• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    MRAPs are the army's way of screwing up city budgets.

They LOAN them to the city for free, but with the caveat that the city pay the annual upkeep, which, last time I saw, was upwards of $25,000 per year.

And city cops don't need to be militarized. But that is another argument.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

They LOAN them to the city for free, but with the caveat that the city pay the annual upkeep, which, last time I saw, was upwards of $25,000 per year.

Only country cops do? :)

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

Yeah, we're so militarized. Last time I checked LE doesn't get a fraction of the money from Uncle Sam to buy equipment like the military does. Feel free to come to Indy and point out all the "militarized" equipment or tactics we have or use. I'll buy you lunch.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Yeah, we're so militarized. Last time I checked LE doesn't get a fraction of the money from Uncle Sam to buy equipment like the military does. Feel free to come to Indy and point out all the "militarized" equipment or tactics we have or use. I'll buy you lunch.

I have a better idea: I won't vex you with commentary about the militarization of civilian police and then you buy me lunch.

(I reserve the right to vex you in other ways)

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere

Thankfully, you're also not using jets, actual tanks and expending metric boat loads of munitions on a regular basis :cool:.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Best use of a 'military' police vehicle I've seen was in Walkerton for some city fest. They had a shinny black hummer that they had festooned with balloons to draw folks over for the Sheriff's Aux. to raise funds by raffling off an AR.

The Sherriff said they hardly ever use it...it spent most of its time being loaned for various off road needs of other departments or in parades. He said it was a waste of money.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    only 3rd world cops in dictatorships do

My local law enforcement agency is a military force with their own armored division.

vbrg%2Bgendarmerie.gif

GBGM-BINOME-OT-POPEX-OBSERVATEUR-TIREUR-1410-16-0012.jpg

GBGM-VBRG-POPEX-MOBILE-1410-16-0147.jpg

big-4508184efe.jpg

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    My local law enforcement agency is a military force with their own armored division.

vbrg%2Bgendarmerie.gif

GBGM-BINOME-OT-POPEX-OBSERVATEUR-TIREUR-1410-16-0012.jpg

GBGM-VBRG-POPEX-MOBILE-1410-16-0147.jpg

big-4508184efe.jpg

They need it there it's A war zone.
    Here is America gun deaths are actually not that high. Cops shot on duty is not that high. I'm not saying either is ever good (one civilian or cop murdered is equaly too many) but they are inevitable because we have criminals.
    If people don't agree with mraps there s no point arguing with cops about it, argue with politicians about it who own the cops.

Last edited:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Europeans have never really been free. But even so, that's a heck of a police force. What's their justification for anti-tank weapons? Do they need them to stop random muzzies in lorries? Do they have a mission statement that they're the first line of defense in case of armed invasions?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Europeans have never really been free. But even so, that's a heck of a police force. What's their justification for anti-tank weapons? Do they need them to stop random muzzies in lorries? Do they have a mission statement that they're the first line of defense in case of armed invasions?

It has nothing to do with freedom.:dunno:
    They don't use those vehicles and weapons against the people.
    Same way the fact that the US military has tanks doesn't make you have less freedom.

They are part of the French military (different branch with both civilian and law enforcement power), they are like the US National Guard in case of a foreign invasion.
    They also act as military police and use those armored vehicles in war zones overseas.

Here in Afghanistan.

gendarmerie-20091116.jpg

They also have a fleet of helicopters to stop small aircrafts and enforce no fly zones.

29973211794_4c9612daa3_b.jpg

PHO3e66b6da-ae86-11e3-953c-c7c798c3042f-805x453.jpg

They use the same weapons used by the military (full auto stuff, rifles and machine guns).
    They also protect nuclear power plants, do counter-terrorism, hostage rescue and a bunch of other things.

1200x768_agent-securite-centrale-nucleaire-chinon-lors-visite-ministre-interieur-claude-gueant-6-janvier-2012

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    They are part of the French military (different branch with both civilian and law enforcement power), they are like the US National Guard in case of a foreign invasion.
    They also act as military police and use those armored vehicles in war zones overseas.

And that's the difference. They are not really a police force so much as a military policing unit. It's the NG with tanks not Mayberry with MRAPs. We can call out the NG on the Governors order to restore peace but they are not considered LEOs...even the MPs in a civilian sense. Anyone detained by the NG would be turned over to LEOs.

Top Bottom