• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    i trade knives for guns all the time! a favorite past time! ;)

it is MUCH harder to justify a bunch of DIFFERENT knives than a bunch of DIFFERENT guns though. THAT i completely get! half a dozen nice knives and 40-60 different guns? coolio.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I don't understand the fascination with expensive $100 + knives .

Granted I'm not much of a "woodsman" , have never had the desire to chop down a tree with a pocket knife and have never had to bet my life on a knife .

I've had a $ 20 "walmart special " Gerber tanto blade for years and it has done anything I've needed it to .

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county

Granted I'm not much of a "woodsman" , have never had the desire to chop down a tree with a pocket knife and have never had to bet my life on a knife .

I've had a $ 20 "walmart special " Gerber tanto blade for years and it has done anything I've needed it to .

how much money did you spend on your glock? why waste the extra couple hundred dollars when a high point is just as good? it would do everything you needed it to also!

I have never understood how a person can justify one type of expensive gear but not another.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County

Hamburger vs steak. Chevette vs Corvette. Sometimes I feel like putting on a pair of fancy pants instead of sweats. I know my $50 Endura can handle almost anything I throw at it in my day to day life, but my Strider SNG Tanto with DGG does it in a much sexier fashion.

Last edited:

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Some people just do not share the same passion for knives as others. Some cannot afford expensive knives. There are times I look at a knife like at Blade and think wow is that knife really worth the asking price??? Sometimes yes and sometimes no. Not everyone lives in a 300k house and not everyone lives in a 50k house. Thank goodness there are so many options out there to suit everyone's budget and likes. If you are satisfied with a $20 knife versus a $100 knife then I say GREAT. At least you are enjoying your purchase. There are many different makers and styles to choose from as well as prices and I think that is the key. Remember knives were made way before guns were.:D Do we need both?? My answer is YES. I do anyway. I could not imagine my life without a knife of some sort whether it be on my person or in my kitchen. Some do not even think about it and I think the average person does nto think about how improtant a knife is to them but take them all away and they would.
    Many jobs require the use of a knife but not a gun. Just my :twocents:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

Why buy a Les Baer or Wilson, when you can get a Jennings or a HiPoint?

Why buy a BMW or Porsche, when you can get a Hyundai or a Kia?

A guitarist I know spent over $30,000 on his Greg Smallman classical guitar. Was he wrong to do that? HE doesn't think so.

Some people will pay more for higher quality. It's as simple as that.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Dude, you are aware that you just referred to a pair of your pants as "fancy"?

Laugh all you want. They scored me the leading role in a film alongside Roddy Piper
    220px-Fancypants_Poster1med.jpg

I was going to call him Mr FancyPants, but figured he might post a pic or something, and so changed my mind.
    tumblr_mc6lisdtNO1rj3g9co1_500.jpg

Thread summary:

Fancy Pants.

Cubby gets it

Thread summary: I hate you all for making me think I need a Strider.

I'm telling you dude, nothing beats a bad ass Strider and a pair of matching Zubaz
    Zubaz Zubaz Pants, Zubaz Zubaz Zebra Pants, Zuba Zubaz Pant & Zubas Zubaz Zebra Pant

mrtdrew

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 22, 2011
    NW Indy
    Honestly Ive never been able to bring myself to drop more than 150 on a knife im a huge knife guy and have so many its embarassing but for me the value goes out the window as the price goes up if I cant get the job done with a knife that i paid 150 or less for them in my opinion i probably shouldnt be using a knife for whatever im doing and need to find the proper tool for the job

Top Bottom