korea. The North Korean people will suffer. But compared to the damage he could do in a few more years, It's a small price in the long run. I truly thing he plans on using a Nuclear weapon. Even if just for a family legacy. The North Korean people are just as responsible for not changing the course of their history. It is a price that they will play for with their lives. They could and probably should have tried to have a civil war. They seem to have not made much of an effort to change the direction/politics of their country.

There is no easy solution to this problem. It can't be ignored much longer.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Oh, and how many country's has he share this technology with. Like Iran? We don't know, and or we are not saying.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    This seems to be a fine argument for killing the little son of a b*tch now rather than waiting for him to act out in earnest.

Yep. His ambassador sealed it for me with the "More gift packages' coming for the US" statement.

Burn it down. Take it over. Sell it to Japan.
    We keep a half dozen military bases of our own to keep track of the neighborhood.

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage

Problem is China.
    China has stated that if NK attacks the US, then they will not offer them any assistance.
    However, if the US attacks NK or attempts to overthrow the regime, then they will defend them.

If not for China, NK would have been taken care of A LONG TIME AGO.
    A war between the US and China is not something anyone in the world would want to happen.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Problem is China.
    China has stated that if NK attacks the US, then they will not offer them any assistance.
    However, if the US attacks NK or attempts to overthrow the regime, then they will defend them.

If not for China, NK would have been taken care of A LONG TIME AGO.
    A war between the US and China is not something anyone in the world would want to happen.

Yep.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-North_Korean_Mutual_Aid_and_Cooperation_Friendship_Treaty

The treaty generally promoted peaceful cooperation in the areas of culture, economics, technology and other social benefits between the two nations.[SUP][4][/SUP] Specifically, Article 2 of the treaty declares the two nations undertake all necessary measures to oppose any country or coalition of countries that might attack either nation.

It was estimated in 2007 that China has about 100–160 liquid fuelled ICBMs capable of striking the United States with approximately 100–150 IRBMs able to strike Russia or Eastern Europe, as well as several hundred tactical SRBMs with ranges between 300 and 600 km.[SUP][47][/SUP] Currently, the Chinese nuclear stockpile is estimated to be between 50 and 75 land and sea based ICBM's.[SUP][48][/SUP]

Top Bottom